New Queue Login System

Retiarii

Dockworker
Now I could be wrong here, but I think for a lot of people the playtime system would work a lot better than a queue system. I speak for those who have busy lives and don't have time to sit and wait in a queue when the wish to play. It would be much easier for someone to pick a playtime around their day schedule.

Question about the queue - So when I sign in and see that I'm #249 in queue, does that mean I should stay logged in and wait? If I go out and come back, will I still be moving up the in queue or will I have lost my position and be given a new number?

Now I could be wrong here, but I think for a lot of people the playtime system would work a lot better than a queue system. I speak for those who have busy lives and don't have time to sit and wait in a queue when the wish to play. It would be much easier for someone to pick a playtime around their day schedule.

I have to completely agree.
While I haven't been waiting for hours, I've been sitting here for more than half an hour. It's not the end of the world or anything but, my god why?
I really don't know why they've implemented this system, the playtime was working extremely well in my view and just like you said above, we have busy lives.
I don't know how many slots they have open for this new queue system but I definitely don't think it's enough. At first it said, #206. Then it dropped to #163 and #54 now #33. Okay fair enough. But once it seems like you're gonna be able to get a spot. You sit and wait...and wait...and wait... as it goes by one by one. Just ridiculous.
Maybe in the middle of the night the queue system would work a lot better since there's not as many people playing the game as there are now but in the middle of the day, this system infuriates me.

I hate having to rant on this so much. TLOPO seemed to go in the right direction when you compare to the only other successful relaunch of a Disney game and that's Toontown Rewritten. They had their play time and when it came time when they could actually hold as many people as they want, they let everyone come in whenever and no one had to wait. Simple as it seems.
TLOPO was doing something great, now I just feel like the ball is dropped until they actually allow more people online at once.

Now correct me if i'm wrong but, if you have to do this in order to test how many people you can actually have on at once, fair enough. I understand that.

However, when it came to the playtime system; if it ain't broke...don't fix it.

EDIT (copy and paste):

1. Might as well make an update to my previous controversial posts...

... A week literally went and my optimistic expectations about the new system have exceeded :)
    I was able to get in today, same hour as last week, within 10 minutes. Being able to login immediately during the nightly hours is such a huge bonus too.

Ty devs. Sorry being so inpatient and ignorant pirate ^^

Last edited:
At first it said, #206. Then it dropped to #163 and #54 now #33

This system is quite literally a few hours old...........

It isnt anywhere near perfect.

Yes, I hear that you've been on queue for 30 minutes, but it is day one. Wait times will drastically decrease in due time.

I'm sure with servers just coming up the queue is a bit worse now than it would be on an average day. With it being the weekend even moreso, but I did see a lot of value in the time slot vs the queue system. Obviously the queue system is very new and could very likely have some bugs(like everything else). I'd love to see some sort of ETA and possibly leave the queue in, but allow x amount of people to still reserve time slots if they'd like (so that people with tight schedules could still play the game on weekends on things like that.)

Question about the queue - So when I sign in and see that I'm #249 in queue, does that mean I should stay logged in and wait? If I go out and come back, will I still be moving up the in queue or will I have lost my position and be given a new number?

So I guess I just answered my own question. First queuing, #249; second time I checked back, #242; third time #343. So apparently, you have to stay online in order to move up in the queue.

I'm queue pos #337 right now, and it hasn't changed in 10 minutes. I sadly don't have time to wait this afternoon. I'm sure things will get better in time, but I preferred the play time option. It was something to look forward to during the day, and then I knew I would definitely get to play (unless there were an update "outage"). :)

I can't wait for the system to be refined. Difficult to play now, but I'm sure it'll get better once people's 3 hour slots actually expire.

So I guess I just answered my own question. First queuing, #249; second time I checked back, #242; third time #343. So apparently, you have to stay online in order to move up in the queue.
That makes sense, as it said in the updates "First come first serve"

Yes, I hear that you've been on queue for 30 minutes, but it is day one. Wait times will drastically decrease in due time.

