The Legend of Pirates Online, an ongoing POTCO recreation.

But they sure have accounts on at least one of those forums.^^^

Some of them may, yes. I know that Mike Wass created an account on one of them AFTER someone came on the TLOPO IRC chat posing as John Foulroberts. Mike thought it would be smart to make sure no one tried to impersonate him on that fansite.

Regardless, the fansites are NOT run by TLOPO devs. They are NOT paid for by TLOPO devs. AND Wilee's fansite was created before he was let go from the TLOPO dev team.

Point is, TLOPO does NOT have an official forums, only an official website.

Sorry just to hop in this thread out of nowhere,but why is it that when ever an emulator/recreation progress starts,some people try to cause trouble?Like faking being mods and demanding pay and ddosing the website.
Simply put, being online provides everyone a certain level of anonymity. (People need to be aware that these things will in fact happen because the nature of the beast is to do what you can at the expense of someone else).

Basically, if such things like this occurred during POTCO's time why should we think today would be any different? :confused: It's quite sad, really.

Yo dawg, no offense, but that is just so low man.
He's right. A game that accepts no donations can't withhold thousands of users anyways. They should definitely put restrictions on who can play. For example, someone who makes profanic Youtube videos, and posts recordings of himself vandalizing the POTCO MC server and trolling the another remake/TLOPO chatroom(s) should definitely not be allowed to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's right. A game that accepts no donations can't withhold thousands of users anyways. They should definitely but restrictions on who can play. For example, someone who makes profanic Youtube videos, and posts recordings of himself vandalizing the POTCO MC server and trolling the another remake/TLOPO chatroom(s) should definitely not be allowed to play.
k

Should not be allowed to play alpha/beta or full release?Because if you mean full release that is completely unfair and probably wont be the case.
He's referring specifically to POTCO MC (and I suggest this 'topic' be dropped as quickly as it begun as this thread is specifically about TLOPO).

Oh please. Everyone should be allowed to play TLOPO. Only actions done in-game should effect your ability to play. I'm sure if players break the rules in game they will be banned. If you go over to the IRC the rules are quite strict. I wouldn't worry about it... If anything I would worry about them being too proactive on banning people.

From playing mount and blade warband (great game btw I recommend it as a game to wait for potco to come out) what happens if a troll gets you banned? Like if he reports you for something you didn't even do? It happened to me once before on pirates online (and believe me I'm not a troll I like to roleplay on the game) I walked up to a guy and said "want to join my crew?" And then he said "bothering me, reported" and sure enough a 1 day ban came along with it. So I'm just wondering how will you be handling the reporting system?

From playing mount and blade warband (great game btw I recommend it as a game to wait for potco to come out) what happens if a troll gets you banned? Like if he reports you for something you didn't even do? It happened to me once before on pirates online (and believe me I'm not a troll I like to roleplay on the game) I walked up to a guy and said "want to join my crew?" And then he said "bothering me, reported" and sure enough a 1 day ban came along with it. So I'm just wondering how will you be handling the reporting system?
That shouldn't happen.I got ban only once for 3 days on potco for saying "mmmm".But let's say i deserved it..and you got it for no reason.

That shouldn't happen.I got ban only once for 3 days on potco for saying "mmmm".But let's say i deserved it..and you got it for no reason.
One time I accidentally left out the r in the word "shirts" and a popup came onto my screen angrily telling me to watch my language... >_>

He's right. A game that accepts no donations can't withhold thousands of users anyways. They should definitely put restrictions on who can play. For example, someone who makes profanic Youtube videos, and posts recordings of himself vandalizing the POTCO MC server and trolling the another remake/TLOPO chatroom(s) should definitely not be allowed to play.
Anyway, this is all up to the developers to decide, but I don't know how you could possibly track what somebody does outside a game, link that account to their game account, and then ban or take other action on that game account. Even if you tracked by IP address, what if it was someone's sibling that did it? You wouldn't know if somebody had an older brother who was doing those things, but the younger brother was playing TLOPO.

...Anyway, this is all up to the developers to decide, but I don't know how you could possibly track what somebody does outside a game, link that account to their game account, and then ban or take other action on that game account. Even if you tracked by IP address, what if it was someone's sibling that did it? You wouldn't know if somebody had an older brother who was doing those things, but the younger brother was playing TLOPO.
Just to inform you, this happens all the time online. All it takes is an malicious URL link sent to someone with that link embedded with a (RAT) key logger virus. Then, what ever information that individual has on his/her own computer is often taken and used against them for malicious purposes (regardless of if that specific information belongs to them or his/her own family members).

I'm going off-topic here and I am in no way implying that this will happen to people whom do play a POTCO-related emulator. I'm just saying that such things have been done in the past and that it's quite easy for someone's own information to be "hijacked" (yes, even specific 'gaming' accounts).

Oh please. Everyone should be allowed to play TLOPO. Only actions done in-game should effect your ability to play. I'm sure if players break the rules in game they will be banned. If you go over to the IRC the rules are quite strict. I wouldn't worry about it... If anything I would worry about them being too proactive on banning people.

Everyone can be allowed to play TLOPO but not everyone actually should. You've been here long enough to know that some of these people are going to do nothing but try their hardest to make TLOPO anything but the fun experience that I'm sure that everyone is hoping for so I was curious as to how they planned on handling such characters. I wasn't trying to say "omg we need 2 start banning people from TLOPO 4 stuff they did on POTCO!!! ERMIGERD!!!!".

Yo dawg, no offense, but that is just so low man.
:facepalm:

Last edited:
10346368_582946298473170_5295886900396123242_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PotcoMemories

Everyone can be allowed to play TLOPO but not everyone actually should. You've been here long enough to know that some of these people are going to do nothing but try their hardest to make TLOPO anything but the fun experience that I'm sure that everyone is hoping for so I was curious as to how they planned on handling such characters. I wasn't trying to say "omg we need 2 start banning people 4 stuff they did on POTCO from TLOPO!!! ERMIGERD!!!!".
I still standby what I said. Every human, whether we would like to admit or not, acts differently depending on who they are with, their setting, how they are feeling, etc etc. Those who make trouble on TLOPO should be banned accordingly. Those who create trouble elsewhere, should not be banned. If it were the case that people should be banned based on their actions ANYWHERE, well then I have quite a few chat logs to be sending.

I still standby what I said. Every human, whether we would like to admit or not, acts differently depending on who they are with, their setting, how they are feeling, etc etc. Those who make trouble on TLOPO should be banned accordingly. Those who create trouble elsewhere, should not be banned. If it were the case that people should be banned based on their actions ANYWHERE, well then I have quite a few chat logs to be sending.
^

Back