Pirates of the Great Abyss

Would you like to see this game in development?

• Yes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
To respond to this thread, I agree with @John Foulroberts in the aspect that more projects won't help the over all goal of remaking POTCO.

However, I also see it very illogical to spend hours, days, months or even years. Remaking a game for our fantastic community and focused more on moving our community to a more singular online MMO. Just think of how many members of the forums have grown sick of hearing (Working on this and that) Rather then hearing the amazing tells and stories, now memories of POTCO.

The game was not that great, the community and what it inspired was great... I still have not lost sight of what the community lost that it needs, and I assure you.

It was not the game...

To respond to this thread, I agree with @John Foulroberts in the aspect that more projects won't help the over all goal of remaking POTCO.

However, I also see it very illogical to spend hours, days, months or even years. Remaking a game for our fantastic community and focused more on moving our community to a more singular online MMO. Just think of how many members of the forums have grown sick of hearing (Working on this and that) Rather then hearing the amazing tells and stories, now memories of POTCO.

The game was not that great, the community and what it inspired was great... I still have not lost sight of what the community lost that it needs, and I assure you.

It was not the game...

I assure you that i'm not doing it fully for the community either.
I'm mainly doing it for the game itself. The game was great. If you haven't seen my video's, or read any of the information I have given you, then you would see that the only way the community would be connected is if they decide to connect each other themselves. The only way pirates will have contact with each other is through our forums.

This is not a giant server for everyone to come and join in on. This is PotCo on an Private server, you may share your plug-in info if you wish to join other players, but this game is just the game. I know you miss looting Charles, and if I recall you tried to help bring back PotCo through the project another remake. We worked together. So don't tell me you don;t miss it. You are just telling yourself that so you don't miss it. I guarantee once a game is up, you will be playing everyday just like you used to.

The community lost something, you are right, it's hope. Everyone here has lost hope. Everyone will continue to put this project down, but I assure you that I'm not giving up. We will have it back, TloPo is doing a good job at showing us that. You cannot deny that this game was a game that has not been matched, and was one of the greatest games you have ever played.

All I'm asking is that you believe in the project. I don't plan to quit, and I refuse to give up. I'm telling you all about it, I don't care if you all don't want to play it because either way, I will.

View attachment 64684

Ahoy, fellow pirates!

I have seen thousands of PotCO remakes out there, and I must say that they are looking good so far. So I figured, why not. I'm going to start my own version of PotCO. So far all I have is graphics, and I am going to be gone very soon. So before I am to leave I want to set up a team. Get any of the remaining developers in on this adventure, and hopefully have a team before I have vanished for 4 months. So for starters the name of the gaming company is Hyland Gaming. We are a group of individuals set out to recreate potco and only potco. The name of the game if you have not noticed the logo above is Pirates of the Great Abyss. We are a potco remake also set out to add new additions to the game in the very future such as islands, new enemies, adding new weapons, and even putting in new ships. Yes all of the original movie characters and names of various islands will be changed due to legal actions, and the game will be 100% free to play. We will not accept donations of any kind, and do not have any desire to make profit whatsoever. All I care about is playing the game again, and I know a lot of you feel the same way. So lets get our game back and lets play till we are completely happy with where we left our legends.

A forums will be available in November, and shortly After so will a website.

We have a Youtube Channel: to check out any progress, or news visit this url:
Click Here.

Do I think it was wise to wait so long before I brought up this project, not really. But I just wanted to see who all would be Interested in playing on my version of Pirates Online. If anyone here has any experience with Python, Panda 3D, Photoshop, or even with Astron Server, and are Interested in this project please let me know in a PM. Thank you so much for your time, and I am looking forward to meeting you very soon.

Stay Savvy,
MysticalFish​
um. lol.

Look I'm gonna be completely honest with you. Your reasons for starting up another remake are really unclear and don't entirely make sense.

But here's what I got out of it: You want your game back, but you don't believe that anyone else trying to recreate it will succeed, as they'll get tired of trying. But I'm not even sure that's what you're trying to say...

So my question for you is this; what makes you think that your project will actually succeed, that it won't fail the same way you believe the others will, that it'll outlast everyone else's? And again, why not just increase the chance of getting your game back by helping the already existing projects (particularly The Legend of Pirates Online)?

It all around seems pointless, and I'm not seeing any clear or legitimate reason to throw out another project. Everyone's throwing all these online pirate games out there like a flower girl at a wedding...just unite and get it done already, ight?

Last edited:
Look I'm gonna be completely honest with you. Your reasons for starting up another remake are really unclear and don't entirely make sense.

But here's what I got out of it: You want your game back, but you don't believe that anyone else trying to recreate it will succeed, as they'll get tired of trying. But I'm not even sure that's what you're trying to say...

So my question for you is this; what makes you think that your project will actually succeed, that it won't fail the same way you believe the others will, that it'll outlast everyone else's? And again, why not just increase the chance of getting your game back by helping the already existing projects (particularly The Legend of Pirates Online)?

It all around seems pointless, and I'm not seeing any clear or legitimate reason to throw out another project. Everyone's throwing all these online pirate games out there like a flower girl at a wedding...just unite and get it done already, ight?
I agree with this completely. However, still stand by just moving to a singular MMO rather then spending months or years working on a old game.

I've already found one that I have made my home. The Lord Of the Rings Online :p Lovely community and amazing players <3
See, this solution only works if you're a gamer, and if you're open to any genre.

Now me, I hate Lord of the Rings in every way, shape, and form. Really, I played PotCO because back then I loved the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and still do, just not on the same level. I played that one MMO game because I loved every aspect of it. Never even complained about the graphics.

