Weapons New Legendary Clues

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
Please add clues to this thread.
Let me start it off with a few:
  1. 6 new bosses on Tormenta and 6 new legendaries, seems unlikely to be a coincidence.
  2. 6 small rocks around the Mood Rock seems tied to it.
  3. Does the lone boss on Raven's Cove have anything to do with it? 4 minions next to her and 2 more remote ones seems to match the bosses on Tormenta relative to the image of Davy Jones.
  4. What's with the guys that were overheard on Cuba that would seem to have stolen one or more of the legendaries?
  5. There is lots of talk about not going alone. It makes it sound like you will die if you do but such is not the case. It makes me think there is a task to be done that requires teamwork to succeed.
  6. There is a searchable container and dig spot in Forsaken Shallows.
  7. There is a blocked entry in Forsaken Shallows. It seems there's nothing behind it but it is odd and something not seen elsewhere in TLOPO.
  8. It's been stated that the new legendaries can't be looted by the normal method or from a normal enemy.
  9. There is a digging npc close to the image of Davy Jones and the search spots. They are looking for something, seems likely they would be looking for weapons.
The hope is that if we get all the clues in one place someone will make sense of them and the puzzle of how to loot the new legendaries will be solved. I will add to this list whenever something comes up that would seem to be a clue.

Last edited:
Maybe far fetched.. but possible gotta lure a boss to the mood rock? (kind of like the watery grave). Why is it even hidden anway?...
I've had this thought too but don't really see any clues that point to it. Did you see any clue that suggested that to you? It seems likely that you could lure Palifico there. I will try it since it is not a huge time investment. I tried to lure the two bosses outside Forsaken Shallows yesterday with the thought that the Cursed Blades Blog says there are 6 bosses that can be found in Forsaken Shallows but in reality there are 4 so I wondered if that could be fixed, it didn't work, they turned away long before they got to the entrance.

Please add clues to this thread.
Let me start it off with a few:
  1. 6 new bosses on Tormenta and 6 new legendaries, seems unlikely to be a coincidence.
  2. 6 small rocks around the Mood Rock seems tied to it.
  3. If the blog says there are 6 new bosses in Forsaken Shallows why are there actually only 4 and the other 2 are in the old part of Tormenta?
  4. Does the lone boss on Raven's Cove have anything to do with it? 4 minions next to her and 2 more remote ones seems to match the bosses on Tormenta relative to the image of Davy Jones.
  5. What's with the guys that were overheard on Cuba that would seem to have stolen one or more of the legendaries?
  6. There is lots of talk about not going alone. It makes it sound like you will die if you do but such is not the case. It makes me think there is a task to be done that requires teamwork to succeed.
The hope is that if we get all the clues in one place someone will make sense of them and the puzzle of how to loot the new legendaries will be solved.
Well, they (dev's) allowed the hole in the room for the crystal/rock for some reason. Perhaps a later quest. They really didn't say there will or not be quests in that area. Since I seem incapable of looting any legendary at all, I have no thoughts about that kind of loot and efforts to loot them.

Maybe far fetched.. but possible gotta lure a boss to the mood rock? (kind of like the watery grave). Why is it even hidden anway?...
Hmmm. The bosses DO follow you all over the map. I'm going to try to lure the level 52 into the rock room maybe tonight to see if it will follow through a glitch in the wall. The question is also, why was it exposed or allowed to be exposed to the general public?

Well, they (dev's) allowed the hole in the room for the crystal/rock for some reason. Perhaps a later quest. They really didn't say there will or not be quests in that area. Since I seem incapable of looting any legendary at all, I have no thoughts about that kind of loot and efforts to loot them.
I really think that the Mood Rock must have something to do with unlocking the new legendaries but what is the big question. My impression is that the Mood Rock is symbolic of Davy Jones and his generals are the smaller rocks surrounding it. There is a dig spot and a searchable container in Forsaken Shallows too which suggests a hidden quest perhaps, if true how do you get it?

And.. theres no way to know if its a legitimate effort since it could take hours to drop anything anyway lol...
That is also a possibility but it seems unlikely. My guess is that when you unlock it you will either get a legendary or you will get a message saying that you unlocked it somehow.

Hmmm. The bosses DO follow you all over the map. I'm going to try to lure the level 52 into the rock room maybe tonight to see if it will follow through a glitch in the wall. The question is also, why was it exposed or allowed to be exposed to the general public?
Yes, me too. I think Palifico would follow you there, other npc s have followed me through walls before.

Yes, me too. I think Palifico would follow you there, other npc s have followed me through walls before.
It is possible to lure Palifico in the circle, you can hit him with some throwing daggers since he is located above you.

