Pirates of the Great Abyss

Would you like to see this game in development?

• Yes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
Well, not saying the game was not the best. I'm just saying nobody is going to wait another 2-5 years for it. Or longer...
I know I don't speak for the community here, but I, for one, am willing to wait as long as I have to in order to play POTCO once again. Granted, POTCO isn't the game I'd give my heart and soul to have remade, it's #2 on that list of mine, but the Pirates community is the best community I've ever been a part of, or even stumbled upon.

In regards to the remakes, all they need to do is band together, like the Brethren. Once that happens, they'll be able to accomplish more than any of us have ever dreamed. We have all these brilliant minds here, working separately on their own projects, nit-picking at whatever they see the need to. It's all for naught, and until they realize that, we won't get the game we all miss.

I know I don't post as much as I should, but that doesn't mean I'm not part of the community, this goes for the others, like me, who aren't "actively engaged in the threads/discussions", who sit silently behind our computer screens, reminiscing about the old days as a Pirate, sailing, fighting, hanging out on the beaches of Tortuga. All of us, the unheard, unspoken voices, are here as well, waiting patiently, hoping for the sliver of chances, the silver lining, that will be the rebirth of POTCO.

Once everyone bands together, everything will fall into place.

You're honestly not making any sense. "The problem with the projects is that everyone wants to play, but nobody wants to teach."

What?
I am saying that I want to learn more, but nobody want's to teach me, every project that came out and failed, knew nothing. Also I'm pretty sure you're that kid that was in the "Pirates of the High Seas" forums, telling everyone they was a nerd for playing that game, but you wasn't a nerd because you play basketball? how does that make sense.. Get a life, you claim you have one. But Honestly I don't think you do.
No, the only problem is that everyone wants to lead in recreating the game, but nobody wants to be a part of a team. Just like in basketball. I see so many guys (particularly point guards) who want to be the superstar on the team and score all the points, but they aren't skilled or talented enough to do it to begin with, usually, and they don't understand all the other important aspects or the whole point of a team. Teamwork is what makes things happen. Even Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player ever, needed a team to do what the 90s Chicago Bulls did.
So what I'm saying is that our problem is that nobody wants to join together as a team and accomplish the goal together. Teamwork accomplishes goals. Teamwork and determination.
Good, but also if you played football, your coaches would tell you that everyone is to own up to the leadership. I'm not trying to lead jack squat. I'm trying to get my game back.

So your basically going to throw away years of going to school for gaming to re-create a game that Disney abandoned almost 3 years ago for the sake of a community which have mostly moved on? I'm not trying to be mean.... I am simply saying you should not waste your time on us and go for something you enjoy and can do with others. : (
I'm not wasting my time. Trust me, I'm not doing it for the whole community, I'm doing it to have the game, incase the game gives up again. If it's gone again, the we have a fallback. Not that Lotro game, I played it and it made no sense to me. I couldn't get back into it. All I know is potco, I don't quit because you did.

The human race has accomplished everything we have through some form - big or small - of teamwork. Stop trying to bring out more remake projects AND JUST WORK TOGETHER.
Work on sticking with basketball, stop trying to rub something in people's faces. We don't care about basketball here.

I'm not wasting my time. Trust me, I'm not doing it for the whole community, I'm doing it to have the game, incase the game gives up again. If it's gone again, the we have a fallback. Not that Lotro game, I played it and it made no sense to me. I couldn't get back into it. All I know is potco, I don't quit because you did.
Sigh... Well I give up on reasoning with you. In time you'll learn and you will heed my words of wisdom. :/

I am saying that I want to learn more, but nobody want's to teach me, every project that came out and failed, knew nothing. Also I'm pretty sure you're that kid that was in the "Pirates of the High Seas" forums, telling everyone they was a nerd for playing that game, but you wasn't a nerd because you play basketball? how does that make sense.. Get a life, you claim you have one. But Honestly I don't think you do.

Good, but also if you played football, your coaches would tell you that everyone is to own up to the leadership. I'm not trying to lead jack squat. I'm trying to get my game back.

Work on sticking with basketball, stop trying to rub something in people's faces. We don't care about basketball here.
:( I wasn't trying to rub anything in anyone's face...I just tried using basketball as an analogy, with it being something I'm familiar with, and that my philosophy was that teamwork gets things accomplished...

Sorry for voicing my opinion. I'll leave you alone now. I'm not gonna start an argument.

:( I wasn't trying to rub anything in anyone's face...I just tried using basketball as an analogy, with it being something I'm familiar with, and that my philosophy was that teamwork gets things accomplished...

Sorry for voicing my opinion. I'll leave you alone now. I'm not gonna start an argument.
"I'll respect your opinion, as long as your opinion respects my existence." Your opinion is respectful, mate. Don't be discouraged, don't think that you should have to be wary of expressing it ever again, think the opposite! Your opinion matters, it shows how important teamwork really is.

