The Legend of Pirates Online, an ongoing POTCO recreation.

but some of you past alpha testers and developers can admit not everyone should be let into alpa or beta of a game. those phases are for the quality control and constructive criticism of a product before it's release as to the public as a completed piece of work. that is a responsible of which only a few can handle.

from my understanding, most of those who are hounding ppl for keys or complaining about limited early access are those who just want to play anything resembling potco without total regard to quality, and perhaps, a demo would satisfy their lust/fix.

Last edited:
I still standby what I said. Every human, whether we would like to admit or not, acts differently depending on who they are with, their setting, how they are feeling, etc etc. Those who make trouble on TLOPO should be banned accordingly. Those who create trouble elsewhere, should not be banned. If it were the case that people should be banned based on their actions ANYWHERE, well then I have quite a few chat logs to be sending.
You and I obviously have differing opinions on how things should go and shouldn't go so I'd rather not play tug o' war about how we should treat people who have previous grievances with the POTCO community but instead move onto what the plan is for dealing with people who do end up getting banned on TLOPO. What if a banned member becomes frustrated due to what he considers an "unfair ban" and starts making multiple accounts or taking friends' accounts for no other purpose then to troll and be a general pain in the rumpus bumpus to other players and staff?

You and I both know of people who are guilty of having done this in the past, which are the exact same people I would like to see denied an opportunity to do so again in TLOPO, but I digress from the discussion I really wanted to have.

My personal opinion would be to ban this person and continue banning each account he gets from a friend or steals since I believe each account is in my opinion the responsibility of its' owner so if the original account owner willingly gave out their account to someone or had it stolen by someone, who used it for bannable reasons, than that account deserves the punishment for its' account by the person using it. Now do I believe the original owners' account should be permanently banned and receive no opportunity of repentance? Of course not but I would need proof that it wasn't them and that it was instead their friend, who abused their trust and their account, so that I know I'm not letting another person willing to cause even more grief back onto the server.

I tried to make this as clear as possible but I'm afraid my grammar and English betray me in allowing me to come across clearly so please feel free to nitpick and allow me to further explain any part you feel is poorly written or clarified.

great contribution to the discussion, man.

but some of you past alpha testers and developers can admit not everyone should be let into alpa or beta of a game. those phases are for the quality control and constructive criticism of a product before it's release as to the public as a completed piece of work. that is a responsible of which only a few can handle.

from my understanding, most of those who are hounding ppl for keys or complaining about limited early access are those who just want to play anything resembling potco without total regard to quality, and perhaps, a demo would satisfy their lust/fix.

My original post was more directed towards full-release but it is true that they are looking for only certain players to test the game but you pretty much answered your own discussion in the same post and that is they're looking for certain players with technical know-how to actually help test the game instead of a bunch of people, who would I think, just run around and enjoy the nostalgia of playing POTC again. As for players whining about how they can't get a key or how limited early access is that everyone has to grow up someday and realize not everyone gets what they want.

Last edited:
He's right. A game that accepts no donations can't withhold thousands of users anyways. They should definitely put restrictions on who can play. For example, someone who makes profanic Youtube videos, and posts recordings of himself vandalizing the POTCO MC server and trolling the another remake/TLOPO chatroom(s) should definitely not be allowed to play.
That just made my day ROFL

I sure hope that the TLOPO developers do stay professional as they have been so far. If someone makes a post on a fansite, or a chat somewhere either against or for that game, it shouldn't affect them in the game. If you are being harassed or having an "unfun" experience, I do think they plan to re-implement the ignore button and you can do just that. In my personal opinion, they should run this just the same as a regular game and only ban people for breaking their rules or messing with game play. If someone gets into an argument or creates drama it is up to the individual being bothered by it to just ignore them and continue playing their game.

Hey there,

I was curious as to what your plans are for moderating your game? As you've already seen from these forums and your newly hosted one, not everyone should be allowed to play on TLOPO and I was wondering as to how you planned on handling these less than pleasant folks.
Everyone should be allowed to play the game. Im pretty sure there won't be any hacking at all. Why would someone hack people's accounts? Our characters will look the same (Old/New bodies). This was the main reason why people used to trade/hack accounts (except the unlimited access thing). The game will be free to play and our characters will look the same, there is really nothing to hack (not talking about the python program/files editing which can be easily solved). Some people will use autoclickers, but this is easy to solve too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should be allowed to play the game. Im pretty sure there won't be any hacking at all. Why would someone hack people's accounts? Our characters will look the same (Old/New bodies). This was the main reason why people used to trade/hack accounts (except the unlimited access thing). The game will be free to play and our characters will look the same, there is really nothing to hack (not talking about the python program/files editing which can be easily solved). Some people will use autoclickers, but this is easy to solve too.
People would hack for anothers inventory

Support on POTCO didn't really help all that much lol... And how would you like it if, say, I hacked your pirate... which say... had WEB and Thunderspine and hundreds of hours put into it? You don't know for sure that ' support ' would help you. And if they did help you it would take a while. Not trying to target anyone, by the way... just saying yo.