I tried killing him in the circle but he didn't drop any legendaries and nothing said that I unlocked the ability to loot the legendaries or something like that. But I only tried it 2-3 times, maybe you have to try it more idk.

It is possible to lure Palifico in the circle, you can hit him with some throwing daggers since he is located above you.

I tried killing him in the circle but he didn't drop any legendaries and nothing said that I unlocked the ability to loot the legendaries or something like that. But I only tried it 2-3 times, maybe you have to try it more idk.
Nice work. Obviously, that's not it or not the whole story anyway. Did you look for any changes in the Mood Rock or the smaller ones when you did it?

I really think that the Mood Rock must have something to do with unlocking the new legendaries but what is the big question. My impression is that the Mood Rock is symbolic of Davy Jones and his generals are the smaller rocks surrounding it. There is a dig spot and a searchable container in Forsaken Shallows too which suggests a hidden quest perhaps, if true how do you get it?
If it has to do with defeating bosses by the new Mood Rock, then it is a possibility that you would have to defeat all of the bosses by Mood Rock. At least the ones in Forsaken Shallows.
Some say the recent April Fools' "gift" of a stick with 0 attack could play some part in obtaining the new legendaries, but in my opinion it seems a bit far-fetched, although possible.
A hidden quest would actually be pretty cool, especially if it unlocked differently for everyone (such as different orders of killing bosses, etc.) I assume that it would unlock the same way for everyone, though, since this would be the first hidden quest in TLOPO. As far as getting the quest, I have not an inkling of a clue how to obtain it.

I am sure there is something we all are missing. Something well hidden.

Just had a chat with TLOPO and the only clue they are giving is that its not by your normal everyday enemy. I'm assuming the bosses (even tho they are BOSSES) would be considered everyday enemies.. they are there on a regular basis all the time. (Or am I thinking wrong?) So its either an unknown/rare enemy OR could it be from those random bosses that pop up once in awhile during regular battles?? If that is the case, all the looting at the new bosses is pointless, as they wont generate a random boss being that they already are LOL. Hope that all made sense...

Note they didnt say "normal every looting method" again.. they said normal everyday enemy.. we've been assuming its HOW you kill an enemy when i believe its WHICH enemy will drop it.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with moodrock, you have to glitch through a wall to get to it meaning, it would be bad game design to have to lure enemies or do anything there. It's purely an easter egg. The twins bosses have been killed so many times now by groups of people, crews, etc. So that pretty much excludes it being boss drop specific with a group of people. I believe the searchable container and dig spot are leftover from the port from the 2008 Tormenta Cave.

I agree it likely has something to do with having a group/crew with you. The blocked off cave entrance on the other side of Forsaken shallows is odd, although it could just be something for later expansions. I doubt it has anything to do with the spectral Davy Jones, as it was mentioned they added him as an afterthought as per suggestions.

Just had a chat with TLOPO and the only clue they are giving is that its not by your normal everyday enemy. I'm assuming the bosses (even tho they are BOSSES) would be considered everyday enemies.. they are there on a regular basis all the time. (Or am I thinking wrong?) So its either an unknown/rare enemy OR could it be from those random bosses that pop up once in awhile during regular battles?? If that is the case, all the looting at the new bosses is pointless, as they wont generate a random boss being that they already are LOL. Hope that all made sense...
I expect the bosses are normal enemies but you can make arguments that they are not, particularly the twins. I think you are thinking correctly in your opinions and guesses.

I doubt it has anything to do with the spectral Davy Jones, as it was mentioned they added him as an afterthought as per suggestions.
And 'they' just spoofed us with a el patron tree branch and you're going to believe they added him as an afterthought as per suggestions??
And I've got a couple of bags of skeleton bones to sell you. lol

I highly doubt it has anything to do with moodrock, you have to glitch through a wall to get to it meaning, it would be bad game design to have to lure enemies or do anything there. It's purely an easter egg. The twins bosses have been killed so many times now by groups of people, crews, etc. So that pretty much excludes it being boss drop specific with a group of people. I believe the searchable container and dig spot are leftover from the port from the 2008 Tormenta Cave.

I agree it likely has something to do with having a group/crew with you. The blocked off cave entrance on the other side of Forsaken shallows is odd, although it could just be something for later expansions. I doubt it has anything to do with the spectral Davy Jones, as it was mentioned they added him as an afterthought as per suggestions.
There are no clues that suggest killing the bosses at Mood Rock is the answer but at the same time its formation and uniqueness suggest a purpose.

Back