Please Be Careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if ISP is a clue? Each time when the hacker takes some body nothing has happen. There have been many pirates on here that have been hacked. Did any body do any thing to stop them? No. Its like you live in a city. You can just do any thing you want and the sheriff doesn't care what you do. Now the new owner of the city is the prisoner and no body wont do a thing about it.
That is the biggest problem with all of this. POTCO has the ability to find out the IP addresses of the hackers and they are the only ones that can take the proper step to stopping those hackers. They keep trying to sugar coat the hacking issue and warn us over and over again to not give out any personal information about our accounts. Problem is hackers are getting that info without being told the information. They need to stop turning a blind eye and start doing the proper thing. Its the responsibility of the company to see to it that rule breakers are taken care of.

Sure they ban people for breaking rules. That is like a time out or a slap on the wrist. But those that are constantly breaking rules, hackers and in game stalkers, those are the ones who need to have their IP address banned and their info with evidence turned over to the authorities.

That is the biggest problem with all of this. POTCO has the ability to find out the IP addresses of the hackers and they are the only ones that can take the proper step to stopping those hackers. They keep trying to sugar coat the hacking issue and warn us over and over again to not give out any personal information about our accounts. Problem is hackers are getting that info without being told the information. They need to stop turning a blind eye and start doing the proper thing. Its the responsibility of the company to see to it that rule breakers are taken care of.

Sure they ban people for breaking rules. That is like a time out or a slap on the wrist. But those that are constantly breaking rules, hackers and in game stalkers, those are the ones who need to have their IP address banned and their info with evidence turned over to the authorities.
Also for other pirates info. The website have taken down their phone number. Also im not sure if other pirates try this yet, but I try to send an email it keeps saying error.:mad:

It would be interesting to know how California law reads in accordance to behavior such as this. *Your right though..."no more" slaps on the wrists.
It's time (I think) for the company to step up & start prosecuting. :arrrrr:

It would be interesting to know how California law reads in accordance to behavior such as this. *Your right though..."no more" slaps on the wrists.
It's time (I think) for the company to step up & start prosecuting. :arrrrr:

I agree. This issue has gotten SO serious that it is now starting to get everyone to question the legality of all of this hacking. It can really be the downfall of the game (among many other things). If all Disney is doing is giving us the common sense information that we should have all gotten when learning how to even USE a computer (Giving out account or personal information is a no-no!), then how is this problem ever to end? I'm wondering if Disney is only waiting for things to get worse so that the game will shut down and they have one less stress to worry about because it does not seem like anything is being done- problems are only getting worse (didn't mean to be the "Debbie Downer" in this situation but I speaketh the truth).

I've seen players ask for legal action to be taken in multiple forums so far but as bad as it is, it's very unlikely for something like that to happen unless there is any financial damage that grabs attention of the authorities. As of now its all on disneys hands to take controll of this. Three possibilities right now. Disney will act soon and take action to get everything under control; Disney will just do nothing until there is total chaos and it will be too late; Or hackers will get bored and will just stop. Looking back in potcos history and the disney handles their issues with us, you can pretty much guess which is most likely to happen...

Or hackers will get bored and will just stop.

I wish I could believe in this statement but (in general) I don't see it ever happening. :sad1: As this article explains, as long as there remains something to catapult hackers' interests, their "drive" will continue along the path of the wide & idiotic.
http://askville.amazon.com/people-hack-games-lame-answers/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=6796341

I wish I could believe in this statement but (in general) I don't see it ever happening. :sad1: As this article explains, as long as there remains something to catapult hackers' interests, their "drive" will continue along the path of the wide & idiotic.
http://askville.amazon.com/people-hack-games-lame-answers/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=6796341
I meant bored of the game( of POTCO not hacking itself) in general and it has happened before in POTCO with game hackers but I don't know about account hackers.

Another thing is, the more attention we give them, the more it will keep them going because they just want to be known for what they do. As far as this specific hacker mentioned above goes , he isn't hiding.

I wish so many people would stop bashing Potco and Disney about the hacking problem. How do you know they aren't on top of the matter? That's one of the reasons they have Game masters monitoring and watching out for us. Surely they must be doing more than we think they are.

I am sure that they are but just "not enough." :D *This is evident of the fact that the "hacking" continues to get worse on the game (in my opinion).

I spent a great deal of time last night (on Google) conducting searches to understand topics such as: "securing online game account from hackers," "how to hack mmorpg game accounts," "pirates of the caribbean online reviews," etc. & I had found that the general consensus remains that MMORPG games (like POTCO) are relatively easy to hack because the company behind the games oftentimes provide the very basic of overall security measures.

It figures that Someone would disagree with me, Jonah (who I've known a long time btw) lol.
(It's not like ME to argue with people, but I stand up for something I believe in) In saying that, here goes nothing...
- Well, I'm sorry but, you Don't work for Disney, and you DON'T know what they're doing.
- A huge company like Disney is not standing by and letting hackers take over their games, that's just crazy. It takes time to find and get rid of hackers, Mickey can't wave his wand like he does on Disney commercials.
- Did you happen to report all this Hacking you know about? and if i were in a guild and saw things like that, I think I would um, get out of it and be talking to Disney about it.
- Lastly, I'm very upset about the hacking problem also. :mad:
Keep in mind that Disney's online game branch is relatively small. There is just a handful (I'd guess approximately... 10-20ish) of game developers for each game, and to be honest, they seem pretty lazy. Or just inexperienced fresh-out-of-college kids. If Disney TRULY cared about POTCO, the hacker would be history right now. If it's easy to hack a game, it's not that hard to slip up like a fool and get caught.

