Discussion The next step...

from your point of view, maybe, but form mine, is selling the seas on my ship sinking ships for fun
do not speak for the community of a whole
Then you are in the small minority of people who do nothing but sail. Even the developers of POTCO knew that the game was very looting intensive and wanted legendaries to be what people that hit level 50 strive for. They wanted the game to be grindy and time consuming so that people spent more money on membership. Just because the endgame in a game is one thing doesnt mean that whatever you do instead is the endgame. It may be your personal endgame but you are not working towards anything really.

Then you are in the small minority of people who do nothing but sail. Even the developers of POTCO knew that the game was very looting intensive and wanted legendaries to be what people that hit level 50 strive for. They wanted the game to be grindy and time consuming so that people spent more money on membership. Just because the endgame in a game is one thing doesnt mean that whatever you do instead is the endgame. It may be your personal endgame but you are not working towards anything really.

I agree, endgams is what you make it no one has control on what the endgame is. the end game could be, looting, sailing, PVP, SVS, even just playing black jack having max gold just cause! end game could be anything and Not Just One Thing.

I agree, endgams is what you make it no one has control on what the endgame is. the end game could be, looting, sailing, PVP, SVS, even just playing black jack having max gold just cause! end game could be anything and Not Just One Thing.
Yeah but the endgame goal is what the devs decide to make it when they make the game. You can have whatever goal you want but most games have an endgame programed in for players who are high level

Yeah but the endgame goal is what the devs decide to make it when they make the game. You can have whatever goal you want but most games have an endgame programed in for players who are high level
Ah, I see. so can you please link me to the post of the devs saying that the end game is looting and only looting?

Did they even have looting like this? I was under the impression that tlopo developed it much more than potco.

Did they even have looting like this? I was under the impression that tlopo developed it much more than potco.
POTCO was less looting heavy but it was probably the biggest mechanic of the game. But yeah, TLOPO is a lot more looting heavy due to all bosses and such and is easily the biggest mechanic of the game due to the shear number of people at bosses 24/7 and every gold room or south idol has people in it.

You know what we could do is limit the trade between players specifically to just one item per month.

Although I do like the mentioned of the "trading post".
But what I would do for the Trading post is limit the amount of Items put up for sale, let the Trading outpost be opened for a certain amount of time each day (2 hours Max), For items sold the value would be determined by rarity and the existing price.

1. Crude: XCost of Item 1-250

2. Common: XCost of Item price range 1-170k
(Note:The clothing can sometimes be dark black highly wanted)
3. Rare: XCost of Item price range 10k-240k
(Note: Dark black clothing highly wanted)
4. Rare (Cursed): XCost of Item price range 40k-70k

5. Famed: XCost of Item price range 150k-270k

6. Famed (Cursed): XCost of Item price range 270k-290k

7. Legendary (Any): XCost of Item is 300k Or higher depending if gold cap is raised.

Edit: I forgot to mention a few things. After a person has sold there items to the trade post the items will then be put on que. During that que the items get randomly selected to be sold.

Last edited:
You know what we could do is limit the trade between players specifically to just one item per month.

Although I do like the mentioned of the "trading post".
But what I would do for the Trading post is limit the amount of Items put up for sale, let the Trading outpost be opened for a certain amount of time each day (2 hours Max), For items sold the value would be determined by rarity and the existing price.

1. Crude: XCost of Item 1-250

2. Common: XCost of Item price range 1-170k
(Note:The clothing can sometimes be dark black highly wanted)
3. Rare: XCost of Item price range 10k-240k
(Note: Dark black clothing highly wanted)
4. Rare (Cursed): XCost of Item price range 40k-70k

5. Famed: XCost of Item price range 150k-270k

6. Famed (Cursed): XCost of Item price range 270k-290k

7. Legendary (Any): XCost of Item is 300k Or higher depending if gold cap is raised.
no thanks

Beating a dead horse at this point, but this is how Warframe's trading works
upload_2019-1-21_10-2-56.png

You can see what each side is going to get, and each side has to first say they they are ready to trade, and then each side has to accept the trade. In addition, only the higher leveled weapons and such, the "Prime" weapons and their components can be traded, as well as mods, "special" weapons from specific factions, etc. In exchange, you can either receive/use the games premium currency, "Platinum", or you can settle on another of the aforementioned items.

