"POTCO" or "Club Penguin?"

Pirates of the Caribbean Online - or - Club Penguin?

• Total voters
Some of you might not know this, but along with POTCO, 3 other games closed. This is one of the many reasons I chose POTCO. But my theory is that if you played Club Penguin or one or all of the other games, you're going to stop playing Club Penguin because that's what they left those games for.

Some of you might not know this, but along with POTCO, 3 other games closed. This is one of the many reasons I chose POTCO. But my theory is that if you played Club Penguin or one or all of the other games, you're going to stop playing Club Penguin because that's what they left those games for.
( whipsers ) - Psst, it was 2 others -

Disney's shifting of focus from POTCO, TT, and PH over to Club Penguin just shows one thing. Disney does not really care about their customers; only making as much profit as possible matters.

Now, I understand that many companies and corporations are like this. However, as far as I have seen, Disney is the only one that makes no effort to conceal that fact. Remember their Public Service video from a while back? And how it became public knowledge that those were just paid actors? Ever notice how there wasn't a statement or something from Disney denying that fact? To me, Disney just seems apathetic towards anything that isn't either doing better than the leading competition, or ways they can make even MORE money. THAT right there. THAT. THAT is the reason why I have really grown to despise Disney, as well as what caused me to stop playing Club Penguin about three years ago :(

Sometimes...I do think to myself that the "environment" Disney executives and (major) decision-makers surround themselves in does not help them to understand the wants and needs of the consumers whom support them across the country, and the world.
HollywoodSign*309.jpg

What I mean is, Disney operates out of the state of California and anyone that has ever lived or visited there understands that the fast pace environment and unique lifestyle does in fact contribute (indirectly) to such a place operating on a whole different level than say, the rest of the states within the US.

*Those whom call California their home, please correct me if I am wrong but the "assumption" I am gaining from the result of POTCO's closing is that Disney would rather appear as if they value innovation and change over stability and what has actually worked for them in the past. That make any sense? :confused:

Without a doubt, there is no need for big business (or a corporation entity) to remain complacent in comparison to its competitors but...it just seems to me that Disney no longer identifies itself as an entity that values (sustainable) relationships with its consumers over the long-run. Therefore, I feel that Disney is now mainly geared towards pursuits and decisions which are more self-serving and to which offer the advancement of higher profitability at whatever cost.

You cant really ask this question on here, the 2 who voted Penguins are obviously not common forum comers. Either way any service pros and cons are quite easily able to justify. First off, especially towards the ends, the horrid customer services for POTCO and better services from CP were due to, quite obviously, big wigs deciding POTCO is no good and the future of the Disney Co. is to continue the cuddly and cute and family safeness of CP despite owning 2 franchises that MUST be rated PG-13 and therefore makes them hypocritical. CP has if anything as bad graphics as POTCO possibly worse. The only given reason CP became a great success is because Disney gambled with them instead of us by internationalizing them, opposed to us. YES I do acknowledge there are Europeans here such as Irene if Im not mistaken but technically Disney never made it an official globalized game like CP, and truly killed POTCO. POTCO could have been MUCH more successful than CP as more people know what POTC is but not what CP is. Honestly, CP is a cheap game that Ik a few people could slap together, maybe even some of the people whom I doubt will be able to get their POTCO like game up within the next 3 years (POTHS, POL), could do just as good if not better.

Back