You're right. I should be patient. I just don't like it when things aren't broken yet they've become 'fixed'
And when I started to post the random jumps in queue, it's a good thing! Going from #200 to #33 is great actually.

I'm just hoping I can get a dev to confirm that they are INDEED testing out how many people they can have at one time. That would make great sense.
Personally I would just increase the amount of slots for each play hour and see what happens but hey, I'm just a user so i'll shut up for now...

While I agree with you that the system is probably far from perfect, I did expect more as mentioned in this thread such as an ETA or something similar. I've been sitting around position #200 for almost an hour now and I'm going to estimate I won't get my 3 hour time slot for another hour roughly, at which point I will only have about an hour more to actually play the game. So this being said I will have spent 2/3 hours waiting to even log in where as with the playtime system I can set a time for after I get home from work play and move on.

I'm sure with servers just coming up the queue is a bit worse now than it would be on an average day. With it being the weekend even moreso, but I did see a lot of value in the time slot vs the queue system. Obviously the queue system is very new and could very likely have some bugs(like everything else). I'd love to see some sort of ETA and possibly leave the queue in, but allow x amount of people to still reserve time slots if they'd like (so that people with tight schedules could still play the game on weekends on things like that.)
Wow you're shooting for the middle ground...!
In all seriousness, that would make it almost perfect. I do see the value like I said above, there's aren't many people online at night than there are today or like you said, the weekend.
While it's only day one, I don't see any bugs in it at all. The queue system is doing what it's designed to do, and that's the problem in my view.
But i'm gonna be patient ^^

While I agree with you that the system is probably far from perfect, I did expect more as mentioned in this thread such as an ETA or something similar. I've been sitting around position #200 for almost an hour now and I'm going to estimate I won't get my 3 hour time slot for another hour roughly, at which point I will only have about an hour more to actually play the game. So this being said I will have spent 2/3 hours waiting to even log in where as with the playtime system I can set a time for after I get home from work play and move on.
There's some fine tuning needed to be done. Be patient, they're remaking a game we all love at their own cost! Let's just wait and see how the system progresses and eventually hopefully will bring us to open beta!

Frankly I hate this system since the capacity of the server is limited. Before, I knew I would be available in the morning to play and not at all the rest of the day. Now I may have exactly 3 hours available to play and now I have to wait 1-2 hours just to get in when I could have reserved the time before? Sorry I don't like it.

Frankly I hate this system since the capacity of the server is limited. Before, I knew I would be available in the morning to play and not at all the rest of the day. Now I may have exactly 3 hours available to play and now I have to wait 1-2 hours just to get in when I could have reserved the time before? Sorry I don't like it.
Remember it's a very new system! Try to give it a chance!

Not to mention if you are #200 and above, people who play this game atm are likely going to play for at least 2 hours of the 3 hours allowed. This alone means a minimum time required to jump up in the line.

I understand that the queue is new and there will be imperfections, but I have been waiting in the queue for an hour now and I'm only #78. I think having the queue is a good idea, but not for people with busy lives. Most people wont be able to wait 1-2 hours so they could play. I think there should be queues and playtimes because when I come back home from work I would just want to sit down and play at a time that is convenient, I would rather not have to wait an hour until I could get into the game.

Edit: Now the game has gone down for an update. An hour wasted in the queue.

I can understand that it is a new system and may end up working over time, but these types of systems require large capacities for players to play or more servers to be able to jump into. Otherwise you have a line of 500 people waiting to play.

I understand that the queue is new and there will be imperfections, but I have been waiting in the queue for an hour now and I'm only #78. I think having the queue is a good idea, but not for people with busy lives. Most people wont be able to wait 1-2 hours so they could play. I think there should be queues and playtimes because when I come back home from work I would just want to sit down and play at a time that is convenient, I would rather not have to wait an hour until I could get into the game.

Edit: Now the game has gone down for an update. An hour wasted in the queue.
I see your frustration and it really does stink, especially when they take it down for an update.

I assume you haven't played an early access game before. Commonly, issues occur and things aren't perfect. Try to be patient and give the amazing developers and staff of TLOPO a chance :)

Back