This is why we need a test server. They could create trading, implement it on the test server and see how it works. If it's garbage, remove it.

"No" on trading is my vote, the game is easy enough as it is. At lvl 46 I've sold more famed weps than I care to name. I have a ton of gold, a level 5 ship, maxed most of my skills and I've done the majority of it solo. (No disrespect to my guild who has helped me many times!) If you play long enough, you'll get an upgrade to whatever you're looking for. I guess my point is, how easy does the game have to be? Ship mats are the only real bottleneck I've ever encountered in game, but then again - as I said before - how easy do we really need it to be?

I'm not going to say trade is a good or bad idea, however this discussion is up to the community as it comes down to a vote-like decision as an assessment, however I will say Polls do provide more of a Exponential increase as yes than no, there will be negative opinions and good opinions. I'm no judge, no critic I'm just another player.

I don’t think trading should be that easy if it was implemented. To prevent lazy players from getting their guild master’s duplicates. Kinda ruins the game for those who work hard for it.

I think there should be something similar to the galactic trade network in Star Wars the Old Republic. The GTN allows players to sell their items for credits (in game currency), and as for safety, there is no way to be scammed. Once you put an item on the GTN, it is removed from your inventory until it is bought, or until the sell timer runs out. Which means you can’t scam anyone. Additionally, if you’re purchasing something, and someone else buys the item in question a few moments before you do, you get a full refund back from the GTN. So you can continue hunting for that item.

Items don’t necessarily have to be sold for gold. Quite frankly, gold doesn’t have much use, though for some players who have items to sell, can be very useful. Additionally, the current gold cap doesn’t really help either, considering you can only hold 300k. Still, this gives a “trading” feeling in tlopo, while forcing people to work for it, since they do have to pay in exorbitant amounts of gold for the bigger items.

It’s also quite interesting to track because it’ll end up having its own market and trends. Sellers follow those trends, and they’ll come out with riches.

TL;DR I propose something similar to SWTOR’s Galactic Trade Network, along with a gold cap removal. Or a bank.
"I don’t think trading should be that easy if it was implemented. To prevent lazy players from getting their guild master’s duplicates. Kinda ruins the game for those who work hard for it."
It's statements like this that send threads off topic. But not at or about you Mark, it just set me on a semi rant.

While I don't disagree with you that it could effect other peoples personal feelings about their achievements, making a assumption of including like everyone who works hard at it, is well, an assumption and attempting to speak for others which is never a good thing or ever accurate.

Since tlopo has no commerce between players or even your alts, the guilt aspect of 'ruining' others play is baseless. It really doesn't exist except in peoples minds. I'm not talking being nice or helping or anything like that. I'm writing about pure game mechanics and there is absolutely nothing anyone else does in this game that directly effects your inventory, or playing experience on the whole. I'm also not writing about the daily personal annoyances we deal with like trolling, acting weird etc.
That falls under social aspects of playing. Not mechanics.

Creating scenarios as if my looting effects your looting is incorrect and misleading, intentionally or not. Mostly not.
But for ideas to grow, people have to set aside their own personal conditioning about looting and the game in general and stop persistently promoting that any one persons loot style effects any other people in the game. IT DOES NOT! It's always being propositioned as some sort of work ethic and one must conform to others idea of game play and work ethics and achievements. I've been in this beta for almost two years, read all the time about other games and this history as well and I can not really figure out where this 'my work ethic and achievement and what YOU loot ruins MY game' mentality comes from.

Trading will most likely be good for the game and people who disaprove will just quit or use it sparingly. If they quit, it most likely will be people who never put much effort into beta testing in the first place. Yes, I'm making a assumption about that and I think it will be true.

Don't knock it till you try it!:winner:

Last edited:
...making a assumption of including like everyone...

...an assumption and attempting to speak for others which is never a good thing or ever accurate.

Trading will most likely be good for the game and people who disaprove will just quit or use it sparingly. If they quit, it most likely will be people who never put much effort into beta testing in the first place. Yes, I'm making a assumption about that and I think it will be true.

Don't knock it till you try it!:winner:
So, you’re saying people shouldn’t make assumptions about knocking/diss’ng trading when you just admitted to making an assumption yourself, in support of it?

Also, how can both game mechanics and the “social aspect of playing” become segregated within a MMORPG game? Can ye have one without the other?

Back