Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 1.23.42 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-6-12 at 1.23.42 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12 at 1.23.42 AM.jpg

Here I was trying to level up my dagger, and when I arrived at Tormenta the Dregs outside the entrance were shrunken. Looking like little groot from the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie, just with needy white eyes staring at me. I was cracking up so bad when he started fighting back.

Here's my sketch for the contest! Good luck to everyone that entered! :happy:
One of the funniest moments was in the original POTCO. I was a low level, and quite younger than I am now. and I went to jail for dying and I had no idea what was going on since that was the first time I died. Anyways, I got thrown to the ground abruptly and eventually starting kicking the jail door open. I was running frantically to the jail door exit, when out of nowhere, these high leveled pirates knocked me out with a voodoo. It was a glitch since I couldn't get revived or couldn't move, and I was scared for my life. Now I think its so funny how scared I was and thought my pirate was going to actually die and not come back xD. So this helpless noob pirate was calling for help and all of the intimidating pirates surrounded me and kept knocking me out over and over, even when I returned to the jail cell. Finally one guy said this isn't right and they should let me go. The other guys sadly agreed to it and they were gone in a snap. I was so thankful for that one good samaritan to little old me.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2017-06-14 13-23 page 1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
I made a POTCO account several years ago. I instantly loved the game. I spent quite a while designing my character and then skipped through all of the instructions/guide. I ran haphazardly around talking to random players. I then unknowingly joined a crew while they were in the middle of a ship battle. It was a fairly small ship with a depressing amount of cannons. I sprinted over to the first thing I saw (the cannons) and peered out over the water. At that moment, an extremely decked out Man O' War pulled up beside our ship. I think I remember them being bounty hunters. We somehow, by some miracle, sank them before they sank us. Then, while the crew was celebrating over the chat, another Man O' War appeared beside us, and after that another. That crew and I must have sunk 7 of those enormous vessels before we went back to a port. I received heart-attack causing amounts of loot and made some friends. I would love to be able to do that with TLOPO.
upload_2017-6-14_21-39-1.png

Last edited:
One memorable and funny event occurred when I launched to sail with a friend to Ravens Cove. As happened to others and me as well I ended up below decks on the ship. After a few attempts I decided to sail from below deck and sink ships along the way. I launched the map and navigated to Ravens Cove watching my progress on the map! It worked! What was really cool was watching the cannons fire! The detail the devs put into it allowed me to watch the gun hatches open and close and the guns moving into position and back. This was truly an unusual and fun experience! Attached are two screen shots I took.
saiil.PNG
sail.PNG
sail.PNG
saiil.PNG
sail.PNG

Earlier today I was out on The High Seas with my guild, plundering and whatnot. The Captain, who was quite new to TLOPO, was trying to level up his sailing experience with us on his Frigate that he spent a while saving gold for. Unfortunately, he wasn't familiar with the Hunters and Warships system, so he got a surprise when we continued our plundering streak. The first bounty hunters arrived, which were pretty difficult and proved for a real challenge for the Captain. "man, i never asked for this", he says in the chat. "Oh, it gets worse", says some of the guild members. Eventually, a large warship comes into the frame. The Captain panicked, as the ship was already badly damaged despite being repaired. In the chat he blurts out "WHAT" "IM OUT OF HERE" and he books it for Cuba, which is the only place where the Navy didn't close porting. On the way there, he expresses his anger in the chat with "WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS TELL ME ABOUT THIS", "OMG YOU GUYS ARE DUMB", Etc., and immediately proceeds to panicking. At this point me and my guild were laughing so hard we couldn't take the situation seriously. As we reach Cuba, the crew gets a new notification stating that "The Navy has closed down Cuba! But Tortuga's open." The Captain responds with "ARE YOU KIDDING" in the chat and my guild starts crying in laughter. Eventually we made it, but the Captain left his sanity out at the seas. After a few apologies from the guild, we continue our glorious quest for treasure and dominance and... yeah.

