Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not really the best drawer out there but i did the best i could and i'm proud of my drawing and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do. thanks!
20170615_081101.jpg

It was one of those lovely warm Caribbean mornings, one that makes you say "Aye, it's time to plunder with pleasure!". A fellow pirate asked me "Would you like to go raid some flagships." and being a respectable plundering pirate I could not deny. As we went to board our ship someone had sprinted toward us as fast as a human could, breathing heavily he told us that there be hunters on the prowl. My friend scoffed at him "Hunters? Can't be worse than any of those navy lot sailing about." The mysterious man look him dead in the eye and said "You don't understand, they're ships that are sent out to hunt pirates who plunder too much." My friend once more laughed at him, gesturing for me to come on board his ship.
I didn't believe that these "hunters" could be so strong yet there was a thought lingering in my mind that maybe that mad fool is right. I soon forgot as the ocean breeze hit me and we were taking down Navy vessels left and right. It was only after we had boarded our 5th flagship that a large shadow starts to swallow our ship whole. I hear the captain yell down "Comrade, don't look behind us!" and quickly I turn around, only to see a massive War Galleon about to ram into our lowly Light Frigate. I start yelling "Flux! Start moving, full sail full sail!" as the Hunter begins to make haste for our ship. I start to aim for the ship, only to see the impossible. It manages to take out the back of our ship. Flux begins shout wildly "Move, move!" as he runs to the right, and I sprint for the left. The ship cuts through ours like butter, leaving two halves. We look at each other as we both begin to yell as our pieces sink down.

That was my attempt at a funny little story, told from the perspective of my character. For those who would rather know what happened in game we didn't know Hunters had been added and it phased through our ship and nearly one shot us. I hope you all like the story!

What more would a pirate want then a mermaid on an anchor. A Original piece meant for true sailors of the sea! I be a Tattoo artist outside of the virtual world and this is one of me original pieces, hope ye guys like it! Good luck to everyone!
Mermaid_joe.jpg

Attachments

• Mermaid_joe.jpg
    Mermaid_joe.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Heres a story for ye, Funny to some yet sad to others.
A Beautiful day for looting. The gold in the gold room has Never looked so shiny. Bomb thrown, Skull chests drop, opened to see those red letters saying "Thunderspine Sword" With excitement you go to click take all despite the other things in the chest, when suddenly. "The Game Has Stopped Working/ Force Close" The end.

My story begins, as many do, sailing. However, this wasn't your run-of-the-mill mat run. No, this was privateering. I had recently achieved the rank of Lieutenant and showed no signs of stopping in my quest to reach Vice Admiral ( and the awesome hat that goes along with it ). The tides were on the side of the French that day; the capable crew and captain of my ship ensured we would not be sinking anytime soon. Knowing that my spot would quickly be filled, I decided to remain onboard and forego a quick trip to the mainland for ammo. Without Fury or Thunderbolt, I understood that the best way to make myself useful was repairing. I quickly grabbed an open spot and began my duties. Unfortunately, the Spanish chose that moment to mount a strong offensive. The captain grew panicked, shouting for all open hands to repair, but alas, it was all for naught. The ship was struck by double broadsides containing fury and soon became a memory on the ocean floor. Now, you must keep in mind that I was still repairing, as were several on that ship. We all know that repairing doubled with SvS can be a bit... glitchy. My case was no exception as I found myself floating around with our sunken ship. It was actually quite fun, despite the fact that I was stuck there. Before relogging, I idly thought to myself.. "Is this what scuba diving feels like?" . Fin

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 3.27.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 3.27.59 PM.png
    223 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I've made a couple of variations. For this, I decided to go with a skeleton key, quite literally. A key made of bones/teeth. Following the inspiration from the pre-existing emblems and tattoos, I used a simple black & white art style, with both a black-on-white and a white-on-black version.
Carved Version
bone-key.png bone-key-inverted.png
Teeth Version
bone-key-teeth.png bone-key-teeth-inverted.png

The most funny experience I've had in game...

Well, it was when I was playing on the old version there was this crazy glitch. I got a quest to go kill 5 skeletons, (easy right?) So I went to the graveyard and there were the skeletons I needed to kill. I went into my inventory to switch out my sword. I come back and they are all gone, I'm just about to restart my game when I see these flying skeletons everywhere, then they started dancing. See if this happened and I had a single bullet I would have used it on myself. I thought I was mad. Disco lights came up when I finally just exited the game. It was hilarious.