@MysticalFish, sir, I mean this in the nicest of ways, but no matter how I word it, it will most likely come off as a bit rude:
Your opinion/bashing is rude and disrespectful. I'm trying to stay out of this argument, but I felt the need to point it out. Please, be mindful and respectful, savvy?

"I'll respect your opinion, as long as your opinion respects my existence." Your opinion is respectful, mate. Don't be discouraged, don't think that you should have to be wary of expressing it ever again, think the opposite! Your opinion matters, it shows how important teamwork really is.

@MysticalFish, sir, I mean this in the nicest of ways, but no matter how I word it, it will most likely come off as a bit rude:
Your opinion/bashing is rude and disrespectful. I'm trying to stay out of this argument, but I felt the need to point it out. Please, be mindful and respectful, savvy?
Thats the most polite "confrontation" I guess I've ever seen

Well then in that case, I apologize for saying that none of the reasons I've found make sense. I don't doubt that one could take offense to that. However, while I may apologize for the possibility that I offended Mystical Fish, I still believe in what I said; that the reasons don't make sense and that teamwork is the key to accomplishing a difficult goal. Because, let's face it, recreating an old online game isn't easy. The more people who help out, the better. The more segregated and divided a group of people is, the worse the end result.

A quote I heard from Michael Jordan, at least I believe it was him, was that, "Talent and skill wins games, but teamwork wins championships."
With that said, if we were to apply it in terms of bringing back the game we all know and love...

Well then in that case, I apologize for saying that none of the reasons I've found make sense. I don't doubt that one could take offense to that. However, while I may apologize for the possibility that I offended Mystical Fish, I still believe in what I said; that the reasons don't make sense and that teamwork is the key to accomplishing a difficult goal. Because, let's face it, recreating an old online game isn't easy. The more people who help out, the better. The more segregated and divided a group of people is, the worse the end result.

A quote I heard from Michael Jordan, at least I believe it was him, was that, "Talent and skill wins games, but teamwork wins championships."
With that said, if we were to apply it in terms of bringing back the game we all know and love...
"A House divided against itself will not stand." Aye, mate, the developers must unite in order to bring POTCO back from the Abyss.

I'm not gonna read all the pages in this thread because it will probably evolve to arguments and how this ''project'' is better than the others or how the ''devs'' and whomever is behind it has more chances to succeed than the others, etc etc etc... so only read the first one. I'm sorry if this sounds negative or downright pessimistic, I agree with what @John Foulroberts said, as I have repeated myself before from time to time and also @JohnnyDaPirate . I know encouraging people is always for the best, but the way things are going now discouraging is a better option. :sigh:

**edited

Last edited:
I think all the devs for the different PoTCO revivals should band together to remake the game, more people means less work for each person, having a full team would cut development time in half, and would allow for the creation of a better game. Just my thought though.
I wholeheartedly agree! I WANT/NEED my POTCO back!!! Please SOMEONE make that happen! Stop splitting off to different "factions" and merge together to get this game out once and for all! Please! It's been almost 2 years since we have all enjoyed running around Port Royal, it's time to put away our pettiness and merge as one new revival please please please. So much time has been wasted on other "remakes". I just so desperately want to log in and play the ol' game again as I'm sure everyone here wants. yes???

I wholeheartedly agree! I WANT/NEED my POTCO back!!! Please SOMEONE make that happen! Stop splitting off to different "factions" and merge together to get this game out once and for all! Please! It's been almost 2 years since we have all enjoyed running around Port Royal, it's time to put away our pettiness and merge as one new revival please please please. So much time has been wasted on other "remakes". I just so desperately want to log in and play the ol' game again as I'm sure everyone here wants. yes???
Yesss!

This may be a good time to recap just how many active confirmed POTCO remake efforts are currently in progress. Maybe the perception of that number is larger than what's actually being worked now?

This may be a good time to recap just how many active confirmed POTCO remake efforts are currently in progress. Maybe the perception of that number is larger than what's actually being worked now?
My thoughts exactly. Besides you guys at TLOPO, what other projects are there now? I mean, before the merge there was another remake, but that was it. Yeah, there was 4 or so other projects that started up, but they quickly shutdown. Look at Pirates House.

There's TLOPO, Black Flag Online (which doesn't seem to be a Potco remake but a new game entirely (which I'm all for, less risk of Disney getting a bee in their bonnet.) There's a few others which are listed on this site somewhere, plus Rare is making that Sea of Thieves game (very excited for that.)

That's why I included the qualifier *active confirmed* POTCO remakes. BFO is not remaking POTCO, they are doing their own thing. Sea of Thieves has nothing to do with POTCO. And you're right there have been a string of remakes that have come and gone the last few months (or weren't legit in the first place).

So, other than TLOPO, who else is there currently?

Back