POTCO... Whats Disney been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that most online games do go start to lose it's "spark" Let's say POTCO started at 100% (for now), they have added so much, so let's say it went to 120%, but the bugs, glitches, and such took it down to 50%, and POTCO new people are going to think that this game isn't all that and then they will not play, tell there friends about it, and they won't play, while we people who have been playing for a while, know all the ways, and loopholes around most of them.

Now, I must take into account some reasons why they might be not taking care of POTCO as much... As fallows:

They are too greedy with they're money to spend it on "a childs game" as they would word it.

They are too busy with other movies, programs, and other games to work on POTCO.

They think it's almost hopeless to keep trying to fix a game like this.

Or last of all, they just don't care about us pirates anymore!

~Micotheone

I find that most online games do go start to lose it's "spark" Let's say POTCO started at 100% (for now), they have added so much, so let's say it went to 120%, but the bugs, glitches, and such took it down to 50%, and POTCO new people are going to think that this game isn't all that and then they will not play, tell there friends about it, and they won't play, while we people who have been playing for a while, know all the ways, and loopholes around most of them.

Now, I must take into account some reasons why they might be not taking care of POTCO as much... As fallows:

They are too greedy with they're money to spend it on "a childs game" as they would word it.

They are too busy with other movies, programs, and other games to work on POTCO.

~Micotheone
It is true that most Online games eventually start to go down over time but POTCO is only 4 years old. POTCO has NEVER reached 100%. POTCO has a LOT of potential. In my opinion, POTCO has not even reached 60% of it's full potential of the game it can be.

They seem to be more greedy on POTCO specifically because as I have heard around and it was mentioned in this thread as well, Club Penguin which is completely a game for kids(for the most part) is getting a lot more attention than POTCO.

As for them being busy. DIMG works independently has nothing to do with movies, parks and other stuff that doesn't involve media. Disney has many divisions and DIMG is the one responsible for their games.

I think the most accurate from current events are your last two points. Hopefully though, in this attempt we can change something.

They seem to be more greedy on POTCO specifically because as I have heard around and it was mentioned in this thread as well, Club Penguin which is completely a game for kids(for the most part) is getting a lot more attention than POTCO.

Club Penguin has had a new makeover involving Marvel. You can now buy costumes for your penguin. Not sure how new this update is, but I did just see a spot on the Disney Channel yesterday. Was walking by the tv and heard new updates for Disney gamers, and stopped in my tracks. Then realized what it was for... ugh!

It is true that most Online games eventually start to go down over time but POTCO is only 4 years old. POTCO has NEVER reached 100%. POTCO has a LOT of potential. In my opinion, POTCO has not even reached 60% of it's full potential of the game it can be.

As for them being busy. DIMG works independently has nothing to do with movies, parks and other stuff that doesn't involve media. Disney has many divisions and DIMG is the one responsible for their games.

I think the most accurate from current events are your last two points. Hopefully though, in this attempt we can change something.

Me being myself, I couldn't have worded it better lol. POTCO indeed DOES have a lot of potential, lots of it! I know of a few other online games "Tanki Online" for one, over 12,000,000 players and only 2 years old, they should do better., yes, but it's updated every day moving forword, POTCO only shuts down if too many people tell them to fix/do something. In my opinion, they should start hiring more people who KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! If POTCO really wanted to make the game even 77% (from 60% like you said) they could, all in 1 update most-likely, yet they don't? It disappoints me with how little they do in so much time, but I guess that's the way with a lot of things with not just Disney. It would take WAY to long to say half of what my dad's work is doing... He said 90% of what they are doing can be done automated, and now they are about 3-4 MONTHS behind.. Lol, but that's another word,

Again, well worded, I wish I knew a little more about spelling, typing better, etc

~Micotheone

Reactions: LEO

~Micotheone

Actually i dont think like you. Because like Leo said POTCO has never reached %100. And i think that POTCO only reached %40-50. Because there can be really much more updates and much more... And just think, There can be more islands more weapons. And i think a pirate can have is own house too. And maybe you can live in your ship like a real pirate in the game. And much more like more enemys. Thats why i dont think that POTCO reached its end or %120. I think POTCO just reached %40-50... :D

Disney should realize that all the kids they have hooked with Club Penguin will eventually outgrow it and need to play Pirates so that they may have a new game to get addicted to like the majority of us. If they were thinking, they should find a way to integrate the 2 games so that a penguin would want to play Pirates and they aren't losing a paying customer. It's been a long time since I played Club Penguin, but I remember there's a ninja suit you have to earn. Maybe they should make a Pirate Ninja suit and then they can graduate on to Potco! :excited: (I may send this idea in after thinking it out more) It could help save Pirates. Anything we try is worth it.

