Pirates Online is Now Closed - FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i finally got a response from disney heres what they said (note that in every other email it clearly states pirates online is now closed and what this email is telling me is that they are listening)
"Thank you for your interest in Pirates Online. Unfortunately, our company’s long-established policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries. Our intention is to avoid misunderstandings when projects are created internally which might be similar to submissions made to us from outside the company.
We recognize that this policy is sometimes a difficult one as when someone like yourself, with all the best intentions, would simply like us to consider your creative ideas. Experience has taught us though that if we abandon our policy for one person, we will soon have no policy at all.
We hope that you will understand our policy. Please be assured; however, of our appreciation for your interest in writing."me thinks me prayers may finally be being anwsered :)

Last edited by a moderator:
me thinks me prayers may finally be being anwsered :)
In what way? The answer they gave you within that email was just a way for them to say that there are legal implications that may result if there were to ever use ideas and/or suggestions from someone "outside" of the company. In other words, they seek to protect themselves from a public mishap which could led to someone taking legal action against them.

In what way? The answer they gave you within that email was just a way for them to say that there are legal implications that may result if there were to ever use ideas and/or suggestions from someone "outside" of the company. In other words, they seek to protect themselves from a public mishap which could led to someone taking legal action against them.

because im not worried about all that what they didnt say was that the game is closed and that at least they are getting my messages which means their not completely blowing us off i dont particularly care if they use my ideas if they do relaunch the game i was just trying to get their attention.

because im not worried about all that what they didnt say was that the game is closed and that at least they are getting my messages which means their not completely blowing us off i dont particularly care if they use my ideas if they do relaunch the game i was just trying to get their attention.
I certainly can appreciate the HOPE ye are still holding tightly onto to but, contrary to the lack of declaration within the message you had received all evidence points to the fact that Disney has "closed" POTCO and they have done so because they have shifted their priorities to different projects: http://piratesonline.go.com/

Just to be clear, are you supporting the idea that the closing of POTCO is just temporary? If so, why would they seek to return back to POTCO when they haven't tried to keep the line of communication open to a now split, POTCO community? I would think if they valued us as players differently than the way we were treated that they would have reached out to us in a way differently than how they did.

Let's say that even if POTCO would return back (hypothetically speaking), I doubt that many players would stay as committed as they had because our "trust" in Disney was damaged to the point now to where many of us understand that our loyalty to a Disney product meant little to nothing to them.

I certainly can appreciate the HOPE ye are still holding tightly onto to but, contrary to the lack of declaration within the message you had received all evidence points to the fact that Disney has "closed" POTCO and they have done so because they have shifted their priorities to different projects: http://piratesonline.go.com/

Just to be clear, are you supporting the idea that the closing of POTCO is just temporary? If so, why would they seek to return back to POTCO when they haven't tried to keep the line of communication open to a now split, POTCO community? I would think if they valued us as players differently than the way we were treated that they would have reached out to us in a way differently than how they did.

Let's say that even if POTCO would return back (hypothetically speaking), I doubt that many players would stay as committed as they had because our "trust" in Disney was damaged to the point now to where many of us understand that our loyalty to a Disney product meant little to nothing to them.

I sympathize with your concerns Shamus, but let me share you my point of view.

Yes I do believe that the game might return for many reasons. Apparently the game had many problems (Speaking of bugs, glitches, hackers and so on.) so it would be technically impossible just to shut down the game "temporally" for maintenance in order to fix all these. Hacking was the most serious problem which POTCO faced. Αs result of, some people took advantage of DIMG's careless and started to mess up not only with game, even with forums. Previously we faced an attack from "these people", in other words a form of hack! (https://piratesforums.co/threads/virus-warning.6511/). Since the developers were unable to deal with the situation, they let down a game with future. And admit it, we all have dreamed about something we would want to add in the game. Here is the strange part of the whole plot. The forthcoming POTC movie (Dead Men Tell No Tales) was delayed to 2016, then the official website is up again. Some of you said it happened due to copyrights; I do not really think so because the rest games (Toontown and Pixie Hollow) websites are closed or apperead as HTML page. (http://toontown.go.com/ , http://fairies.disney.com/pixie-hollow-faq) Only POTCO's site appears normally and for me that's very strange and suspicious.

