POTCO... Whats Disney been up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I asked a friend who has writing in her occupation to start the text off with the task that included the criteria that Jade, others and myself have mentioned so far. She said that she will have something with in a couple of days so once she finishes it, i will post it here and then gather your opinions on whether it is something we should use or if there is stuff to improve. She has been playing POTCO since it's release so she does have the knowledge of the game to develop the purpose, issues and importance of the petition.

Also, since Jade brought up some good points about the tittle, "revive POTCO" is great. Another tittle was "Preserve POTCO" recommended. The tittle is something we can chose later as well.

As for sending this. A lot of studios, including that of DIMG, have websites that include the contact us information. If we have to, we could even send it to Bob Iger...though I doubt he would care look into it. The 'signatures' would have to be done over online with a sample like I had saidearlier where you include one pirate per person with your level and maybe including guild name as well since real signatures would be really just impossible.

Some stuff can be build as we go on with the idea.

Two questions: who is Bob Iger? And what does DIMG stand for ?

They worry on fixxing bugs and make common clothes rare taking away old bodies stuff like that when there are hackers that make us pay to have someone else breaking the rules play Disney's unsafe game. There should be some Game Masters Roaming Tortuga Abassa 24/7 Whos with me?

While waiting on the proposal of the Petition being done, could we please brainstorm what the best title it should be? That way we could do two things simultaneously.

Look at reference meanings of these two words that came up so far into discussions ("preserve" and "revive").
PRESERVE

Dictionary entry overview: What does preserve mean?
PRESERVE (verb)
The verb PRESERVE has 6 senses:
1. keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last
2. keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
3. to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
4. prevent (food) from rotting
5. maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
6. keep undisturbed for personal or private use for hunting, shooting, or fishing

Source: http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/preserve.htm
REVIVE

Dictionary entry overview: What does revive mean?

REVIVE (verb)
The verb REVIVE has 5 senses:
1. cause to regain consciousness
2. give new life or energy to
3. be brought back to life, consciousness, or strength
4. restore from a depressed, inactive, or unused state
5. return to consciousness
Source: http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/revive.htm

In my personal opinion, "preserve" refers to "maintaining the current condition", and "revive" refers to "giving new life to the current condition". I will leave it up to you all to decide, which one is the more appropriate issue that we would like to deal with, as far as Potco's concern. There might be other terminologies that we could discuss as well, such as the words "restore", "resurrect", etc. I invite every member to get involve and contribute if you have any idea about what we should call this petition.

On a different note, if we ever decide that we would need an in-game event, or even if we do not need an in-game event but just an online invitation to participate on this Petition, in a form of an online 'flyer' (kind of like this but maybe not as 'playful' design-wise), I'd make myself available to prepare for us. It needs to have all the text of Petition itself ready to go (final) though, before we could issue something like that. That way, we could just give other leaders from other Forums, perhaps Wikia, Facebook, and supporting guilds, the link to the image to post in their sites. Or Leo could use the image to post it on the sites that he considers supportive to this Petition. But if we do not need to have anything like that, and just wordings, it would be fine as well. Btw, wordings are still needed to introduce the Petition, regardless using graphics as a helping tool or not.

I 'could' create a video, but I would not be able to have the time to prepare it, so I'd rather not promise something that I would not know if I could keep.

Just some points to think about ... :)

Great ideas. I personally love the word revive as I think it is a better fit. It means to make like new again or bring to live which is exactly what we want to happen to the game. Plus, it has to do with the game and theme because of tonics and such. Should we make a new petition brainstorm thread.?- I feel we might be getting quite off-topic with this since it went from what is wrong with the game to how to save the game. :)

I personally love the word revive as I think it is a better fit. It means to make like new again or bring to live which is exactly what we want to happen to the game. Plus, it has to do with the game and theme because of tonics and such. :)

I agree as well. *Perhaps have someone talented with graphic design also affix a small image to the title doing exactly that; reviving. IMAGERY is powerful & it captures the reader's:piratemickey:attention & mood.

Besides the terms "revive" & "preserve," the only other terminology (for the title) which comes to mind is "rejuvenate" & "revitalize."

In addition to the title, it is my opinion that somewhere within the petition the idea of each of us feeling "compelled" should be expressed in such a way as to describe the level of emotion (& emergency) we each feel that the state of our beloved POTCO is undergoing. *Just a thought :D...

On a different note, if we ever decide that we would need an in-game event, or even if we do not need an in-game event but just an online invitation to participate on this Petition, in a form of an online 'flyer' (kind of like this but maybe not as 'playful' design-wise), I'd make myself available to prepare for us. :)

Forgive me for the double-post but, I seriously like the online 'flyer' idea. *You have a talent there, mademoiselle.;)

love the game so much don't want it to do but have an idea have a second release at the disney parks to get people into the game and bring some new producers from right out of college to bring out new ways to make the game better and we love and the max rate for the level should be 75

Sorry about the delay but I will post the text on Thursday. My friend which I asked has been a bit busy and sick at the same time to finish the body of the petition.

As of now, the titles I find that best fit this event are "REVIVE" by Jade and "REVITALIZE" by Shamus because they both intend improvement. If anyone wants to be real dramatic and advanced, we could also think of "Resuscitate"...

I had an email saying that they will fix all bug's on POTCO soon this month or next but when they fix one another one happen's that is the only problem.

Sorry about the delay but I will post the text on Thursday. My friend which I asked has been a bit busy and sick at the same time to finish the body of the petition.

As of now, the titles I find that best fit this event are "REVIVE" by Jade and "REVITALIZE" by Shamus because they both intend improvement. If anyone wants to be real dramatic and advanced, we could also think of "Resuscitate"...

