Announcement The First Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright to lead into my favorite toy I received I have to start with what transpired Christmas Eve-Day
Alright so every year I got to open a toy up, leave cookies for Santa, then I would read The Night Before Christmas... And then my dad's old Charlie Brown books till I fell asleep. Well I woke up around 5 Am and decided to do a little recon on the whole did Santa drop in situation. Sooo I sneak down my Grandparents stairs and look around the corner into the living room, granted it's dark and I can barely see anything besides the outside Christmas lights. We'll I see something big in the corner that kind of looked like the front of a sleigh apparently (again guys I was 4) or another bigger object... So I immediately run down to my grandparents room and woke my grandma up to come take a look. She of course told me I might be right and sent me back to my room to let Santa finish whatever he might be up to. I woke up around 730 and ran back down to check out what the deal was in the living room and it was a gigantic wrapped present! After opening all the presents it was a present for my parents... Anddd it was a stationary workout bike lol call it an overactive imagination... Is what it is :hobbyhorse:
The best present I ever received was that year because it was when I got all my equipment and found out I'd be starting hockey in January... The best toy on the other hand was probably the different versions of Monopoly I got every year... It's my favorite game... And I honestly have like 20 different versions lol

My first toy I really enjoyed as a kid was a stuffed toy, Grover from Sesame Street. Although his head kept getting ripped off I enjoyed him very much. Grey stuffing leaked from his neck and repairs were made daily but none the less something so simple made me happy :D

So I'm a huge football fan, and so when I was like 8 years old - my brother got me a set of mini NFL helmets, one for each team.
I loved them to death, I would always play with them and set up scenarios between two teams and throw them at each other like they were tackling. It was so much fun! :D

When i was little i had like a little group of stuffed animals i always played with but my favorite was this little monkey that was multicolored with green yellow orange and red and had a yellow face and feet. Idk why i liked him so much. I also liked legos

Oh gosh, I had so many. I remember having a huge model train (HO scale) set in the basement. Dad and I would spend hours putting together little models we would get from the hobby shop down the road to add to the set. It was so fun building our own little city and watching the trains go around.

Another favorite were RC cars. I remember my first being the Bigfoot monster truck. Dad also had his own RC car as well - a red Jeep Wrangler (hmm, I have an actual one now) - but I would always try to smash into his. Needless to say my monster truck didn't last very long LOL.

Oh wow you guys are getting personal now. When I was a toddler, my aunt gave to me a collar made of mink. It had a faux mink head but the fur was real. The head had a clip and you wrapped the collar around your neck and the head clipped on to a small black fur tail. I called it "Ratty Rat Rat" and I didn't go anywhere without it... until one day I was shopping with a friend's family. I left my precious Ratty Rat Rat in the store. By the time I remembered it, it was too late. The family was not willing to go back and look. My precious comfort was gone.

It looked a lot like this:
972b532255307b0bf5c7d743851f0948.png

Soooo if you found something like this a few decades ago in the Birmingham, Alabama area, I'd love to have it back <3

Lessons are sometimes learned the hard way.

~Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back