So yes, some of us might have lost our trust when it comes to the name "DISNEY" but let me remind you that if it was not for them, we would not be here today, we would not meet so many people. For most of us, this game changed our lives, our personalities, the way we thing, EVERYTHING. So even if they failed to keep the adventure alive, they brought us closer, we made many new friends, important people that we will never forget and so on.

After all, it is not bad hoping! ;)

The greatest part has certainly been the journey while it lasted! meeting so many friends! And countless memories! :fight:
we all must stick together and just ride the wind, Await the the next episode, wherever, and whatever that may be, "Fairwinds Disney" but this doesn't mean we won't all sail again,Together, some day! "Believe We Can, And We're Half Way There"

i am not certain what the idea behind it was or if it was intended to be temporary or not, but reguardless we have to assume its not which is why i am doing what im doing and the email i sent them contained ideas such as making minigames such as fishing and potion brewing avalible in mobile apps so you can increase your levels on a phone or tablet without actually entering the game, as well as a mobile chat as well to comunicate with your friends through mobile app as well (i thought they were great ideas) and what the email was saying was they cant accept those things as suggestions (i responded with the question of what purpose did test server have and all the "we love to here your suggestions" if you have policies saying they cant use your suggestions or ideas) which is why i think their full of it. i dont really care no where in the email did it say pirates is closed were not taking suggestions or anything allong those lines, which about 2 months ago is all i got for responses from them. it may be subtle but their is deffinately change of tone from disney, one that seems to be possitive.sorry for not being on as much sometimes life comes unglued faster than you can put it back together and i have had alot come up this last week and im squabbling to mend everything

Last edited by a moderator:
am i the only one who thinks that they did THIS to us?

We're the pirates, and Beckett is Disney. :(

Sorry if I bring back bad memories by reviving this topic, BUT OMG I AM SO SAD POTCO IS GONE. Any projects being worked on to resurrect, or shall we begin looking for another game?

We're the pirates, and Beckett is Disney. :(

Sorry if I bring back bad memories by reviving this topic, BUT OMG I AM SO SAD POTCO IS GONE. Any projects being worked on to resurrect, or shall we begin looking for another game?

im working very closely with pirates online rewritten and i can assure you the progress being made is astonishing. potco is not dead, no sir its future is looking brighter then ever! though its against forum policy to post a link to the site were working off of you can simply google pirates online rewritten and click new potco. please feel free to join and check out progress. i cannot promise nor can i imply a release date but its looking like where not too far off.

I find myself with many others, whom hack and who speak out against it any all forms, skeptical of another remake. While the game looks like it is close to being ready, it is quite the opposite and while it looks like it is like 50% there, the reality is it is only at most 10% there. One has to account for the fact of quests, receiving items, purchasing, etc. that requires extensive coding more than that to construct a character on POTCO. There is so much behind the scenes things to do, I am sure many of the programmers can even vouch and confirm that this is just so little. This is not the only thing that comes into question for me but also, the allocation of servers and how reliable the location is. another remake I find to be interesting following its slow progress but I have my doubts about it especially the fact that its site for inter-communication is barely held by one man who gets little credited to his name.

While the game looks like it is close to being ready, it is quite the opposite and while it looks like it is like 50% there, the reality is it is only at most 10% there.
I took some time to think carefully over both another remake and POTHS and what I have concluded and can share with everyone is this observation: "Isn't it really cool and exciting that our POTCO community is permitted to endure after everything that has gone wrong and/or affected POTCO?":confused: idk. I think that what we need to realize is how we would feel if there was no another remake or POTHS at all (or any 'other' new game/POTCO emulator for that matter). How would we personally feel then?

At the moment, while we do have another remake and POTHS both in development...the question (I feel) becomes how much patience are we willing to have to see through each project? ***Just as important to that question is will we support a POTCO new game/emulator at all costs (and I do not mean 'financial costs'), just to play again within a Caribbean virtual, world that eventually becomes realized?
Many questions such as these need to be answered. Anyway...just my:2 cents:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back