Sea of Thieves MMORPG 2016

What I like about being notified about this game so early, is that we have a chance to really contribute and shape the development of it.

If the release date is 'Holiday 2016' then there's a fair amount of work yet to be done on it. That whole list of things we wrote ad infinitum about what we wanted Potco to be, what PotBS doesn't have, how we would like to play ~ we can now make those suggestions and there's a possibility they'll be listened to.

The shadowing in this game looks really good, makes it feel more realistic even though it has a cartoony style to it. I'm very interested of what progress on this game will bring in time. :excited:

It looks to me as if this game is our only chance of a triple A pirate game so I assume the community will be getting it, the thing is will we be getting it for windows 10? Or Xbox One? ( I can do Either).

I personally noticed this about a week ago. It looks very promising. It's definitely got my attention. :D

It looks to me as if this game is our only chance of a triple A pirate game so I assume the community will be getting it, the thing is will we be getting it for windows 10? Or Xbox One? ( I can do Either).
I bet that Microsoft is gonna look to make this game cross plat between the 2, which would be boss!

Shiver me timbers, ye pirates!

In addition to the "official" Sea of Thieves website, Twitter, Twitter (official), Facebook, and reddit please subscribe or bookmark the leading YouTube channel below for exciting news, engaging videos, &/or thought-provoking inquiries & discussions devoted completely towards Sea of Thieves progress and expected game-play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFc_dz4EQ0GC2X6nF13Z8FA/videos

Lively now, ye lads & lasses! Yer new adventure be a league (or two) away.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, looking forward to reading your posts and any smatterings of hints, clues or scraps of treasure maps you might be tempted to leave us. We're a bunch of shipless pirates marooned without a home at the moment, so we'd be happy to collect any flotsam.

Shiver me timbers, ye pirates!

In addition to the "official" Sea of Thieves website, Twitter, Facebook, and reddit please subscribe or bookmark the leading YouTube channel below for exciting news, engaging videos, &/or thought-provoking inquiries & discussions devoted completely towards Sea of Thieves progress and expected game-play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFc_dz4EQ0GC2X6nF13Z8FA/videos

Lively now, ye lads & lasses! Yer new adventure be a league (or two) away.

i heard it was a "shared world." what's the diff between that and mmo?
(http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/28/microsoft-exec-offers-sea-of-thieves-gameplay-hints)

my primary curiosity lies in who's the target audience? the rating is still pending but the box says, "May contain content inappropriate for children." What would the ingame chat be like and to what level of debauchery will players be able to do ingame? Would there even be a forum for it like LOTRO and SWTOR? Because what keeps on coming to mind is POTCO and we want to protect the children; for my understanding, that's the reason why Disney didn't create a forums for the game themselves -- chat blocker was just a sub-cat to that.

The more your know, @Sea of Thieves, as the time comes, could you reaffirm it here?

With lesson learned from POTCO and life being better off now, if I can support a game -- within reason -- I will. I don't want another good pirate game to go off dying in the night.

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear more of this..... '"I think with Sea of Thieves, what you're really going to see as you find out more about the game is that it's also about allowing people to create their own gaming memories" he said (Kudo Tsunodo). "It's about enabling people to create their own stories through limitless possibilities, and I think that's what Rare has always done a great job of historically; it is great at creating these super emotional memories and attachments that people have to games.'

Potco was always a place where pirates made their own stories and games within the game, roleplaying or pvp/svs competitions and storytime to name a few.

Back