Announcement The First Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those buildable train sets. Loved those, where you put the tracks together, and the train ran on it. Ah, good times. Good times.

Oh gosh, I had so many. I remember having a huge model train (HO scale) set in the basement. Dad and I would spend hours putting together little models we would get from the hobby shop down the road to add to the set. It was so fun building our own little city and watching the trains go around.

Another favorite were RC cars. I remember my first being the Bigfoot monster truck. Dad also had his own RC car as well - a red Jeep Wrangler (hmm, I have an actual one now) - but I would always try to smash into his. Needless to say my monster truck didn't last very long LOL.
My brothers and I also had HO scale train sets! We eventually combined them into one big one in the basement and put them on 2 4ft.x8ft. tables :) But then we moved and they are currently in bins in the basement. We don't have as much room in the new house lol.

One of my favorite trains that I had was the Big Boy 4-8-8-4 Locomotive... even if it barely fit around the track lol. We loved to have tug-o-wars with our trains, and Big Boy usually won :p

Oh and as for the talk of the kid sized Jeep Wrangler, we had a red one of those too haha, and a red Chevy Corvette one. But...
eventually they stopped working so we stripped the motor out of them and pulled them behind the four wheeler lol. Yes, there were times where we rolled one over in the process of doing it. But we had fun risking our lives so it was worth it :p Oh, and we wore helmets!!

Legos, well uh more like MegaBloks. I never really just sat around and played with any old legos when I was a kid. I absolutely loved Halo and its franchise (still do) and when I saw that MegaBloks sold different sets based around Halo I started collecting what is now probably 2000$ worth of lego sets (built) lining the walls of my room. I'm still collecting them as well! I found enjoyment somehow from sitting around for hours and hours just building them to the sometimes insanely large structures and vehicles!

Edit: I also seem to be missing the Pirates Forums 6th anniversary badge can anyone help with this?

Much like many others in this thread, I played with Legos (specifically a LOT of Star Wars ones) and things like them. I also loved playing Runescape (which I still do from time to time). It was basically these two things that built my childhood. So many fond memories of both...

My favorite toy growing up was and electric train set in the 1950's early 1960's. It had exposed electric wires that I attached to the metal tracks and a black metal power box with a red metal power lever that I also attached the wires to. I learned to appreciate electricity early and it didn't take twice to teach me. My parents didn't think twice about me setting it up and playing with it. I spent hours upon hours with this train set. I wish I had it today. Merry Christmas everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back