Revive Pirates of the Caribbean Online

THE REVIVE POTCO PETITION "was mentioned" in this article, ye pirates: :piratemickey:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-15/disney-sees-profit-from-jack-sparrow-playing-with-buzz.html

This article means that the reviving of POTCO has reached a level of national news somewhat, here in the US. :D
Thanks for sharing Shamus!
I think we should all send comments to the guy who wrote that article, for more attention. Maybe WE would be the focus of an article of his, other than a mention of a game that someone was critical of.
This was the last line of the article:

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Anthony Palazzo at apalazzo@bloomberg.net

FORUM MEMBERS:
Let's send Anthony Palazzo some great feedback on the game (not complaints), and say you are a Revive Potco Petition-signer. Maybe we will get our voices heard more by doing this!! You never know until you try! ;)

Thanks for sharing Shamus!
I think we should all send comments to the guy who wrote that article, for more attention. Maybe WE would be the focus of an article of his, other than a mention of a game that someone was critical of.
This was the last line of the article:

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Anthony Palazzo at apalazzo@bloomberg.net

FORUM MEMBERS:
Let's send Anthony Palazzo some great feedback on the game (not complaints), and say you are a Revive Potco Petition-signer. Maybe we will get our voices heard more by doing this!! You never know until you try! ;)

Let's try that Pie i like the sound of that :D

FYI, I've added the ability for non-Players to support the petition if they wish.
http://petition.revivepotco.org/support

Also Toontown live received its biggest update in over a year last week, with supposedly others planned for this year. TT and Pirates shared developers, and before this there was little evidence anyone was working on bringing updates to either game since April of last year.. so this could be good news. Thought it was interesting anyways..

FYI, I've added the ability for non-Players to support the petition if they wish.
http://petition.revivepotco.org/support

Also Toontown live received its biggest update in over a year last week, with supposedly others planned for this year. TT and Pirates shared developers, and before this there was little evidence anyone was working on bringing updates to either game since April of last year.. so this could be good news. Thought it was interesting anyways..
Its "biggest" update was pretty much the only update in over a year, (besides maintenance) and it wasn't very impressive in my opinion. The update lounged around on test since January 10, 2012, (with a few other minor changes that weren't added) and in that time span the only notable difference, to players, is an icon.

On an unrelated note, the playground "owners," on one test server are still running around in their Halloween costumes to this day. This same test server is very glitchy, and has crippling lag, that no one seems to know the source of.

But, it is a step in the right direction. They say, they have much planned for this year. There have been findings in the Phase files that suggest new things still in development. So, as usual, we're stuck waiting it out. Keep signing, and hope for the best!

(Kinda random information, but...)

The other changes were added, just not noted by Disney so far. The other changes make for a fairly impressive update, in my opinion.
  • Toons run faster
  • Updated ToonTasks
  • Street MAPS
  • 12000 JB jar
  • Faster reward screens
  • Option to skip reward screens
  • 4->6 tasks at once
  • Faster healing
  • Misc bugs/crashes fixed
I do play on TT test and am aware of its issues, but I would think the test servers are their last priority at this point. Not long before that update, test toons were wiped completely, and all old testers (including me and some friends) lost their old test toons. I wouldn't count on a test server to be well-maintained and playable anymore.

The other changes were added, just not noted by Disney so far. The other changes make for a fairly impressive update, in my opinion.
  • Toons run faster
  • Updated ToonTasks
  • Street MAPS
  • 12000 JB jar
  • Faster reward screens
  • Option to skip reward screens
  • 4->6 tasks at once
  • Faster healing
  • Misc bugs/crashes fixed
I do play on TT test and am aware of its issues, but I would think the test servers are their last priority at this point. Not long before that update, test toons were wiped completely, and all old testers (including me and some friends) lost their old test toons. I wouldn't count on a test server to be well-maintained and playable anymore.

On live for me the only thing added was maps. There was nothing else, which by now may have been changed but when I last played all they had did was added street maps and numbered the tasks. Everything else remained the same, and everyone had thought the only updates were added too. I'll have to check again.... :confused:

That's actually what I thought at first too, but when I said that I was told that they actually released everything and only mentioned MAPS in the notes. You're probably right, it made sense to me that they'd roll out the update slowly anyways so it looks like they're updating more often..

This is a little off-topic (& I apologize for some of the 'gore') but I would like to add this video here as a means 2 remind everyone that there are "no" second chances. :eek:
Seize the moment!!!
wow you would do that shamus x: lol :popcorn:this me smiling about the petition :D this angry about the people who hate the petition :cursing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back