Like I had said before, I doubt the authorities care about an online game. They would probably rather spend their time on catching big hackers, who hack large stores (such as Wal-Mart, Target, McDonald's, etc.) or government computers, things like that. Nobody's life is threatened or ruined by a silly game. Yes, I understand some have spent years on this game, but that's just insane. I would never spend years on something as feeble as a cheap game.
No I am not insulting or degrading these avid players.
(ugh I posted before I could check for errors -_-)

Reactions: LEO
Keep in mind that Disney's online game branch is relatively small. There is just a handful (I'd guess approximately... 10-20ish) of game developers for each game, and to be honest, they seem pretty lazy. Or just inexperienced fresh-out-of-college kids. If Disney TRULY cared about POTCO, the hacker would be history right now. If it's easy to hack a game, it's not that hard to slip up like a fool and get caught.

Like I had said before, I doubt the authorities care about an online game. They would probably rather spend their time on catching big hackers, who hack large stores (such as Wal-Mart, Target, McDonald's, etc.) or government computers, things like that. Nobody's life is threatened or ruined by a silly game. Yes, I understand some have spent years on this game, but that's just insane. I would never spend years on something as feeble as a cheap game.
No I am not insulting or degrading these avid players.
(ugh I posted before I could check for errors -_-)
This is mostly unrelated and I don't even know if this is true or not but I heard a while ago one of the big Toontown hackers got arrested. Don't think it was for very long though...

Wait, so if I'm offline I'm more vulnerable? ....I hate exams, lol. But, on a serious note, I would NORMALLY say to just make sure never to give out your account information, but now that the big guns are afoot, it seems not even that can save you.

Now, I've been studying glitchers and modders/hackers for at least a year. In some parts of my experiment, I go to Abassa (not trying to be rude to the glitchers or anything) and when I get there, I see half a dozen people abusing hacks and glitches. And, I know this was a bad idea but once I even said "Why do you insist on needing to glitch and cheat?" For once, Abassa Tortuga became silent. Then, they were probably all thinking what was wrong with me. One said "u mad bro?" Now, that was only one part of my research. The other part pained me. I had to step up to the plate and make a pirate to become a "glitcher" myself. I noticed many more people said to me "lol cool dude" or "LOL look at him this is so funny xD". Again, that part continued to pain me because I am against glitching. Unfortunately, it seems POTCO is going to be ToonTown hacking all over again. Sure, ToonTown isn't closed yet. But, that could be different with POTCO. Honestly, the reason I'm against glitching is because how wrong it is and because glitching is one thing that can lead to another. This is precisely what I was afraid of. Men, get out the guns. We're going to WAR here. *game face* :woot:

I wish so many people would stop bashing Potco and Disney about the hacking problem. How do you know they aren't on top of the matter? That's one of the reasons they have Game masters monitoring and watching out for us. Surely they must be doing more than we think they are.
Honestly, I do not like to "bash" Disney either. But as I have played for many years, things have not gotten better- only worse. I do not think that this game matters that much to Disney. Otherwise, they would have put more effort into it's updates and stuff to keep the player's attention like other popular games do. The hacking problem has only gotten worse- and I definitely do not think they are doing enough to stop it. It basically feels like the hackers are taking over the game- and are enjoying every second of it. I know I do not work for Disney so what do I know? But we, as the players, would see an improvement if they were actually doing something about it- instead, the game quality recedes.

It figures that Someone would disagree with me, Jonah (who I've known a long time btw) lol.
(It's not like ME to argue with people, but I stand up for something I believe in) In saying that, here goes nothing...
- Well, I'm sorry but, you Don't work for Disney, and you DON'T know what they're doing.
- A huge company like Disney is not standing by and letting hackers take over their games, that's just crazy. It takes time to find and get rid of hackers, Mickey can't wave his wand like he does on Disney commercials.
- Did you happen to report all this Hacking you know about? and if i were in a guild and saw things like that, I think I would um, get out of it and be talking to Disney about it.
- Lastly, I'm very upset about the hacking problem also. :mad:
You are on my area of critique...:p

Disney is a corporation. As a corporation that runs more than a specific thing, it has to be divided into different branches to avoid becoming a monopoly. Disney Interactive Media Group, in short DIMG, is responsible for POTCO. This branch also happens to be the smallest in size and the smallest in income. Each branch runs almost independently as if it was their own company. So when everyone refers to Disney, they are referring to DIMG. Saying that DIMG is a multi-billion dollar is incorrect because the Walt Disney company will only fund them if they are about to go bankrupt. For the most part, they have to run on the money they make.

Now to get back on how well DIMG does their job. They have proven over time that they simply don't care about customers. Their customer service is very bad. And it has only gotten worse since they even took out live chat now. I can give you tons of reports to Disney about bugs, glitches, lag, hackers and so on but every time I have gotten a very unhelful response that is just a general about an issue without a solution. Just recently they gave me a solution saying i have to adjust the game to work best with my video card and i followed their instruction. Once I logged in, i was facing more lag than before.

Should I get started on content? Only content is this year has been expanding customization to level 6... and not really that many fixes. Lag has been everywhere as they refuse to do even the simplest thing of just resetting the servers every 2 or 3 days so it cleans all the hunters/warships stuck on the sea, and other garbage stuck on the game adding up to the lag.

I like the game but over time I have gotten the feeling that this game for Disney has kind of changed to be an Experiment. I also found out that most of the workers that originally worked on the game, are not there anymore.

This is not an argument btw... Just clarifying something that is in my opinion often misinterpreted or misunderstood. If you think about it, in the most simple way, DIMG, like any game owner, has the ABSOLUTE power in the game. It's their game and their responsibility. Players are not supposed to be expected to do more than support the game financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back