I thought this was an original idea so I went for it. I hope you guys like it!

Attachments

• TLOPO Contest.pdf
    138.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Note: Just got back from being in and out of hospital, this was kinda my first funny experience (isn't the best!).

Today actually, logged in and a mate of mine was sailing and needed some people to operate the cannons so I thought why not. It was myself and 3-5 other guild members. We fought maybe 7-8 more ships and thought it was a good time to head in and port up. They had already reached max loot and had a few rare chests n what not. We head for Tortuga and we have a level 61 ship tailing us and we really don't wanna fight it because a few people bailed/crashed previously, alongside having great loot already. As soon as we were maybe 500 feet from Tortuga, the guy operating the boat crashes. We all begin to panic because it's myself, 2 others and a guy who's maybe level 17 and the rest of us being under level 10. Just imagine all of us running around screaming in chat as we get attacked by a ship and frantically jump around. I begin to shakily fix the boat solo, while everyone complains :eek: The guy who's level 17 takes the reigns of the wheel and tries to port us. As soon as he hits shift on the wheel, it seems as the Navy has closed Tortuga. Just perfect. After that, my mate came back and got real mad because the boat had a sliver of health left and the rest of us just stood there like idiots. We eventually fixed up the boat completely and fought off the 61.. just barely. I'm glad to be back and this is the stuff I missed from this game.

;)

KOS old guild.png This was one of my guild crests for an old game called Archage, So we basically sat down and thought, what could be the best crest to implement into our sails when we plunder??? And well this came up hope it gets implemented. For those of you who don't know what the KOS stands for it's: KILL ON SIGHT

Last edited:
One of the stories I had:

I was in a "noob" guild. Most of us weren't high level but we all played the game before or had experience with gaming. We set out for Kingshead for loot and glory ;). As a fierce level 7 swordsfighter I stood no chance alone so I relied on my guildmate to take most of the damage and deal the most damage. An officer who was level 25 was our next challenge but my guild mate had other plans. The second my sword struck my guildmate got a phone call. It turned out to be his girlfriend, leaving me to be utterly wrecked by the level 25 officer. He shortly ended the call and planned to revive me while I was knocked out. Now his mother called him downstairs, which lead to me to my inevitable fate of heading to Port Royal. Needless to say I quit that guild 5 seconds after haha.
keeperofthekey.jpg

YARR say you want to hear a story? I'll tell ya a story you wont ever forget. I was at sea minding me own business with me crew, plundering the Navy on the left while yelling at my first mate on the right. I could have sworn my first mate was delusional, he kept shooting at open water saying a ship was coming. I sent him down to the cargo docks with a slice of lemon to cure his illness, when out of a sudden a giant ghost frigate rammed my ship and grape shot me and my crew. I was down trying to regain my composure, while getting up I saw a fleet of ghosts boarding my ship, my crew cried of agony, I was helpless we couldn't draw any weapon I was scared for the first time at sea. One by one my crew fell crying for mercy, but their deaths were slow and painful. I couldn't take it anymore, I pressed the esc key and logged out.

"It must have been El Patron's crew avenging and taking back their weapons back."

Nay it were much more terrifying.

"Captain they must have been a crew of 10 Faulberto Smasho."

Even worse, it was a bug.

"A bug?"

Aye it was a bugged lvl 1 grave digger that was the death of us.

"Your the worse Captain I've ever heard of"

Ah but you heard of me!

Oh my... I suck at drawing and I saw so many entries, but I'll write a few funny moments...

It's been a while I played. And frankly, Pirates of the Caribbean Online has been my best game experience ever. And I've had many in my 20-year-old internet experience! I missed the game so much a few years back, and one day I visited the Disney website. I was devastated to see that it was closed! Today I surfed the internet, thinking that perhaps Disney had started the game again, since the last movie came out and (I think) was a great success. To my astonishment, I found this "pirates revival project" and I can honestly say that it's (close to) the best day of my life!!