Everyone can speculate all day long about how certain things will develop and also about how people will conduct themselves post-emulator or project full-launch. The truth of the matter is @Bart Gunshot, unruly things have continued to go on since POTCO's closure and soon enough we would have reached the two (2) year point-in-time since POTCO's direct closure.

Obviously, there still remains a lot of maturing for people to do before anyone can fully admit that someone's actions "outside of game" doesn't particularly matter in game because while both the setting and atmosphere is different you're talking about someone whom has the same motivations, bias, and/or intentions regardless of the fact that they're able to control it within one area but yet not another.

If people disagree with this, then I guess I can basically DOX whomever I want (posting their personal and family member info. on pastebin.com) while enjoying the company of my friends on the first POTCO emulator which achieves full-launch. After all, I am capable of living such a "double-life" online along with experiencing the FUN I do happen to create, aye? :confused:

*Conduct yourselves online (always) as if you and your best friend were the only two people, online. ~ It's as simple as that!

That didn't work too well on Potco, how do you know it will work on Tlopo?
In theory, it could work better. I'm sure there will be more than enough willing VOLUNTEERS, to work that kind of service. TLOPO will have a smaller player base as well, so more individual attention could be given. Also those running the game are community members who played POTCO, I would think they would have a bit more sympathy...

Of course this is only in theory.

That didn't work too well on Potco, how do you know it will work on Tlopo?
It was pretty easy to hack potco because of Disney, they never banned cheaters. I used a lot of things to make myself better at pvp, python, fast switch, no reload files and I never got banned (Im not the only one who used these) . This can be easily solved. It was possible to "hack" the game by editing the game files, you can't do this to other MMO games. Also, "the fast switch thing", you needed TSearch in order to get it to work, TSearch is just like Cheat Engine, you can change your money, reload speed, level, health, it doesn't even work for other MMO games because these are server sided and can't be done with memory (Potco had some of these server sided too, for example money, which would kinda ruin the game). Im surprised Disney never solved some of these. It was up to them.
Reilly, it was all up to them. It would take them 15 minutes to restore your whole inventory (if they're good at it). They can also check your ip logs to see if you're lying or not. Im not saying this because I support TLOPO, hackers or someone else. I won't be playing the game. So,Im just saying the truth..

... Also those running the game are community members who played POTCO, I would think they would have a bit more sympathy...

Of course this is only in theory.
My apologies for butting in here like this but who, exactly? :confused: The only TLOPO individuals whom have acknowledged in being past POTCO players are JDP, Dog Pugfish, Mike Wass, and Dean. Everyone else comes from TTO (with direct affiliations tied to TTI, TTH, TTF, TTN, etc.).

My apologies for butting in here like this but who, exactly? :confused: The only TLOPO individuals whom have acknowledged in being past POTCO players are JDP, Dog Pugfish, Mike Wass, and Dean. Everyone else comes from TTO (with direct affiliations tied to TTI, TTH, TTF, TTN, etc.).
Running, meaning those who are in charge of and or higher up in "command" which JDP is the group leader if I'm not mistaken, and Mike Wass is a large part of developmental progress, he may even have a leadership position. Reguardless, I was thinking of those two individuals when writing the post. And if I recall correctly TTO had similar, if not worse, issues to POTCO.

It was pretty easy to hack potco because of Disney, they never banned cheaters. I used a lot of things to make myself better at pvp, python, fast switch, no reload files and I never got banned (Im not the only one who used these) . This can be easily solved. It was possible to "hack" the game by editing the game files, you can't do this to other MMO games. Also, "the fast switch thing", you needed TSearch in order to get it to work, TSearch is just like Cheat Engine, you can change your money, reload speed, level, health, it doesn't even work for other MMO games because these are server sided and can't be done with memory (Potco had some of these server sided too, for example money, which would kinda ruin the game). Im surprised Disney never solved some of these. It was up to them.
Reilly, it was all up to them. It would take them 15 minutes to restore your whole inventory (if they're good at it). They can also check your ip logs to see if you're lying or not. Im not saying this because I support TLOPO, hackers or someone else. I won't be playing the game. So,Im just saying the truth..

I'm curious why won't you be playing if you are still interested in these discussions, TLOPO and was obviously very interested in the original POTCO? Please tell...:confused:
:pirate ship:

I'm curious why won't you be playing if you are still interested in these discussions, TLOPO and was obviously very interested in the original POTCO? Please tell...:confused:
:pirate ship:
I won't have enough free time to play potco and other games, my college starts soon, I have to work and study. So, I'll be busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back