Weapons New Legendary Clues

And 'they' just spoofed us with a el patron tree branch and you're going to believe they added him as an afterthought as per suggestions??
And I've got a couple of bags of skeleton bones to sell you. lol
There was a mention of Davy Jones in the blogs, I need to reread that.

If it is the case that we need to find a way to 'unlock' these legends, they really should have told us that in the official blog posts and not left us to figure it out by pure chance. Leaving us completely in the dark about how to find them I think is discouraging for a lot of people. We really need more information or even just a few hints, or a confirmation that we're on the right train of thought. Barely knowing anything at all officially is pretty dumb and not well thought out by them in my opinion.

If it is the case that we need to find a way to 'unlock' these legends, they really should have told us that in the official blog posts and not left us to figure it out by pure chance. Leaving us completely in the dark about how to find them I think is discouraging for a lot of people. We really need more information or even just a few hints, or a confirmation that we're on the right train of thought. Barely knowing anything at all officially is pretty dumb and not well thought out by them in my opinion.
Many of the people that play this game are very intelligent and creative, I expect that they will enjoy the challenge and rise to it. I also believe there are clues that are available to solve the mystery and we are not completely in the dark.

Many of the people that play this game are very intelligent and creative, I expect that they will enjoy the challenge and rise to it. I also believe there are clues that are available to solve the mystery and we are not completely in the dark.
I agree that we're all intelligent and capable of complex problem solving, but there should have been an official word on it, not a random discord message that most people won't see. Also, what about the people that only look at the official website, and don't check the forums? Those people may never know how to unlock them if no one tells them. I feel like there would have been several much better ways to handle this "puzzle".

I agree that we're all intelligent and capable of complex problem solving, but there should have been an official word on it, not a random discord message that most people won't see. Also, what about the people that only look at the official website, and don't check the forums? Those people may never know how to unlock them if no one tells them. I feel like there would have been several much better ways to handle this "puzzle".
Being that it's not yet solved I think your criticism is premature, it may turn out that it's not nearly as tough as it now appears and we are making mountains out of molehills.

"along side" Davy Jones ... the only dig spot in the shallows in right next to Davy Jones. I think that dig spot is involved somehow
I put it down as a possible clue. It could be just there for possible future use but that seems unlikely as adding it later when it's needed seems just as easy. I don't think it could be there by accident. It's lead me to wonder if there is a hidden quest.

Being that it's not yet solved I think your criticism is premature, it may turn out that it's not nearly as tough as it now appears and we are making mountains out of molehills.
While I agree that it may be premature to draw conclusions, I've seen this go way out of hand before in other gaming communities. In the Overwatch community in mid-2016, it was highly speculated that a new Hero, Sombra, was going to be released sometime soon. There was very little official word, but there were clues that needed to be found and solved which revealed more clues, but it went on for months and months (from May 2016 until November 2016 iirc), and by the end of it, when the Hero was finally announced, very few people were excited because they were exhausted from the investigation and just how long it took. I just don't want the same thing to happen here. I don't want this to take forever, and by then, everyone's tired of looting and not excited to search for the new weapons. This would hurt the devs' hard work on the new area and the new items if no one's excited for them by the end of it.

Someone's probably mentioned this, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

I have a suspicion that Tia Dalma probably has some involvement. Read the post & you'll see that one of the treasure hunters says to "take it to her upriver" (which I'm assuming would be referencing Tia Dalma, since she resides in Pantano River in the game) Tia Dalma also had somewhat of a relationship with Davy Jones in the POTC movies, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had some other insight about his crew, his cursed blades & their secrets.

Opens up the possibility (in my opinion anyways) of there being another new questline or some information we haven't picked up on yet.

https://gyazo.com/60d1ac2fa20263fe64dd8ff7827ff6b2

Last edited:
Well, I tried luring politico into the rock area, didn't stop him from going and and coming out after me. I tried to run out and stick him in the cave but that didnt work. He followed me all the way to the main exit.
If you're high enough and still have to level, there's many areas of shallows you can draw mobs. Actually MOST of shallows.

