Sea of Thieves MMORPG 2016

I like Sea of Thieves but... my one complaint about it is the fact that you can motion sickness after playing for too long or even a little while especially when you're sailing during a storm. Anyone find a way around their motion sickness? It's weird because I never have had motion sickness with a game before (in recent memory at least).
I know it’s that great

Figured I would pop in here and drop my gamertag, in case you all are still looking for crew mates. My GT is LesPaulObsessor, I play on PC. I'm usually crewed with a group of friends, but if I'm not, I'm always happy to make new allies

Last edited:
I paid the bucks for Sea of Thieves and now can see me not playing much down the road. It needs to be FTP at start, of course with restrictions, so players could test if they want to spend the money - but that's just me.

Anyway, what this game does have is amazing graphics! If TLOPO could bring their graphics up to par with SOT, that would be absolutely amazing. TLOPO has the better storyline by far, better character customization and better weapon choices and varied enemy.

Don't get me wrong, SOT is very exciting the first few days but then becomes extremely tedious and, yes, seasickening (I get a bit green after sea battles, particularly in bad weather, haha). Not to say TLOPo doesn't have its tedious moments, it certainly does (uh-hemm, weapon level grinding) but that doesn't stop me from lamenting its loss back in the day, being excited about its return and coming back to create new pirates time after time. I don't think I will do that with Sea of Thieves.

For me, the only thing SoT ranks higher in, imo, is much, much better graphics.

Just my opinion, so not important :p

I paid the bucks for Sea of Thieves and now can see me not playing much down the road. It needs to be FTP at start, of course with restrictions, so players could test if they want to spend the money - but that's just me.

Anyway, what this game does have is amazing graphics! If TLOPO could bring their graphics up to par with SOT, that would be absolutely amazing. TLOPO has the better storyline by far, better character customization and better weapon choices and varied enemy.

Don't get me wrong, SOT is very exciting the first few days but then becomes extremely tedious and, yes, seasickening (I get a bit green after sea battles, particularly in bad weather, haha). Not to say TLOPo doesn't have its tedious moments, it certainly does (uh-hemm, weapon level grinding) but that doesn't stop me from lamenting its loss back in the day, being excited about its return and coming back to create new pirates time after time. I don't think I will do that with Sea of Thieves.

I've sank a good bit of time into Sea of Thieves since release, personally, and love almost all things about it. I dislike the "always PvP" only because of the lack of matchmaking. The other night, I was a solo sloop captain, in a server with (yes I counted) 4 Galleon crews, and was pestered by 3 of them. What draws me to Sea of Thieves, is the immensely fun sailing. The crew has to work like a well oiled-machine, or the everyone aboard suffers. From adjusting sails, to manning the anchor, standing lookout on the crow's nest, even to piloting the helm of a large, gorgeous, galleon. The sense of camaraderie and fulfillment when a ship is rigged right, and operating at peak efficiency, is amazing. Being someone who loves the sailing in TLOPO, I naturally gravitated towards Sea of Thieves, and whilst there are attributes I really don't like, one thing it does much better (in my own opinion) than TLOPO, is the sailing. I'm in love with all the sailing mechanics in Sea of Thieves. Downing tankards of grog with the crew, searching for buried treasure, and being a pirate is all fun, yeah, but, the game shines with its sailing. I could lose myself in the sailing of that game. Again though, like you, that's just my opinion! :)

I mean you can sign up for an xbox game pass trial and play for free for 14 days and it's $15/m if you decide to keep the subscription to game pass

Back