View attachment 84193

Ahoy, everyone!

Beta Keys are as rare as Legendary Weapons nowadays, aren't they? Well, not today! The Crew has designed a contest that will award 10 players with Beta Keys!

In order to enter, all you have to do is post one of the following on this thread
(entries only, please do not post questions here):

a) A drawing of an item for the Keepers of the Code guild, preferably a key. The best drawing will become both a sail emblem and a tattoo that will be shown off by Game Masters in-game! Other 4 winners will win a key.
The drawing must be in black and white.

*Original works only, entries copied from Google Images will be disqualified

b) Tell us about a funny experience you’ve had in-game! Make us cry from laughter!
300 words maximum or a video no longer than 3 minutes.

5 winners will be chosen for both the drawing contest and the story.

Accounts with serious or repeat violations of our Terms of Service are ineligible. Winners will be announced on June 24th, 2017!

Good luck, mateys! If you’ve got any questions, shoot a private message to MMDR.
The funniest thing that ever happened to me while playing Pirates was I had just now bought a new frigate ship and I was sailing around feeling very confident and I would approach any ship and destroy it only using tactics and maneuvers, I eventually would start killing flagships, my inventory was just full of tons and tons of new things. golden treasure chest and regular chest, loot pouches materials everything was maxed out. but then I approached a regular Navy ship frigate, I fired a few cannons at it and took it down without much doing. and over the time I had accumulated a lot of damage on my own ship from other battles and just as I thought I was in the clear setting sail for Port Royal to Dock and claim all the prizes and goods that I won........ not 7 ft from the island a Navy light sloop shot me with one Cannon and took me down to the bottom of the sea I lost everything and ended up waking up in the port royal jail....... then a few seconds later I proceeded to throw my keyboard into my wall and punched a crack in my Monitor. So instead of getting a full inventory of materials gold and weaponry I ended up paying real money to fix my drywall and get a new computer screen ;D

A long time ago, when I played the original POTCO. I was on a ship with my mates, and we were taking down bounty hunters and warships as we normally would when we got together, at one point, we decided to board a Navy Man o War. Everything went as it should have gone until it was time to get off the ship, all of my friends got off the ship just fine, but for some reason, my game glitched out and I stayed on the ship as it went down. I was stuck inside the ocean until I logged off. When I logged back on I was in Port Royal, all was well, but this is by far one of my funniest moments in this game.

A funny story from my Pirates career took place in the Faithful Bride in Tortuga, where one of my guild members was getting 'married' in game. It was quite funny. The worst part about it, besides the fact that he was getting married in a game, was the fact that 2 days later the girl was sailing with another guy. He unfriended her and she did the same. They never spoke again, nor did we bring it back up. So moral of the story is, don't get married in game and if you do, don't sail with other people.

upload_2017-6-15_18-48-54.png

A key inside a jar of dirt.

Once there was a pirate named Jack Burnskull who found a beta key in a loot pouch from a low level navy soldier.
The end. :)

I hope you enjoyed my drawing and story.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-15_18-46-40.png
    upload_2017-6-15_18-46-40.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 73
Hey Crew! Here is my submission for the contest:

Skull_contest.png

**NOTE** I put the red watermark over it for protection and to prevent anyone from plagiarizing me because it is a digital image. If my graphic gets chosen, please message me and I will remove the watermark!

A funny story:

My guild master and I were hanging out on Tortuga and there was a random other player there that had no guild. My guild master had sent him a friend request and a guild invite. The player accepted the friend request but not the guild request. My GM then decided to try and convince the player through whisper chat to join the guild, so I had no idea what is going on. I was cleaning out my inventory and didn't even know that this player is here. I guess the conversation between my GM and the other player continued for a few minutes, then I looked up and saw this other pirate with no guild. Without even know what was going on, I invited him to the guild, and he accepted the request with no questions asked. Not sure why he accepted my request, but it was funny to see my egotistical GM get rejected after trying so hard, then for me to try once and it worked! :)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Skull contest.png
    Skull contest.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 55
Gather around my friends an' let me tell y' a thrillin' story of how I escaped certain death at the hands of the East India Trading Company.

Now, I'm not an experienced old salt like many of y' are. But I love the sea an' spend many an hour out sailin' around our beloved Caribbean. So one day I left the port of Padres del Fuego an' was sailin' towards Kingshead when I spied a small galleon flagship that belonged to those East India Trading Company devils. Now I fancy myself a fine captain an' an able swordswoman so I was confident of my ability to take their ship an' cargo for myself.