I love soloing in games. This means that I made countless encounters alone against things that were much stronger than me in order to level up my character and my skills.

I remember using a glitch to level up grenades. It consisted of going through the 3D walls in a specific spot and aiming at very high level Davy Jones creatures, I found it hilarious because while I was throwing grenades at them, they would flay their arms and run towards me, but could never really figure out where I was located and could not touch me due to the actual wall enclosing them. Take that, scoundrels!!

Once I remember taking on a Navy Man'O'War by myself. Of course I wasn't using a dingy, but still! I kept sailing in circles, going back and forth from the cannons to the bar. That attempt failed many times, so I visited the jail quite often. By the time the plan succeeded, I had made a rat friend in jail, and I named him Ben. After my long-sought victory, I went to Ben for official farewells.

Of course, like others, I found myself sailing in the city due to a glitch. It's quite a sight really! Or sailing through ghost ships... great memories!

Do you remember playing cards with Jack Sparrow himself? I sure do! I remember the good times! Whenever I was bored, I used to play cards. It was a nice way to make money and sometimes lose it, too! Boy do I remember going to the tavern with a bit of a fortune and coming back out pennyless! Such is life!

Welp, I am not sure if I made you laugh. But I sure was glad to share my experiences with ya'll! I can't wait to start sailing again! Honestly, Pirates Online was so versatile, what with being a mage, fighter and rogue all at the same time, plus sailing ships, playing cards, digging stuff, choosing new clothes and jewelry and tattoos... need I say more??

Kheten

Protect bacteria - the only culture some people have (anonymous)

TLOPOKey.jpg

Link (in case image breaks): http://imgur.com/4B5YgXd

Story Time

While doing very well as a Spanish War Frigate in PVP when we noticed a French light sloop driving very recklessly about using Full Sail and Come About to fly around the outskirts of the battle. We thought we were being nice by not sinking a ship that didn't need to be. Ignoring the ship, we continued dominating the battle, but we didn't notice it suddenly come to a stop. Out of nowhere, our ship lost half of it's health in an instant! The French light sloop unloaded max level Fury rounds into the back of our ship. We were shortly sunk by another round Never underestimate light sloops...ever...

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO DEVIL'S ANVIL ISLAND

A funny thing happened a couple of nights ago on the way to Devil's Anvil, it all started when I saw a Navy Panther and remembered I needed to sink it for a quest, so I thought why not, if I don't get blown up I can always dock and repair, besides other Navy ships were far enough, so I fired a few shots and next thing you know, more Navy ships show up and an EITC ship and then a Phantom which I never fired a single shot on, I don't think I ever did sink the Panther towards the end I sank something that brought a Bounty Hunter, man do they move fast so at that point I had to dock at no point as you can see did my boat suffer major damage, glitch? lol I opened my OBS to record not realizing I had my stream Overlays on but eventually you can see I figured it out, I didn't edit it out since it would have taken away from the whole incident, which by the way lasted almost 15 mins. I had heard about how another sloop had a similar incident but I couldn't believe it, but having experienced it myself I believe it now.

Last edited:
Back when I was a wee lad I had to share my Pirates of the Caribbean account with my mom, it wasn't a big deal but it did lead to the funniest story I can think of in game. One time, my mom was hanging out with her family friendly guild in Kingsland, they were all gathered around and there were a few random players nearby who they didn't know. At one point she got the attention of a miniboss and said something in chat along the lines of "I'm such an idiot." Now, apparently someone in that crowd was severely hurt and or offended by these words because the following day she woke up to a 24 hour long suspension from the game. Of course her kids were angry and had to get vengeance somehow, and so any time she would curse or do anything even mildly rude we would yell at her "That'll get you banned in Pirates of the Caribbean!" It became a tradition of sorts, and we still honor it to this day.

Thank you for this opportunity to receive a beta key, despite how dated it might seem it holds great personal value and loads of fond memories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back