Sea of Thieves MMORPG 2016

A lil more info

Rare, the developers of this game mad Conkers Bad Fur Day(really funny game though not appropriate at all)! They were made Jet Force Gemini and Star Fox Adventures, Banjo-Kazooie and Golden Eye 007. Also, they did the 97 version of Sid Meiers Pirates.

Now, more on the game. They do tend to make there games more cartoony, and they're using the Unreal Engine 4 to develop this game!!!!

Looks nice, although I have to ask... Why does it seem that most "pirate" type games have this cartoony art style? It honestly is kinda a turn off for me. :confused:

I like it though, while realistic sea combat and sailing vis a vis Naval Action and Blackwake look fabulous, the complexities of actually controlling those ships put me off wanting to play those games.

Hmm, interesting. I for one like the cartoony style, although I'm not a fan of the first person perspective. I like being able to see myself while I play, although I guess first person reduces the need for clothing/accessory options. The graphics are amazing but will probably take up a nice chunk of storage, along with some high system resource requirements. I would love to see more of this game whenever available.

Anyone know if this will be PvE with a PvP system, or vise versa?

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. I for one like the cartoony style, although I'm not a fan of the first person perspective. I like being able to see myself while I play, although I guess first person reduces the need for clothing/accessory options. The graphics are amazing but will probably take up a nice chunk of storage, along with some high system resource requirements. I would love to see more of this game whenever available.

Anyone know if this will be PvE with a PvP system, or vise versa?

There is a reddit now where questions are being asked, but the best thing is probably to sign up to the website for updates.

http://www.seaofthieves.com/

It looks way too cartoony and bright for my taste, as well as pretty childish, imo. Shouldn't a Pirate game with actual combat and Piratey-ness be more...I don't know...sinister? Dark? Foreboding? Actually have bloodthirsty Pirates?

PotCO had the kiddish atmosphere to it, this doesnt as much
True, but judging from the trailer and main site, this game seems even more childish, like they're gearing it towards a young audience, and it's extremely bright and colorful, not in the Skyrim way, either.
"Make and break your pirate’s code" <<<Now that just makes me mad :cursing::furious::blowup:

Back