I have been doing some "net" searching & on this link (for Disney Interactive Media Group 'jobs & careers') this is what is worded near the bottom of the page within their "Our Business Areas; Disney Games" section:

Disney Virtual Worlds
Transform your imagination into an online virtual world that's packed with games, adventures, parties and special events as you interact in real time with players all over the globe. Whether you work on Club Penguin, Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow or Pirates of the Caribbean Online, you'll help invite users into an exciting new reality. Millions of users are immersed in our enjoyable online experiences every day.
One of the largest social communities for children, Disney Club Penguin is the #1 Kids Virtual World, visited by more people than any other online game in the world. With millions of new visitors every single month from nearly 200 countries, just imagine how much of an impact your work can have on the world.

*** Do ye mates notice the deliberate "order" of things listed above? :confused: It's almost as if POTCO is quickly introduced like the scandalous cousin within the Disney family, lol.

Disney Virtual Worlds
Transform your imagination into an online virtual world that's packed with games, adventures, parties and special events as you interact in real time with players all over the globe. Whether you work on Club Penguin, Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow or Pirates of the Caribbean Online, you'll help invite users into an exciting new reality. Millions of users are immersed in our enjoyable online experiences every day.
One of the largest social communities for children, Disney Club Penguin is the #1 Kids Virtual World, visited by more people than any other online game in the world. With millions of new visitors every single month from nearly 200 countries, just imagine how much of an impact your work can have on the world.

*** Do ye mates notice the deliberate "order" of things listed above? :confused: It's almost as if POTCO is quickly introduced like the scandalous cousin within the Disney family, lol.

At least POTCO was mentioned!!! ;)

Ok... So back to the Petition idea. Let me be honest that this is the first time I have had to do something like this.

My friend whom I had asked to write the text has more knowledge on this so she explained to me how it is better if there are two parts in this. One that appeals to the players and than a second appeal which finishes the players concerns(issues), importance of POTCO and solutions along with some beneficary outcomes for Disney if Pirates is indeed 'revived. They are both send in along with the signatures to wherever this will be sent.

Here is the first draft for the first part of the petition which is the appeal to players to sign it.
Pirates of the Caribbean Online is almost 5!

The unique environment that the life of a pirate in the Caribbean offers players is unrivalled by any other game. Centred on the hugely popular Pirates of the Caribbean movies we can enact parts of the film or create our own gaming experience in a pirately setting. Once the quests and levels are complete the game is self-perpetuating via PvP and SvS. In essence, as a gaming experience it is ideal.

Over the past 5 years, it has given players untold hours of enjoyment. Many thousands of players have invested their time and money in the game; friendships have been forged, fierce battles have been fought and memories made.

A social community has developed within the game, and, outside of the game -- in support and appreciation -- via fan sites and social networks.

Importantly, the social history of characters and guilds that has developed is one which the dedicated players of Pirates of the Caribbean Online will fight passionately to maintain.

A key part of maintaining that history is maintaining the environment in which we play.

To this end, amidst frustrations with technical issues arising from Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and the increasing draw of other games and experiences, a dedicated collection of players has come together to raise a single and co-ordinated voice for those concerns.

Please sign your name to this petition if you too are affected, and would like to see action on the following:
  • Server Lag and Delay
Whilst we are aware that each player plays on computers of differing technical specification and accesses the game via varying network speeds, server lag in the game itself is a huge concern. Regular maintenance downtime may solve this, it’s a method that’s been used in POTCO in the past, but for some reason this is no longer the case. Dedicated servers for certain activities may also help.
  • Bugs and Glitches
Every game has bugs and glitches, but we feel that certain things can be done to rectify problems with bugs and glitches and avoid the inevitable exploitation of them. These include better and longer testing on the test servers, a better report system and –importantly -- acknowledgement that the reports have been received and are being dealt with. This does not have to be a personal response but an updated ‘Known Issues’ section on the website would suffice.
  • Hacking (game files or using third party programs)
For some it’s all too tempting to pull a thing apart to see how it works, this is no less the case with POTCO, and as people become more aware of how to manipulate software, and more third-party programmes are made with gaming in mind, our game is increasingly at risk. That said, this is tricky to monitor and we appreciate that, but some acknowledgement from Disney by way of blocking the popular programmes and more effective consequences for those who use hacks is desirable.
  • Customer service.
We all have to get in touch with POTCO at some time or another, but lately there is nobody there to take the enquiry. A three day week for Live Chat is not acceptable; we still pay the same subscription as we did when Live Chat was full-time. When we do get through for technical concerns the answers are often generic; pointing to things we have done wrong ourselves, or to some shortfall in our technical specifications. This advice often conflicts with the Pirates Online website advice regarding technical requirements for the game, and can conflict with our computer manufacturer’s advice. Updated technical advice is essential to avoid unnecessary damage to the equipment on which we play and ensure smooth gameplay.
  • Content
Once we have quested, levelled and reached the endgames of PvP and SvS we really do depend on our own ability to entertain ourselves within the POTCO environment, but this doesn’t need to be the case. Even though writing new content should be high on the list of priority for Disney to maintain subscriptions, we appreciate that game development takes time.

