Discussion The Immense Frustration of Hollowed Woods 2018

I've stated this elsewhere, but I thought considering the entire point of the original post by @Beggar, I should address a standing to this.

The Legendaries for the Hollowed Woods are groundbreaking. These new Legendaries are not only versions of weapons the community has longing to see as Legendary status (Say.. the Dagger and Voodoo Doll), but I don't think the weapons were a well-conceived idea in that the community is Limited into hunting them now.

The problem with time-sensitive items in most MMORPGs (Not just TLOPO/POTCO) is that they create an urgency for people to Login. That isn't to say some time-sensitive content such as Hollowed Woods as a whole or the Bones weren't a good idea, but the exclusivity that exists to keep the event fresh couldn't have been put in at a crummier time.

I personally do not believe that the weapons should have been released as additional content, especially considering how far we are into the event, disregarding it's original departure date. Personally? I would've rather they saved the new Legendaries until the rerelease of the event next year, at the start. With the current algorithm to Loot-based content in TLOPO, obtaining one of the Legendary weapons for a player who doesn't have 8+ Hours per day to loot already causes an uproar, but when there are four of them atop of pre-existing Legendaries? No thank you.

(Also, on a sidenote, TLOPO Devs, if you check this post out for any reason at all, please consider removing El Patron's & Silver Freeze from event loot tables. Thanks.)

I'm not sure I follow this argument. I don't have to ignore HOP's presence because HOP isn't present. These four new weapons will be in the game year round, even if they aren't always lootable.
So, you are frustrated because someone else got it and you may have to wait for up to 10 months for your next opportunity to possibly get it? Rofl, no sportsmanship... It's a challenge and you appear to want none of it; as Crush often says, savor it.

So, you are frustrated because someone else got it and you may have to wait for up to 10 months for your next opportunity to possibly get it? Rofl, no sportsmanship... It's a challenge and you appear to want none of it; as Crush often says, savor it.
That's not what I said. Is it not enough to want a weapon just because it exists, and I like the idea of having it?

It seems like they did this because the watcher and dry rot were pointless to loot at and since a legendary is the most valued thing on this game they knew people would loot them. Now it does suck that these legendaries will only be available once a year to loot but I feel like that helps make these legendaries actual legendaries in sense that they're rare instead of seeing a bunch of players having them like world eater, thunderspine, etc.

It seems like they did this because the watcher and dry rot were pointless to loot at and since a legendary is the most valued thing on this game they knew people would loot them. Now it does suck that these legendaries will only be available once a year to loot but I feel like that helps make these legendaries actual legendaries in sense that they're rare instead of seeing a bunch of players having them like world eater, thunderspine, etc.

A legit point on The Watcher, considering how lethal she is compared to other bosses for little reward by comparison before. At least with Rot or Bobby, they could more easily be farmed for bones.

Two of the four weapons are the only known legendaries of their class. There's no substitute for them that can be acquired anywhere else in the game. No one was upset about season-exclusive grenade reskins or outfits because those items don't radically change the dynamics of looting. The presence of a legendary voodoo doll and dagger does.

For an incredibly large portion of this game's players, weapon collection is the game. Adding four weapons that can only be acquired within a bitingly thin time constraint is effectively a slap in the face to how they play the game. Like I said, if you get an El Patron at Jimmy Legs, it's no big deal. You can keep fighting him until you get what you're really after. If you get an El Patron at The Watcher, that could be it. You'll have to wait an entire year to get another chance. So here's the question - for whom does that dynamic make the game more fun?
For an incredibly large portion of this game's players, weapon collection is the game.
I'm fairly confident you got that first part of your sentence backwards.

Also, I think everyones idea of what is fun is subjective and have their own type of fun with this game.

Last edited:
https://tlopo.com/releases/
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 4.39.43 PM.png

Well done, all. This is how feedback should work. I'm delighted that we had this opportunity to help improve the game for everybody. And a special thank you goes to the TLOPO team for having the patience and understanding to hear us out.
Beggar, don't you dare say anything about nerfing the Levi.

Oh, he's planning on it.
screenshot_2018-09-09_20-17-14-jpg.108968
So many of you guys are good at photoshopping these screens, I can never tell originals any more. For example, when it says 'attuned' that is only showing on that persons screen I believe, and yet that bones guy does not show up on the right under attuned for whoever took this screeny. IDK anymore.

So many of you guys are good at photoshopping these screens, I can never tell originals any more. For example, when it says 'attuned' that is only showing on that persons screen I believe, and yet that bones guy does not show up on the right under attuned for whoever took this screeny. IDK anymore.
I've seen him using the sword countless times. Plus, he wouldn't forge a picture like this. As much as you put down "elootists", there's a sense of honesty among us.

Back