Pirates of the Caribbean Online Infinite Official Thread

So I now have another question. Will you guys be making a Indie go fundraiser for the game? I have a feeling that you guys would make lots of money to keep the server up. I think we can all agree that people WILL donate to you guys. Even though Disney said no profit, it doesn't count if you guys are making a fundraiser for the game. Also just in case, you could donate extra money that you guys don't need to charity organizations like The Wounded Warrior Project. I personally would choose that one. This not just shows that you guys care, but also that Disney won't get into you guys personal business.
Hey man, sorry for replying to this so later after you posted was just really busy. In light of your question about the fundraiser, currently we have not talked about it as a team. I have absolutely no problems with creating a fundraiser and donating it all to The Wounded Warrior Project or other charities.

We're just not sure if it would be a good idea in the terms of Disney and people already questioning whether or not they will kick us off for copyright. If we could get a confirmation that the charity donation fundraiser would be OK, then yes, I would definitely bring it up with the staff and encourage them to do it.

As you all know @Atlas makes all the final decisions w/ our game, so it would have to be his choice. But, when I talk to him next and find out, I'll give you guys an answer :) Hope this helps.

Well the thing is about copyright with disney is well I read an article about another remake and they said as long as they make no money off of it they are fine with copyright. So the fundraiser thing might not be good. I wish we all could donate but Disney said no. I will try to find that link later. I'm currently busy so sorry guys.

Well the thing is about copyright with disney is well I read an article about another remake and they said as long as they make no money off of it they are fine with copyright. So the fundraiser thing might not be good. I wish we all could donate but Disney said no. I will try to find that link later. I'm currently busy so sorry guys.
Yeah, even donations will drive Disney crazy and cause them to sue.

As you all know @Atlas makes all the final decisions w/ our game, so it would have to be his choice. But, when I talk to him next and find out, I'll give you guys an answer :) Hope this helps.
(Note: this point I write below is not directed at you, @Hopsicle).

Since POTCO's closure, the biggest issue in this community's own past has been the subsequent breakdown and FAILURE revolving around ineffective (development) "communication."

I am sorry but, I do have this inner-gut feeling that POI is already having issues surrounding communication within it's own development staff. In addition to this concern of my own, the tidbits of communication which have occurred are basically reliant upon the motivation of POI's main developer. To note, this has occurred before within the community (meaning that communication 'bottle-necking' has proven to be entirely ineffective)!

QUESTION: If issues of communication continue to arise, what actions will POI likely take then to assure that both the needs and the wants of the ex-POTCO community will always be priority #1 for POI?

Who was "MIA"?
Another Emulator hasn't been updating for quiet a while now.
What is the status of the game? Any news on its release? If you guys need some help, I can be a potential Developer.
@Zackyfeets told them earlier that he wanted to be a developer for them. Now since they haven't updated for awhile, I asked him to come over to POTCOI, since you guys need another developer. So that is what I meant by MIA (Missing in Action)

I could be wrong but I think the community is getting sort of restless. It is not that the development team are liars or anything, but people want to see actual progress happening in order to believe it. Many of the POTCO community has had it's experience with "the game that shall not be named" and how it kept leading us on with "updates" which in end, were not true. Maybe 1 or 2 pictures would ease the community, and not just of "make a pirate" or the login screen... like actual in game content.

Thanks

I could be wrong but I think the community is getting sort of restless. It is not that the development team are liars or anything, but people want to see actual progress happening in order to believe it. Many of the POTCO community has had it's experience with "the game that shall not be named" and how it kept leading us on with "updates" which in end, were not true. Maybe 1 or 2 pictures would ease the community, and not just of "make a pirate" or the login screen... like actual in game content.

Thanks
^ ^^^^ ^ ^^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^^ ^ ^

Back