That said, more can be done with what’s already in the game: looting could be made more fun by making more rare loot available to higher level pirates gives them the hope that they may get more than Rusty Sabres and Dingy Tops. Ship repair could be something that can be levelled, offering rewards in certain skills. Increase level cap, new islands, new skills and many other player derived suggestions could be used as well Dedicated servers for player organised events, with Disney support, and a mention in the news section of the website gives a little something back to players for their dedication, while they wait for new content.

These are just some of the concerns and suggestions for possible fixes set out by players, there will undoubtedly be many more suggestions but the issues can only be addressed with the help and work of Disney’s studio responsible for Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

Remember, all that’s required to support this petition is your pirate name, level and guild if you have one.
So that is the idea as of now.

The one posted above is open for suggestions and corrections.

The plan is to have two parts to be send. This which appeals to the public to get players to sign it. A second part which is not written yet will be added on separately than with the signatures, are all sent in to Disney. The second part will include the positives of POTCO for Disney, the importance of POTCO to us players, the need to 'revive' POTCO by fixing the issues, the player concerns and some solutions as well which would be almost like a request for Disney from everyone who signs up.

Now this open for suggestions. Please share your opinions/suggestions on the writing above and the idea of presenting it to the places it will be presented.

I haven't read, but I thought we were going to have a new thread to brainstorm the draft ... :p
Because this could be intense.

I haven't read, but I thought we we going to have a new thread to brainstorm the draft ... :p
Because this could be intense.
We could but since we started this here, many ideas have already been shared in here. And I don't want this to lead to too many threads since once the petition starts, a couple of threads will be started. One with the petition itself and one with INFO and FAQ about the petition.

If you all want to, it's not that difficult though.

Edit:
Actually you are right. Lock this thread

Here is the first draft for the first part of the petition which is the appeal to players to sign it.
I do support this, but remember mate, I'm a glitcher. No matter how hard Disney tries, I'll still find new glitches ;) Haha. Anyway, I'm in :).

By the way, if we start a new thread, Leo won't have a shot at getting the "most active thread" award. :p

I do support this, but remember mate, I'm a glitcher. No matter how hard Disney tries, I'll still find new glitches ;) Haha. Anyway, I'm in :).
As long as they work, I really don't have a problem with you. This is a game and players are expected to glitch but DIMG should also be working on the game to fix whats broken.

This is the way to do it, Leo:

Do not lock this thread yet, but please open a new one, so that the topic and discussion is going to be very focus to the topic, instead of wandering off from 'expectation' to 'solution' (i.e.: if we stay on this thread).

Then, after you open a new thread, put the link to that thread "here" (on this old thread), so that members could be forwarded to open the new thread.

Lastly, I think we are allowed to request Admin's permission to put a sticky or announce it on the news banner at the homepage.

This is the way to do it, Leo:

Do not lock this thread yet, but please open a new one, so that the topic and discussion is going to be very focus to the topic, instead of wandering off from 'expectation' to 'solution' (i.e.: if we stay on this thread).

Then, after you open a new thread, put the link to that thread "here" (on this old thread), so that members could be forwarded to open the new thread.

Lastly, I think we are allowed to request Admin's permission to put a sticky or announce it on the news banner at the homepage.
Ok.

As for the banner thing. Was waiting to request that after the petition is started.

I think that if I was strictly a POTCO game player - an "outsider" - if you will, in consideration to various potco game forums, facebook/social networking groups, & the like that this first half to the petition would definitely compel myself to happily pen my name & information.:)

"Kudos" to your friend, Leo (especially when ye consider the professionalism written within it's content & [from what I understand] the fact that she has been somewhat busy lately & not feeling the healthiest). :D

Reactions: LEO
I just finished reading every post in this thread. As a old time player of the game, I share the same views as all the people trying to push a petition. I tried emailing Disney on many topics and only one girl was nice enough to reply and say they are working on the bad body types, and thats all I got. I support the petition 100% and Im wishing for the day when Disney can see hundreds or thousands of names wanting change.

Please go to this thread to continue discussions for the Petition.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/petition-for-a-better-potco.7213/#post-120282

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back