Did the devs really say anything about NEW legendarys or is that players reading things into it? They did say new cursed, but I don't remember anything about legendary. And of course the thing about the special boss is cryptic at best.

This does look like a good place to create an instance with just the denizens of the shallows. I saw a couple of non boss 52's but they didnt spawn back and I forgot where they were to stay there. I would think lvl 52 may drop some good loot eventually. I killed them easily.

Last edited:
And you are assuming there is a mystery to solve?

I put it down as a possible clue. It could be just there for possible future use but that seems unlikely as adding it later when it's needed seems just as easy. I don't think it could be there by accident. It's lead me to wonder if there is a hidden quest.
I think people are forgetting that each new area is actually using whole chunks of existing and old maps with whatever is embedded in them. If a dig spot was from the chunk of another cave they lifted, then it would just be there. They don't need to reinvent the game for each 'new' thing they come up with. They don't need to make the dig spot active until there is a reason to do so. Just like the barrels, poly's of mapping are reused. Some textures are reversed or touched up, but I don't believe there's any 'new' texture mapping, designing going on. Nothing wrong with that, just using what you got and maybe only can use. All the models exist. These guys and girls are clever enough to change things up to look different.

And you are assuming there is a mystery to solve?

If they haven't been found by looting (which was implied in the screenshot about the typical looting methods not working), then there has to be someting we solve that unlocks the ability to loot them.

My guess is it could be some sort of an easter egg like in the Call of Duty zombies game mode, you can play the map normally but interacting with the environment leads to a whole storyline playing itself out. Maybe this is someting similar and we need to trigger something on the map somehow.

I think people are forgetting that each new area is actually using whole chunks of existing and old maps with whatever is embedded in them. If a dig spot was from the chunk of another cave they lifted, then it would just be there. They don't need to reinvent the game for each 'new' thing they come up with. They don't need to make the dig spot active until there is a reason to do so. Just like the barrels, poly's of mapping are reused. Some textures are reversed or touched up, but I don't believe there's any 'new' texture mapping, designing going on. Nothing wrong with that, just using what you got and maybe only can use. All the models exist. These guys and girls are clever enough to change things up to look different.
Yes, you could be right about that. Can you point to what was used as a model? I will be tempted to remove the searchable spots from the list if you can and the spots are there just as they are in Forsaken Shallows.

Yes, you could be right about that. Can you point to what was used as a model? I will be tempted to remove the searchable spots from the list if you can and the spots are there just as they are in Forsaken Shallows.
They used the old Tormenta model for Forsaken Shallows, but it seems that they have modified it a bit.

Someone's probably mentioned this, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

I have a suspicion that Tia Dalma probably has some involvement. Read the post & you'll see that one of the treasure hunters says to "take it to her upriver" (which I'm assuming would be referencing Tia Dalma, since she resides in Pantano River in the game) Tia Dalma also had somewhat of a relationship with Davy Jones in the POTC movies, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had some other insight about his crew, his cursed blades & their secrets.

Opens up the possibility (in my opinion anyways) of there being another new questline or some information we haven't picked up on yet.

https://gyazo.com/60d1ac2fa20263fe64dd8ff7827ff6b2
I talked to her and nothing happened I even went to the bar in cuba and talked to every npc and nothing, I'm guessing it really is just another looting technique we have to discover.

Seabeard Shovel.png

After searching around Isla Tormenta I noticed that in the Forsaken Shallows, some enemies (This Seabeard for example) are carrying a shovel for whatever reason. Could this be a clue to the digging spots or just a coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 102430
After searching around Isla Tormenta I noticed that in the Forsaken Shallows, some enemies (This Seabeard for example) are carrying a shovel for whatever reason. Could this be a clue to the digging spots or just a coincidence?
I recall that on old Tormenta some of the enemies were digging, but I could be wrong. The animation seems to just not be working in TLOPO for all enemies currently.

Personally, I do not see that as much of a possibility, but who knows!

I thought I would just throw some ideas out there. I have also thought about fishing. One of the stories mentions throwing a cursed sword overboard. With legendary fish being a thing and fishing being an "unusual" way of looting, what if we fished around Tormenta or Cuba for some clues?

Back