New POTCO Ads

Discussion in 'Pirates of the Caribbean Online' started by John Foulroberts, Apr 21, 2011.

1. John Foulroberts

Admin

Looks like they are finally out advertising again. Saw this on my yahoo page.
    ad.png

It looks like they are in the spirit of On Stranger Tides too.
    If you find any more ads, post em here!

2. Rose Sunslipper

Site Founder

maybe they can take the money they use for the ads and use it to improve the game :O!!

3. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

My point is, they have to have something "extra" to keep the current customers happy (otherwise a lot of us would be tired of the same 'ol game and eventually leave), and something "new" to advertise, not just what we already have right now. Advertising big without something really big to advertise on is really pointless. Disney Potco sometimes 'forgets' the business sense; they need to maintain the faithful customer, not just look for more.

James O'martin, corey, Lexi and 2 others like this.
  4. KatBridgesilver

KatBridgesilver Buccaneer

The banner versions of that ad are all over yahoo too. I agree with Jade. They are being very shortsighted.

James O'martin, Lexi and Matey like this.
  5. Matey

Matey Pirate

yes it is

Lexi likes this.
  6. Lexi

Lexi Pirate

For the loyal people who remain unlimited members month after month they need to offer better service and incentives to remain a member, not only that, Disney is supposed to be about QUALITY - "the best of the best" and lately its been anything but that.

They are promoting the new movie all over the internet, on twitter, on facebook, yahoo, etc.... I wonder how all the people feel that clicked on the ads today and couldn't even sign up? WTG Disney - great first impression.

7. John Foulroberts

Admin

Hmm... wonder what this could mean.

James O'martin likes this.
  8. corey

corey Pirate Lord

it means disney is gonna hopfully release a bunch of awesome stuff. i wish

JadeOHayes and James O'martin like this.
  9. Captain Hi

Captain Hi Pirate Lord

now there are 2 ways this can go they can lie or they can do what they instanced in the riddle

the lying would only mean having some players stay to see what they think will happen only to leave after months of nothing happening and then when players start leaving they will finally add it

doing what they said is what they should do but if it is not done right they might as well leave it
    and on a side note i think the whole new ship thing may have just been a way to keep player interested and waiting because it was obviously not done and would make no sense for someone to release

10. Kate Goldwalker

Kate Goldwalker Fairy Tail Girl

11. JohnnyDaPirate

Wiki Staff

The ad is actually pretty cool:D

12. LEO

LEO
    Site Founder

The game needs ads to get new customers. They cannot just rely in players who tell friends to play. The problem with new updates in the game has been that every time they add something new, Its too short or too easy... They need to learn from other MMORPG to keep an update interesting over a long period of time by being more creative, less repetitive, more difficult(depending on levels), longer to finish and end it with a great reward!

Ps: I barely seen any pirates online ads in the major sites.

13. Tom O'fury

Tom O'fury Notorious Pirate

I do think Disney is finally leading towards the new chapter or a huge update. I mean we did just get the new weapons and thats been fun. I've heard of people finding new phase files on test and leaks on test as well. Perhaps they are waiting till May to release ships, new quests and anything else. They might be planning for a huge update to go along with the huge movie. Only time shall tell. I believe that us long time pirates should be offering support not begging for more all the time. I've never bashed Disney about updates or anything before and i don't plan on it ever. You never know with Disney. The parks were a huge secret before they were opened. Disney likes big bangs.

14. Captain Hi

Captain Hi Pirate Lord

notice the lack of servers now its because the player base has gone down alot so that is why they need so many adds and for the rest of the stuff u said:iagree: needs more content and a new story quest that follows up us rescuing the black pearl

James O'martin likes this.
  15. Bad

Bad
    Admin

Found another.
    [​IMG]

16. Will Nightwolf

Will Nightwolf Legendary Pirate
    Site Founder

I wonder if potco would pay me to tattoo their logo on me and pass out a few flyers?

Red River Raven likes this.
  17. John Foulroberts

Admin

Aye, I remember every one of the A servers were full back then, now its just Abassa and Andaba...

18. Captain Hi

Captain Hi Pirate Lord

actually andaba isnt always full but abassa is hard to get on but yea i remember those days i miss my skeleton shiphead why did they have to take it away:rumgone:

19. John Foulroberts

Admin

OMG I loved that figurehead! WHY did they take it off! It seems they always take things off because people have bad computers/graphics cards and can't display it... WHAT ABOUT US WITH GOOD COMPUTERS?!

20. Captain Hi

Captain Hi Pirate Lord

r.i.p. i loved it too and a friend of mine on the game named his bob they need to add the figureheads back especially now because many people have better computers than when they started i hate when they remove the good things:mad: