Idea Trade Ship

OurGangsDarkOath

Pirate Master
Instead of trading each other what about having a trade ship that offers items? For example a trade ship docks and you can go on it and speak to someone who gives you a list of items that you can get for a certain currency like grog. You pretty much loot for grog like you would with bones and moonstones and lets say you want thunderspine well it'll most likely cost you thousands of grog. Each item has its own price by the way. This way players that don't want to spend hour after hour hoping to get what they want have a goal to loot grog and wait for the trade ship to arrive. I forgot to mention a couple things, the list you get will be random for everyone so if you want thunderspine and if it's not on the list you'll have to wait until next time and the trade ship only stays for a couple days.

Last edited:
Instead of trading each other what about having a trade ship that offers items? For example a trade ship docks and you can go on it and speak to someone who gives you a list of items that you can get for a certain currency like grog. You pretty much loot for grog like you would with bones and moonstones and lets say you want thunderspine well it'll most likely cost you thousands of grog. Each item has its own price by the way. This way players that don't want to spend hour after hour hoping to get what they want have a goal to loot grog and wait for the trade ship to arrive. I forgot to mention a couple things, the list you get will be random for everyone so if you want thunderspine and if it's not on the list you'll have to wait until next time and the trade ship only stays for a couple days.
Very interesting idea. I wonder how much work it would be to set something up like that. It could show up for all players, but as you enter, it does some random rng things based on your profile. Kind of like containers do now. Since we don't get what other pirates get in the same container, why not think of the ship as one big container. Sounds very interesting and the wild card helps in keeping it fresh and exciting. Very interesting.
We do have periodic vendors/peddlers now, but to have them have a part of inventory for the individual player to see of a random selection?

I like the concept but it'd be cooler to see all new sailing specific items like spyglasses rather than seeing him trade old legendaries. I hope both us and the devs don't get used to the idea of being able to buy legendary weapons. But id love to see some new sailing items with all new skills

I like the concept but it'd be cooler to see all new sailing specific items like spyglasses rather than seeing him trade old legendaries. I hope both us and the devs don't get used to the idea of being able to buy legendary weapons. But id love to see some new sailing items with all new skills
Well I was thinking this trade ship was a last resort kind of thing where lets say you loot for 5k grog and within that timespan if you don't get the item you want then you can exchange your grog for whatever item you want, the trade ship could sell spyglasses seeing that there's a lot of them unreleased.

No. Just NO! If I wanted to grind I´d grind for the item I want!
Just give as normal trading system like all the others games of this genre.
With the current looting system it's just dumb luck to get what you want with this idea at least you have a goal and it might still take you the same time to get the correct amount of grog that it would take you to loot a certain item.

Very interesting idea. I wonder how much work it would be to set something up like that. It could show up for all players, but as you enter, it does some random rng things based on your profile. Kind of like containers do now. Since we don't get what other pirates get in the same container, why not think of the ship as one big container. Sounds very interesting and the wild card helps in keeping it fresh and exciting. Very interesting.
We do have periodic vendors/peddlers now, but to have them have a part of inventory for the individual player to see of a random selection?
Yeah like what containers do obviously if you haven't finished the raven's cove quest the trade ship won't offer you any cursed blades. Level is also taken into account like if you're too low for brights or even legendaries then it won't offer you any.

I like this idea! Maybe we can add the ship so it travels to different main ports every few days! Although I must say, the prices on things should be relatively high so balance the amount of items that can be bought and looted. Also, would this be a place that would sell other pirate's items? Like you sell 3 patrons and the market now only has 3 of them, so once they are bought there will be no more in the market until someone decides to sell it? Or is it just completely random? (Also I dont think it would be all that fair for everyone to get different items in their market, I feel it would cause problems and that if everyone had the same page of items it would be much more fair)!

But over all I'm a fan of this!

I like this idea! Maybe we can add the ship so it travels to different main ports every few days! Although I must say, the prices on things should be relatively high so balance the amount of items that can be bought and looted. Also, would this be a place that would sell other pirate's items? Like you sell 3 patrons and the market now only has 3 of them, so once they are bought there will be no more in the market until someone decides to sell it? Or is it just completely random? (Also I dont think it would be all that fair for everyone to get different items in their market, I feel it would cause problems and that if everyone had the same page of items it would be much more fair)!

It would be like, the ice-cream truck of the Caribbean! (Gotta play ‘that music’ though; a must)!
6A629AD1-60D6-4EE1-A4C6-EB8D9C5147C8.jpeg

Why not all of the above?

It would act just like a store would where the items don't run out. I was thinking if you got a random list of items each week it'll take you awhile to get all the items you want for example all the legendaries could take months if not a year.

Last edited:
Also one more thing, those special legendaries where you can only get from one boss can have its own special currency. For example lets say you want yore well the twins will drop a one of a kind currency and yore will most likely cost more than lets say el patron and silver freeze because it's more powerful.

First good "trading" idea I've seen. 100x better than player to player. Please give my current weapons sale value so I don't have to start from zero.. not that SF would have much sale value..

Back