Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just leveling up my sailing skills as a newer player and I only had my light sloop to do so, but I had the realization that I was faster and lower than most high level navy ships(who could barely hit me) so I started attacking them to level faster... not the best idea I've ever had. After a little while, I was surrounded by a fleet of navy Man 'O Wars and Skeleton ships. Even Sea Vipers were on my tail! I rarely had any health left on my ship and had just finished taking out a navy ship and it gave me the option to board it, so I went to my cannons, shot out a few hook shots, and since I wanted to avoid death at any cost, as a level 10, I swung across to escape the immediate death by sinking alongside my ship(because this captain ain't goin' down with no light sloop). I landed on a navy ship that had 3 navy soldiers all above level 26 so I immediately whipped out my voodoo doll, quickly attuned them and ran around for the remainder of my playtime duration, WHICH WAS 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTES, and I kept dealing 1-2 damage to these soldiers as they chased me around their ship. Happy to say that I got out well and alive, but that was by far the strangest POTCO and TLOPO experience I've ever had looking back at it, and honestly, one far stranger than any I have seen or heard of ever.

Me lads and I had just finished sinking several navy dog ships, the coin gleaming in the Caribbean sun, the sweat from a successful day of pirating dripping from our furrowed brows. We were just 'bout to shove off, Port Royal bound to cash in our haul when suddenly, a good pal of mine exclaimed "A ship is coming!" We all glanced starboard, squinting and waiting. The captain pulled up his looking glass and gasped, that ship was the Tally Ho, a Navy ship of the line, the men were shaking in their boots. It was coming up on us fast, 60, no, 70 knots, at least. We knew this be the end for us. Closer and closer, the mighty ship got, almost upon us it was when the weaker of us wet their breeches. Its pace wasn't slowing, faster and faster it was going, still. Just when we thought it be over, when we thought we were done, it blasted past us, no second thought, no broadsides fired. All that fear, was wrought on for nothing. As it sailed off into the distance, we watched it smash straight through Tortuga and keep going. Truly a vessel to be feared by all.

This game brings back a lot of nostalgic memories, I remember that when my friend told me about this game, I told him that I'll meet him in the game (keep in mind that I was around 8 or 9 years old and had no knowledge about computers and online games), so I told him that I'd meet him on the top of the broken ship (the ships store). So I went there, and looked for him, we couldn't find each other, we looked around for over 2 hours, the we gave up.
Turns out.. we were just in different servers and I've figured that this was the reason around 6 years later.

I would like to thank you for all the hard work you guys have put into bringing this game back!
I first started playing this game back in late 2007 and played it 'til the very last day before Disney officially closed it down.

Here is my sketch of a pirate key!
I hope it is just the right amount of pirate the crew is looking for to turn into a tattoo and/or emblem for a sail.
Pirate Key.jpeg

Last edited:
So an interesting story that has happened to me wasn't caused by a glitch or a bug, but by my best friend. I had just logged on for the day and saw he was online so I decided to fast travel to him. Well, whenever you travel to someone a little text box appears having your name and "...Is coming to meet you" well my friend read it as "Charles BrawlSwine is coming to kill you!" and he was terrified. He ended up not being able to stay online long and went eat with his parents. He couldn't get the message out of his head so he told me that he went to the bathroom and washed his hands several times in order to get it out of his head. Of course it didn't work and we still talk about it today in any game involving fast travel.

Yarr its Clanks, I want to say this is a pen drawing of the type of dog seen in both the movie and ride of Pirates of The Caribbean. I choose to make it for the art contest, because it shows the players, one the key you guys wanted for this contest, two the dog is a big factor to the whole Pirates theme seen in the movie and the ride, and three because the dog was in the ride, the ride inspired the whole movie to be created by Disney also creating this game. This Dog can also be represent to players that are familiar with the game or new/fresh that this tattoo or sail emblem can show off your personality in your love of dogs, and you have one. Lest be honest a dog would be sick to be side by side a pirate.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Many experiences within the old POTCO have been left in my mind as frustrating yet somehow hilarious memories. The farming of the notorious Foulberto Smasho being one of them. In the abassa server, there were waves of people flooding the tunnels to the boss making everyone's frames drop close to simply 5 fps. Definitely it was a struggle staying alive whilst fighting the beast, if nobody were to help you, as people dropped down to the floor dazed, when Foulberto Smasho swung away at pirates 1 by 1. Clearly remembering the amount of tonics being poured on the ones needing help, the people too scared stood far away with guns whilst the brave pirates face tanked Foulberto Smasho. The fight usually lasting minutes each time, people tirelessly charged at Smasho hoping to see the red writing within the loot that says "Silver Freeze". Finally, after the sound of the loot dropping emits through my computer, and people opening up their boxes and screaming in all caps, screaming in chat "OMG OMG SILVER FREEZE", I always only manage to loot me knives that were written in green or yellow.

Here is a little clip of my brother and I having a laughing fit for no reason xD My brother started giggling and laughing in a way that caused me to start busting up laughing and then we could not stop for a good few minutes!
I`m down in the bottom left corner laughing my pirate pants off xD

The video title is "TLOPO: Laughing Fit!"
Here is the video link enjoy guys :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfxRiPdAXP0

So one time I was playing with my brother at about 11:30 pm and we decided to go to Raven's Cove to see what level the things were there. We landed and went exploring to find some stuff that was more our level. We stumbled across this interesting red blob/ ghost like thing. It didn't have a name or level above its I thought it would be a good idea to swing my sword at it. As soon as I hit it the name an the level showed up. I knew I was screwed so I started running, but I immediately died. My brother then tried to revive debut then I started to attack him and it started following him all around the island. After I spawned back in jail and he finally sailed away from the island we had a good laugh about our epic fail and vowed never to go back there by ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back