Please Be Careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that Disney's online game branch is relatively small. There is just a handful (I'd guess approximately... 10-20ish) of game developers for each game, and to be honest, they seem pretty lazy. Or just inexperienced fresh-out-of-college kids. If Disney TRULY cared about POTCO, the hacker would be history right now. If it's easy to hack a game, it's not that hard to slip up like a fool and get caught.

Like I had said before, I doubt the authorities care about an online game. They would probably rather spend their time on catching big hackers, who hack large stores (such as Wal-Mart, Target, McDonald's, etc.) or government computers, things like that. Nobody's life is threatened or ruined by a silly game. Yes, I understand some have spent years on this game, but that's just insane. I would never spend years on something as feeble as a cheap game.
No I am not insulting or degrading these avid players.
(ugh I posted before I could check for errors -_-)
i just dont like this post PERIOD because we HAVE spent years making an awesome pirate/s and to just have it taken away and deleted in a matter of minutes, that's just SICK!:mad:

Ahoy all,

Please remember to keep the thread free of drama and controversy while discussing this topic. Bashing and flaming are also against our rules, so please discuss in a calm manner. Failure to follow rules will result in warnings if this thread should get out of hand.

Additionally, all forum rules can be viewed at any time by clicking here.
Thanks for your help John, but people don't listen. I wish people would stop attacking other people in this thread. The purpose of the thread I "Think" was for people to be careful of Hackers. Now it's turned into "Be Careful what you say", or others are gonna attack You. Sad. I don't even want to look at this thread anymore. :mad: :confused:
Good points you made btw Nate.

To track an IP address is illegal. They can ban them though.

Yet they still can track an IP adress since they own the world :(

To track an IP address is illegal. They can ban them though.

Yet they still can track an IP adress since they own the world :(
Tracking an IP address is not illegal. We record your IP here for every post, thread, and profile post you make, as well as the IP you created your account with, for security reasons. Your IP address is public information to every service you interact with over the internet. It's used as an identifier.

Additionally, IP addresses can usually only be traced back to an ISP (which a general location can be derived from). For example, my home IP would lead to Time Warner Cable San Diego. To get any more specific than that, you'd have to contact TWC-SD with my IP and ask them who it belongs to, which is information they likely wouldn't give up without a warrant.

It is illegal to track an IP to a person's home. Your right recording is okay. Tracking to one's home is illegal.

It is illegal to track an IP to a person's home.
Right, though I was saying it's impossible to trace an IP to a person's home without a warrant, in which case it would be completely legal. It is also completely legal to trace it back to an ISP and general location. Disney has every right to look up information about IPs that are connecting to their own systems.

You don't have to, I know what I'm talking about.. but I only posted in the first place to provide information, not argue.

Additionally it wouldn't be unreasonable to get a warrant where hacking is involved, though I'll agree with you saying the situation is probably too minor for authorities to get involved.

Okay. Your right. Your amazing. I should have listened to the powerful Davy.

Master, forgive me of my ignorance.

i just dont like this post PERIOD because we HAVE spent years making an awesome pirate/s and to just have it taken away and deleted in a matter of minutes, that's just SICK!:mad:
So have I, so do not diss my post because you don't like one sentence. I'm tired of people acting tough and starting to get all annoyed because someone is typing their opinion. Turning into communism.

So have I, so do not diss my post because you don't like one sentence. I'm tired of people acting tough and starting to get all annoyed because someone is typing their opinion. Turning into communism.
lol sorry, i am just kinda mad right now because im worried this guy is going to hack me

I wish someone would lock this thread, it is turning into a stupid child-like argument. IMO

I wish someone would lock this thread, it is turning into a stupid child-like argument. IMO
Posts like this only further derail the discussion, hit report and let a moderator figure out the best course of action, it's their decision to make. I'll lock the topic for now and let the other staff work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back