Sea of Thieves MMORPG 2016

Is this game catered to solo players even though this is an MMORPG?

I'll just add to this that Rare definitely want to include options and mechanics that cater to players who want to play solo including a solo ship - as encounters with enemy ships are currently meant to be an 'occasion' and the world is pretty large I'm fairly sure it would be plausible to play solo.

Just adding in here that if you've received an invite to the Alpha playtests you can also play for every subsequent session including the Wednesday ones which run regularly from 7 - 10 pm BST - I know the time isn't great for those in the US but now and then 24 hour sessions are run as well.

Keep yer eyes peeled!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/

It doesn't look bad, but one question: Is Mood Rock, or any color changing rock for that matter, going to be present?

EDIT: Seeing how nobody has answered this question yet:
00.gif

Last edited:
Does it look like it will be out this year? Did it make it to PC?
It will come out March 20th. It is on PC as well as long as you have W10 as part of the "Xbox Play Anywhere". (Xbox Play Anywhere is Microsoft's incentive for gamers to go to 10 since you can then play games you have on Xbox on your W10 PC or even crossplay like you can in Sea of Thieves.)

Well, after watching any videos of this game many times, I've come to a few conclusions.
It's beautiful in a Far Cry way. Great graphics.
I'm not interested and here's why:
It looks based on the Team Fortress engine or similar and the play is literally the same. To me it's a team fortress knockoff only this time it's pirates and ships. Nothing wrong with fortress, just I'm not into twitch trigger games. Everything is hurry up and run with your loot back to your island to sell it.
The ship sailing was beautiful, but weird. I loved the damage graphics but not the cut scene looking switch and water aiming thing.

This may turn on many folks, but tlopo and this are two different games. This is my own opinion and I'm biased toward open world lay back games like tlopo seem to be like to me.

Now if the tlopo crew can get into todays game engines and look like 'thieves' but keep the mechanisms and game play the same, I would gladly buy tlopo and or pay a subscription and tlopo would have a permanent home on my computer.

It does now, even in beta.

I like Sea of Thieves but... my one complaint about it is the fact that you can motion sickness after playing for too long or even a little while especially when you're sailing during a storm. Anyone find a way around their motion sickness? It's weird because I never have had motion sickness with a game before (in recent memory at least).

Back