Twas a quick battle an' their fat little galleon couldn't even hit my fast sloop. Once their ship was sufficiently crippled I swung across an' my boots hit their deck with a thud. I was expecting that my foes would be immediately upon me, but to my surprise they were dallying about in one group by the mast! Thinking that this be good fortune, I drew my cutlass silently from it's sheath an' snuck up on them, intendin' to deal them all a mighty blow in one stroke.

Ah! How foolish I was! At once they sprung upon me an' to my terror I saw by the look of them that they were all stronger than me, not mere EITC grunts but fearsome mercenaries! So I did what any smart pirate in my situation would do...I turned tail an' ran!

Fortunately for myself I was much more nimble than they were an' I led the mercenaries on a chase all around the deck of their ship in circles, from bow to stern an' back again an' again! It was a surprise the ship didn't start spinin' in circles! Now I lost my head a bit, thinking that to stand an' fight would be to die, or at the very least it would mean an unpleasant trip to jail an' the confiscation of my favorite ship. I attempted with much difficulty to get a distress message to my guildmates, for it was a challenge to do so an' dodge the mercenaries at the same time. It cost me several health tonics, only to my horror to find out that my guild could not teleport to me whilst I was aboard that blasted flagship!

Mates, there wasn't anythin' else for me to do then. I turned on my heels an' drew my sword, fallin' upon them with a cry, I cut one man down before I sprinted to the other side of the ship again. As long as I kept movin' I'd keep my neck intact as well. Again I went from one end of the ship to the other, slowly pickin' off the mob of mercenaries one by one.

After some length I managed to dispatch the last of them an' I took their cargo, sinking their ship afterwards with much spite. An' when I landed safely back on my own ship, I fell down gaspin' an' told my guildmates what had happened. Suffice to say they were just as surprised as I was that I'd taken on a flagship alone at my level an' survived in one piece!

Back when the official game was up, there were lots of glitches and stuff where you could get out of bounds and under the map or clip inside a wall your not supposed to. I don't have a good memory of this glitch, resulting in me forgetting the location of it. But I do know that it is inside of a building with windows you can see through, and then just empty space. Back then since lots more players were in the game than now (I think) it was more common to see multiple pirates pass by. So what we did was we advertised our building we had glitched into as a KFC, selling nothing but pure air labeled as Kentucky fried chicken. Later on, I moved on to bigger title games so I don't recall much of my experience with this game, so although this might not be the funniest thing, it's one of the only things I CAN recall...

Probably the Funniest Story that i have about getting back into this game is the fact that one day the guild I am apart of decided it was a good ideal to take on some of Davy Jones' crew. Fair enough, we are all fairly high level so we made it work and levelled quickly. But then in the caves we stumbled upon a little level 1o Pirate. We had no idea what he thought he was doing in such a dangerous area, but we decided to make a game out of it. We all pulled out of dolls and attuned this wee lad and decided to let hime take on one of the beasts by himself, and thought that is we all constantly healed him, he would be able to kill the beasts. It was all fine and dandy for the first couple of hits, and next thing you know, our little pirate friend was getting 200 notoriety from these! It was crazy to see that this was working so well!

In the original Disney game, I was grinding my ship and it was almost dead, and I was trying to land on Driftwood. There was a vanguard in my way, and if I got hit once I would die. I dodged all of its attacks like a true pirate, but we both hit each other at the same time and ended up BOTH getting sunk! Another funny story was when a sunk a Phantom with my lvl 3 pirate's light sloop. Took about 1 hr.

I remember back when the game was still up, I was a free to play player. However, I would still board public ships with level 50 captains and I would be a total waste of space. Whenever we landed on an island, it was usually way too high a level for me. One time we dropped anchor on Isle del Fuego and the crew all joined up to take on a cave full of EITC boys. They all had their grenades and voodoo staffs, and they could handle the enemies pretty easily. What they couldn't handle was the swarm of bats and grenadiers I brought back after I ran in Leeroy Jenkins style deeper into the cave! When I got back it was just a mess of explosions and bat squawks! All of them died except for me, the level 12 moron. The enemies were so badly wounded that I managed to kill them all then revive the crew. I was actually quite useful the rest of the way through the cave. That's how I became level 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back