See, I'm not a gamer. I spend my day playing sports and hanging with my friends. I just loved playing PotCO, and would still enjoy it. I can wait until a successful remake comes out.

See, this solution only works if you're a gamer, and if you're open to any genre.

Now me, I hate Lord of the Rings in every way, shape, and form. Really, I played PotCO because back then I loved the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and still do, just not on the same level. I played that one MMO game because I loved every aspect of it. Never even complained about the graphics.

See, I'm not a gamer. I spend my day playing sports and hanging with my friends. I just loved playing PotCO, and would still enjoy it. I can wait until a successful remake comes out.
Well, not saying the game was not the best. I'm just saying nobody is going to wait another 2-5 years for it. Or longer...

I'm on a similar boat as Charles. I loved potco, I would occasionally play if it was recreated, but I've moved on to bigger and better. I love a lot of people in this community, hence why I stay on the forums, but I would not ever cancel my star wars membership to have unlimited access again.

I'm on a similar boat as Charles. I loved potco, I would occasionally play if it was recreated, but I've moved on to bigger and better. I love a lot of people in this community, hence why I stay on the forums, but I would not ever cancel my star wars membership to have unlimited access again.
You could always give it to my you know...

I agree with what John said, why keep on making new remakes?

My message is highly unclear, It's hard to tell you people what it actually is, because nobody will understand that its a private server. I didn't get accepted into TLoPO because I don't know how to do jack squat. I can do photoshop, I worked hard on it. I'm going to college for game development. I plan to learn everything about it. I plan to take this project on, and I do plan to do it with or without the support of the community. The Game is not a Multiplayer, it's more of a single player. Your own offline version so that you can play whenever you want to play. I'm sorry my messages are unclear. Too much negative and not enough positive. See the problem with all the projects is that everyone wants to play the games again, but nobody wants to teach anyone. I was a part of another remake. I made a landwalker, just me and one other person, we worked for weeks. Figured a lot of it out, and still got farther than anything so far. Our Customer Support Guy took a bigger interest and caught on faster than a lot of us. Now he is a developer for "The Legend of Pirates Online", They got source code and are building off of all the missing pieces of the puzzle. They are lucky, and I'm proud of them. Congradulations. I plan to code it myself. It'll take me a long time, but I do plan to do something cool with it and who knows, maybe a lot of new content will come out as well. I used to 3D Model, I could figure some things out. I haven't actually coded a game in 2 years, and thats when my friend from school was teaching me how to code, and we made a 1st person shooter. My cousin took an interest in python coding and used it to steal a bunch of account thats I still get blamed for to this day.( @Shamus The Brute ) I'm tired of everyone putting me down..

My message is highly unclear, It's hard to tell you people what it actually is, because nobody will understand that its a private server. I didn't get accepted into TLoPO because I don't know how to do jack squat. I can do photoshop, I worked hard on it. I'm going to college for game development. I plan to learn everything about it. I plan to take this project on, and I do plan to do it with or without the support of the community. The Game is not a Multiplayer, it's more of a single player. Your own offline version so that you can play whenever you want to play. I'm sorry my messages are unclear. Too much negative and not enough positive. See the problem with all the projects is that everyone wants to play the games again, but nobody wants to teach anyone. I was a part of another remake. I made a landwalker, just me and one other person, we worked for weeks. Figured a lot of it out, and still got farther than anything so far. Our Customer Support Guy took a bigger interest and caught on faster than a lot of us. Now he is a developer for "The Legend of Pirates Online", They got source code and are building off of all the missing pieces of the puzzle. They are lucky, and I'm proud of them. Congradulations. I plan to code it myself. It'll take me a long time, but I do plan to do something cool with it and who knows, maybe a lot of new content will come out as well. I used to 3D Model, I could figure some things out. I haven't actually coded a game in 2 years, and thats when my friend from school was teaching me how to code, and we made a 1st person shooter. My cousin took an interest in python coding and used it to steal a bunch of account thats I still get blamed for to this day.( @Shamus The Brute ) I'm tired of everyone putting me down..
So your basically going to throw away years of going to school for gaming to re-create a game that Disney abandoned almost 3 years ago for the sake of a community which have mostly moved on? I'm not trying to be mean.... I am simply saying you should not waste your time on us and go for something you enjoy and can do with others. : ( The past is the past and will only create more pain with "If POTCO was still out" you should be looking forward to new games and joining the future gaming and taking our old amazing community with it. THAT'S what I am trying to say. Get out of the programming shallow hole and come join LOTRO or SWTOR or even WOW. Heck, go play some Mindcraft xD <3

You're honestly not making any sense. "The problem with the projects is that everyone wants to play, but nobody wants to teach."

What?

No, the only problem is that everyone wants to lead in recreating the game, but nobody wants to be a part of a team. Just like in basketball. I see so many guys (particularly point guards) who want to be the superstar on the team and score all the points, but they aren't skilled or talented enough to do it to begin with, usually, and they don't understand all the other important aspects or the whole point of a team. Teamwork is what makes things happen. Even Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player ever, needed a team to do what the 90s Chicago Bulls did.
So what I'm saying is that our problem is that nobody wants to join together as a team and accomplish the goal together. Teamwork accomplishes goals. Teamwork and determination.

Look I get you with the whole "I'll succeed because I'll never give up" kinda thing you've got going on, because I have the same exact mindset. But you're missing the point.

The human race has accomplished everything we have through some form - big or small - of teamwork. Stop trying to bring out more remake projects AND JUST WORK TOGETHER.

Back