I like revitalize

Even though I threw the word "resuscitate" out there, I don't think it is necessary. Just because there is a sense of something that is already 'dead', that needs to be brought to life, in the meaning of that word. I don't think Potco is 'that dead'. We might fall into deeming Potco being in such a life-less condition by using that word. So I agree with you, Leo, that word sounds too dramatic ...

Btw, I suggest while we are brainstorming about the content of the Petition itself (later, when the draft of the text is ready to be discussed), we could also open a "poll" about the title, and let members vote which word we all would like to use as a title. Between "revive" and "revitalize". That way we 'knock two birds with one stone'; we will get the text done and the title picked, by the end of the discussion.

Another thought:
There are 3 big target groups that we could involve in this Petition to revive/revitalize Potco.

Leo would need a lot of help in promoting/publishing this Petition, as he may not be able to be in all areas at once, or he might not be a member of all of these groups. Volunteers are needed (those are member here, who are also members/administrators of any of these target groups, or who have access to the administrators of any of these target groups).

The roles of these volunteers are:
- Getting other members from those target groups 'familiar' with the ideas of having this Petition, to see if there are supporters to these ideas out there.
- When the Petition itself is final and ready to go, these volunteers would be able to pass along the invitation to other members to sign the Petition. It would help Leo tremendously, while he would disperse the Petition itself to the sites/leaders.

These 3 target groups are:
1. Fan sites (i.e. Pirates Online forums, Wikia and other Potco-related forums out there). It would be great if there are leaders of those fan sites or volunteers who could lead the promotion of the Petition in their own sites.

2. Guilds
I understand there are a lot of guildmasters, co-gms and guild officers who are members of this Forums. If the guilds support the ideas of the Petition, these leaders will be in the frontline of the guild in promoting and signing the Petition, because leaders have the power to direct the guild members. It would be great if there are volunteers who could become representatives to pass along to the gm/co-gm/officers, if the leaders are not represented in this Forums. These volunteers will also become spokespeople in-game, because there are a lot of players/guildies who are not members of any fan site/forum or Facebook.

3. Facebook
FB is a powerful media to promote this Petition. I notice there are a lot of players who are very active on FB and do not join/being inactive on fan site/forum. I believe we might have found a leader in FB promotion, however, it is still great to have volunteers to disperse the idea and invitation to participate in this Petition.

If any of you are willing to be a volunteer, please state your availability here on this thread, so that you can be contacted in time.

Even though I threw the word "resuscitate" out there, I don't think it is necessary. Just because there is a sense of something that is already 'dead', that needs to be brought to life, in the meaning of that word. I don't think Potco is 'that dead'. We might fall into deeming Potco being in such a life-less condition by using that word. So I agree with you, Leo, that word sounds too dramatic ...

Btw, I suggest while we are brainstorming about the content of the Petition itself (later, when the draft of the text is ready to be discussed), we could also open a "poll" about the title, and let members vote which word we all would like to use as a title. Between "revive" and "revitalize". That way we 'knock two birds with one stone'; we will get the text done and the title picked, by the end of the discussion.

Another thought:
There are 3 big target groups that we could involve in this Petition to revive/revitalize Potco.

Leo would need a lot of help in promoting/publishing this Petition, as he may not be able to be in all areas at once, or he might not be a member of all of these groups. Volunteers are needed (those are member here, who are also members/administrators of any of these target groups, or who have access to the administrators of any of these target groups).

The roles of these volunteers are:
- Getting other members from those target groups 'familiar' with the ideas of having this Petition, to see if there are supporters to these ideas out there.
- When the Petition itself is final and ready to go, these volunteers would be able to pass along the invitation to other members to sign the Petition. It would help Leo tremendously, while he would disperse the Petition itself to the sites/leaders.

These 3 target groups are:
1. Fan sites (i.e. Pirates Online forums, Wikia and other Potco-related forums out there). It would be great if there are leaders of those fan sites or volunteers who could lead the promotion of the Petition in their own sites.

2. Guilds
I understand there are a lot of guildmasters, co-gms and guild officers who are members of this Forums. If the guilds support the ideas of the Petition, these leaders will be in the frontline of the guild in promoting and signing the Petition, because leaders have the power to direct the guild members. It would be great if there are volunteers who could become representatives to pass along to the gm/co-gm/officers, if the leaders are not represented in this Forums. These volunteers will also become spokespeople in-game, because there are a lot of players/guildies who are not members of any fan site/forum or Facebook.

3. Facebook
FB is a powerful media to promote this Petition. I notice there are a lot of players who are very active on FB and do not join/being inactive on fan site/forum. I believe we might have found a leader in FB promotion, however, it is still great to have volunteers to disperse the idea and invitation to participate in this Petition.

If any of you are willing to be a volunteer, please state your availability here on this thread, so that you can be contacted in time.

Like I've stated above, I would much like to be involved. I'm not a creative media person but I'm a great writer and I would also be willing to help get the word out or get anyone coffee..! Anything else needed, I will try to do as well- (as long as it doesn't involve making videos :)).

Count me in. I'm glad I came and read this thread today, because a couple of weeks ago I also thought we should start a petition to save Potco. I also thought about the GM factor, if GMs provided the names of their guildies who were in favor of this then we could add their names to the petition. As gm of Masters and Skulls I'm getting my list of guildies ready and the faster we move the quicker we can help save Potco. It's like when our ship is sinking we have to get on the repairs right away before we've lost the ship. Go team!
(the thought of a petition came to me when I saw so many people arguing about different issues here. There's a lot of people strong in their opinions and passionate about what they believe in, and if we all banded together, I thought we could do great things)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back