Please Be Careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy all,

Please remember to keep the thread free of drama and controversy while discussing this topic. Bashing and flaming are also against our rules, so please discuss in a calm manner. Failure to follow rules will result in warnings if this thread should get out of hand.

Additionally, all forum rules can be viewed at any time by clicking here.

OMG OMG OMG CAPTAIN LEON JUST TOLD ME HE HAD MY INFO AND WAS GOING TO STEAL ME
good News is I emailed Disney and changed my password immediatly... and i didnt even tell him anything:eek::oops::sad1::eek:

Ahoy all,

Please remember to keep the thread free of drama and controversy while discussing this topic. Bashing and flaming are also against our rules, so please discuss in a calm manner. Failure to follow rules will result in warnings if this thread should get out of hand.

Additionally, all forum rules can be viewed at any time by clicking here.
lol didnt see that post, sorry guys:oops:

Well, Hello Everyone for Pirates Forums. As Del as said the carribean seems to be running wild with some hackers who think everything is theirs. Recently in the past few days, a few officers of mine were targeted, I wont name names, but I do have a screenshot of one of the officers being held captive by the hacker who calls himself, " Captain Leon". The reason I put " " around his name is because this hacker likes to seek fame and announce his name everytime he gets hold of a stolen pirate. If its him, you will know it. This is happened to a few of my officers like I said, but I only witnessed one for myself. He came on announced his name and started ranting and yelling in guild chat. So we booted the captive pirate and we figured the bottom line is we needed to wait until the pirate was deleted by the hacker and then work on getting it back. About an hour after the initial hack, I held a officer meeting. It turns out, he used another hacked Officer to get to our officer meeting. He showed up on the hacked pirate and insulted Me and all of the other members and then proceeded to delete all of the pirates items in front of us. One by one we left and I later heard word both of the hacked pirates were sitting on abassa showing off the pirates. Then later that night, the pirate was gone. This is causing major fear in the minds of many pirates. It killed me to see a fellow pirate work for years to get to that point and just get it all striped away in a matter of minutes. This needs to stop. In this case, its hard to stop a rogue, independent player who just hacks others. He doesnt need a pirate to hack players, but if continue to play as if the game wasnt filled with these hackers, the game would be a better then living in fear. The only thing I can try and press to everyone is to just be careful and friend who you know and whe crowds you hang around. It can happen to anyone, but if you just keeps your wits about you, im 99% percent sure youll play freely. Now, I took several screenshots, but I seem to not find them. My PC kept freezing, but ill keep looking for them and hope they saved. I believe other players have more. But this is a screenshot of the hacker on the pirate after insulting us all and deleting the pirates belongings.
did he completely delete john?

did he completely delete john?
Yes, the pirate was deleted all together and all the belongings were gone as well. The real John scurvyrage as of yesterday got his pirate back, but I have just learned that another of my officers is being driven full time by a hacker. We don't know if it's "Captain Leon", but for informational value, keep clear of Eric Bluehawk. We have contacted the real Eric and verified the pirate is in fact stolen.

Yes, the pirate was deleted all together and all the belongings were gone as well. The real John scurvyrage as of yesterday got his pirate back, but I have just learned that another of my officers is being driven full time by a hacker. We don't know if it's "Captain Leon", but for informational value, keep clear of Eric Bluehawk. We have contacted the real Eric and verified the pirate is in fact stolen.
so the level 50 all together wasnt deleted, or did they undelete him?

did he get his cloths and weapons and stuff back too..? :O
Sadly, no. Disney says they will not restore items you can find in loot. If you have old event bandanas or rare one time redeemed items, I believe they restore those. But for legends or other things you could find again, your out of luck.

Keep in mind that Disney's online game branch is relatively small. There is just a handful (I'd guess approximately... 10-20ish) of game developers for each game, and to be honest, they seem pretty lazy. Or just inexperienced fresh-out-of-college kids. If Disney TRULY cared about POTCO, the hacker would be history right now. If it's easy to hack a game, it's not that hard to slip up like a fool and get caught.

Like I had said before, I doubt the authorities care about an online game. They would probably rather spend their time on catching big hackers, who hack large stores (such as Wal-Mart, Target, McDonald's, etc.) or government computers, things like that. Nobody's life is threatened or ruined by a silly game. Yes, I understand some have spent years on this game, but that's just insane. I would never spend years on something as feeble as a cheap game.
No I am not insulting or degrading these avid players.
(ugh I posted before I could check for errors -_-)

How do you have any idea how many game developers they have? :confused: I know someone who is hired by online companies just to stop hackers. Companies like Disney have specialized people that look for hackers, and I know as a fact they have busted a lot of them, and continue to stop them. It's an ongoing process, on a day to day basis. New hackers can come into the game every day. If you're expecting hacking to stop totally, it won't. It's AFTER it happens, that Disney can find them and get rid of them. You're asking them to stop a bank robber before he enters the bank, that's impossible.

It's their game and their responsibility. Players are not supposed to be expected to do more than support the game financially.
Agreed the game has issues, but the players are expected to fill out reports. When players see hackers, they should fill out a report, so it IS their responsibility to help catch them.

Agreed the game has issues, but the players are expected to fill out reports. When players see hackers, they should fill out a report, so it IS their responsibility to help catch them.

I think that I can speak for a lot of people involved in this discussion when I say that we have filed many many many reports and have yet to see promising responses. From personal experiences, whenever I have filed reports or sent e-mails, I got a "pat on the back" saying that they will work on fixing said problem. It is not hard to see that there are many hackers- as the people who run the game, they should be able to see that- and honestly, I'm sure they know about it. Of course, your point where you say that there will always be some hackers is true. However, there should not be anywhere near the amount that there is today- it is a huge issue. It isn't just a one in a million chance that you get hacked anymore like it might have been a while back. It might be somewhere a long the lines of one in a hundred or one in a thousand. I could be wrong on those statistics but I'm just making a point to say that the chances of each pirate getting hacked has dramatically increased.

Reactions: LEO
Aye, I had Eric on my friends list... and one day he whispered to me saying "hey. We should trade accounts someday. Ill loot and not do anything or delete anything." I immediately un-friended him. Is this one of the hacker's. stolen players?

Aye, I had Eric on my friends list... and one day he whispered to me saying "hey. We should trade accounts someday. Ill loot and not do anything or delete anything." I immediately un-friended him. Is this one of the hacker's. stolen players?

Well, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ask you to trade accounts, so I think you can be sure that was a hacker. :hypno:

How do you have any idea how many game developers they have? :confused: I know someone who is hired by online companies just to stop hackers. Companies like Disney have specialized people that look for hackers, and I know as a fact they have busted a lot of them, and continue to stop them. It's an ongoing process, on a day to day basis. New hackers can come into the game every day. If you're expecting hacking to stop totally, it won't. It's AFTER it happens, that Disney can find them and get rid of them. You're asking them to stop a bank robber before he enters the bank, that's impossible.

Apparently you didn't read a single word out of my post, rofl. I didn't say Disney should stop the hacker. Disney does not control POTCO directly, if you read anything in this thread you would know DIMG does.
Another thing, as I said, you didn't read my post because I wrote "I'D GUESS approximately.... 10-20ish..." for the devs. And what does your friend who is hired by online companies have anything to do with my post in any way shape or form?
I never said Disney should catch the hacker before he hacks, because that's stupid. I'd like to see you point out where I supposedly said that, because, I wrote the post and I can't find it. I know more about hacking online games than most would suspect, because I know someone who IS a hacker and someone who works to stop hackers.
Please, make sure you understand a post before trying to 'correct' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back