Discussion The next step...

this topic has already been addressed as the awnser for trading ever being added I believe has been confirmed as a big fat we are not doing it do the to fact you could scam people out of there hard earned legendarys or mat or coins
No. Developers have not said either yes or no. With that being said, there's no reason NOT to implement it. People get repeat famed and legendaries that they don't have a use for because of gold cap, and obviously it being a repeat. If you get scammed, it's your own fault, and not the fault of the rest of the community. The solution to the "scam" is simple. Limit trade to players whose weapon level matches that of the weapon, and have a screen where both players have to agree to the trade, and see what each side is offering. Continuing to rant and rave about "trading will ruin the game!i!i!i!" is just ridiculous. People don't want to spend hours upon hours of grinding to find one weapon if they can trade for it.

I am for trading and have made my concessions in the other (now closed) posts discussing this topic.
Many still open. Just have to search one word. Your input is still viable on open threads.

Some not closed, but some parties would like them closed. Each brings other ideas to the table and are not annoying repeats like mentioned by other parties.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/knock-it-off-with-the-threads-about-trading.25614/

https://piratesforums.co/threads/trading-yes-or-no.25610/

https://piratesforums.co/threads/tr...-how-you-would-implement-trading.25484/page-5

https://piratesforums.co/threads/will-there-be-trading-in-game.25465/

I thought you said months ago you were okay with trading as long as there's controls?

But like someone just commented, people change their minds.
No , I've always been just flat against trading. Of course, there would have to be very good controls on it if it ever were introduced. But, as I said, I'm against trading.

No. Developers have not said either yes or no. With that being said, there's no reason NOT to implement it. People get repeat famed and legendaries that they don't have a use for because of gold cap, and obviously it being a repeat. If you get scammed, it's your own fault, and not the fault of the rest of the community. The solution to the "scam" is simple. Limit trade to players whose weapon level matches that of the weapon, and have a screen where both players have to agree to the trade, and see what each side is offering. Continuing to rant and rave about "trading will ruin the game!i!i!i!" is just ridiculous. People don't want to spend hours upon hours of grinding to find one weapon if they can trade for it.
Love this post, follows nicely with the pros and cons that we have discussed regarding the addition of trading.

No thanks.

Trading means this game becomes a CS:GO style micro-economy. As much as I'd like to sell off spare World Eater Blades for a rusty cutlass + some paypal cash, it would not be good for the game.
This one, on the other hand, is the typical cynical reaction to any form of in-game change, especially as it relates to looting.

...So whoever is saying trading will ruin the game is uninformed and looking at it through nostalgia goggles.
Really? Were you around during POTCO’s time when pirates would post videos all over YouTube about how “trades” in-game went sour and resentments flourished (on account of trades going bad)? Granted, pirates now are requesting fool-proof ways for trading to occur. This could only help. But, we are also forgetting that some pirates will always find a way to prey on others whom are not so knowledgeable about the game in fully knowing what is actually at stake with a trade. Of course, some pirates are quite knowledgeable so that balances things out.

Challenge becomes does trading cause more good for the game than bad and “whom” is going to know this ahead of time to decide appropriately either way? *Too many pirates are biased for or against trading alone to make this (unbiased) decision either way!

Love this post, follows nicely with the pros and cons that we have discussed regarding the addition of trading.

This one, on the other hand, is the typical cynical reaction to any form of in-game change, especially as it relates to looting.
Introducing a mechanism to transfer weapons between accounts is not a small change. If you gave a moment’s thought to the different ways a player could exploit that (especially in a free game), then you wouldn’t be so dismissive of genuine concerns.

As I said on the last thread about this, I guess this horse isn’t dead enough for all of you.

Introducing a mechanism to transfer weapons between accounts is not a small change. If you gave a moment’s thought to the different ways a player could exploit that (especially in a free game), then you wouldn’t be so dismissive of genuine concerns.
I/we have given it more than a "moment's thought". I may be the dumbest of those around, and not a trained statistician, but I *do* have a lot of practical experience and *can* consider different aspects of design decisions on new SW features.

No thanks.

Trading means this game becomes a CS:GO style micro-economy. As much as I'd like to sell off spare World Eater Blades for a rusty cutlass + some paypal cash, it would not be good for the game.
Why would we use PayPal? Why use micro transactions at all? Why not just keep it ingame?

Why would we use PayPal? Why use micro transactions at all? Why not just keep it ingame?
It's a thing people do in any game with trading.

They exchange a valuable item for a worthless one, and then afterward, the party trading the worthless item sends some PayPal cash to the person who sold him the valuable item. In games like Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2, it's not unusual for players to sell items for hundreds (and occasionally, thousands) of dollars.

You can imagine how common scams are in systems like this. People avoid predatory traders by using middlemen and only buying/selling from reputable dealers, but it still happens.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about the sellers and buyers who don't get scammed than the ones who do. The players with the most valuable items in games like those are the ones who paid the most real-world cash for them. It's not something that can be avoided.

While players like me could potentially make a lot of money by selling items, I feel like the legitimacy of the current looting system would be too badly compromised by the threat of people doing this.

Last edited:

They exchange a valuable item for a worthless one, and then afterward, the party trading the worthless item sends some PayPal cash to the person who sold him the valuable item. In games like Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2, it's not unusual for players to sell items for hundreds (and occasionally, thousands) of dollars.

You can imagine how common scams are in systems like this. People avoid them by using middlemen and only buying/selling from reputable dealers, but it still happens.

The players with the most valuable items in games like those are the ones who paid the most real-world cash for them. It's not something that can be avoided.

While players like me could potentially make a lot of money by selling items, I feel like the legitimacy of the current looting system would be too badly compromised by the threat of people doing this.
Really? I've played several games where this isn't a thing. Make a Central hub of trading like RuneScape or Warframe where you put up the item for auction at a price and someone buys it. You're over complicating this.

You can imagine how common scams are in systems like this. People avoid them by using middlemen and only buying/selling from reputable dealers, but it still happens.

The players with the most valuable items in games like those are the ones who paid the most real-world cash for them. It's not something that can be avoided.

Maybe if you were stupid enough to believe someone would PayPal you said money, it's an issue .

Really? I've played several games where this isn't a thing. Make a Central hub of trading like RuneScape or Warframe where you put up the item for auction at a price and someone buys it. You're over complicating this.
I've never played Warframe, but people sold stuff for real-world cash in Runescape all the time. I'm not overcomplicating anything - this is a consistent reality in every game with trading.

edit: looked it up, people do it in Warframe too.

I've never played Warframe, but people sold stuff for real-world cash in Runescape all the time. I'm not overcomplicating anything - this is a consistent reality in every game with trading.
There are people doing crap like that now, selling accounts for real money. Should they remove accounts? No. Trading is both historically accurate, movie accurate, and would enhance the game, bringing people back and bringing in new players who don't have time for the grind like me.

If you got scammed because you were stupid enough to believe that someone would pay you real cash for a digital sword, that's your issue. Live and learn. Now you know that it was hilarious and either you can let it taint your view of this aspect or not.

There are people doing crap like that now, selling accounts for real money. Should they remove accounts? No. Trading is both historically accurate, movie accurate, and would enhance the game, bringing people back and bringing in new players who don't have time for the grind like me.
This is kind of a weird argument - there are obviously implicit costs associated with account sales that aren't there when you can sell individual items. I'd never sell my account, but you can bet I'd sell my repeat legendaries.

It's also pretty revealing that you'd admit that you want trading because you "don't have time" for the grind.

Back