Idea Trade Ship

"Elootists" Haven't heard that word in 2 days
But I think that the current system of RNG to get legendaries is fine the way it is and should stay the same. It is both challenging and fair. Thats why most people don't want it to be altered
"Thats why most people don't want it to be altered."
Allow me to suggest perhaps a correct way to phrase that line.
"That's why a percentage of people don't want it to be altered".

"Thats why most people don't want it to be altered."
Allow me to suggest perhaps a correct way to phrase that line.
"That's why a percentage of people don't want it to be altered".
Well what I meant by that is thats why most people who don't want it altered, don't want it altered

Because it's unbelievable to have an effectively unlimited supply of what's supposed to be rare, famed, or legendary. And this trade ship idea is different from standard looting in that here we would see exactly what the supply of goods is, whereas in looting, there's an element of uncertainty that makes the game more believable.
Doesn't standard looting have an unlimited supply of items players can loot or can only 10-20 players loot a legendary per hour? Also so what if you see what items are available you still have to loot for currency to trade for an item.

Doesn't standard looting have an unlimited supply of items players can loot or can only 10-20 players loot a legendary per hour? Also so what if you see what items are available you still have to loot for currency to trade for an item.
I just HAVE to ask, where'd you get the 10-20 legendaries per hour number? Is someone tracking the stats on that 24/7?

i liked the concept at first but this post is just a not-so-subtle way to suggest allowing everyone to buy every legendary in the game rather than looting for them like you are supposed too. would be cooler if it sold unique items that arent legendary instead. in my opinion worse than trading.
Well honestly it would in my opinion take the same amount of time to loot for 5k grog as you would for legendaries and you might even find the legendary you want before even getting 5k grog hence why I already stated that this trade ship idea would be a last resort kind of thing, so you would rather have players giving other players their duplicate legendaries rather than working for it?

Don't worry, the devs aren't going to just forget about anti-trading opinions. And if you don't want the balance of opinion to "disappear," then you'd at least have to share an opinion. Perhaps explain whether you're as opposed to the trade ship idea as pure trading; do you think the trade ship could work in any form or is it no different than pure trading?

Coming to the thread and just saying "no" doesn't do anything. If anything, it just makes the "elootists" look worse.
I have no objections to using a "trade ship" as a peddled but I don't want loot only items to become available through other means. By the way, I don't think of myself as a looter, it is not the focus of my game, when I go looting on land it's because that is the only way to get certain items, I like it that way. Have people come to view me as a looter; maybe because I ground out one item, the Sapphire Curse? Edit: Now that you made me think a little about this I think it would be fun to have a sea born peddler that sold unique sailing type items. I really, really want as much of the original potco 2013 as possible to be preserved and for new content to be more isolated, like Forsaken Shallows and Hollowed Woods.

Last edited:
I have no objections to using a "trade ship" as a peddled but I don't want loot only items to become available through other means. By the way, I don't think of myself as a looter, it is not the focus of my game, when I go looting on land it's because that is the only way to get certain items, I like it that way. Have people come to view me as a looter; maybe because I ground out one item, the Sapphire Curse? Edit: Now that you made me think a little about this I think it would be fun to have a sea born peddler that sold unique sailing type items. I really, really want as much of the original potco 2013 as possible to be preserved and for new content to be more isolated, like Forsaken Shallows and Hollowed Woods.
This idea isn't to change the current looting system it's a last resort kind of thing where if you can't seem to get an item you want after looting for grog then you can trade in that grog for the item. It's like the silver striker legendary where you have two options either loot the legendary or save up enough currency to purchase it.

This idea isn't to change the current looting system it's a last resort kind of thing where if you can't seem to get an item you want after looting for grog then you can trade in that grog for the item. It's like the silver striker legendary where you have two options either loot the legendary or save up enough currency to purchase it.
To me making loot only items available by some other means is changing the loot system, I do not want them for sale or trade. I'm not thrilled about the Silver Striker but it's a new item and the purchase price is high so ok.

Personally I'd still be happy if the trade ship offered new, non-loot items like Silver Striker. These new trade-only items would separate the trade ship from looting and establish the trade ship as its own new and exciting feature, rather than a potentially boring supplement to traditional looting with recycled loot items.

To me making loot only items available by some other means is changing the loot system, I do not want them for sale or trade. I'm not thrilled about the Silver Striker but it's a new item and the purchase price is high so ok.
It's not really changing anything because you can still loot it's just another option.

You are making it easier to get legendaries when there is nothing wrong with the current FAIR system
No I'm not you still have to grind to get a lot of grog and you might even get the items you want while looting for grog and is it fair for players to loot so much everyday only to not get what they want?

No I'm not you still have to grind to get a lot of grog and you might even get the items you want while looting for grog and is it fair for players to loot so much everyday only to not get what they want?
Thats how its supposed to be. I do it. You do it(?). We all do it. Its fair, its RNG and it keeps it challenging. Admittedly its time consuming but it is fair. You loot legendaries. Not buy them. Kinda sucks that the devs implanted this idea within our heads that we may be going to be able to start buying any legendary we want now.

Thats how its supposed to be. I do it. You do it(?). We all do it. Its fair, its RNG and it keeps it challenging. Admittedly its time consuming but it is fair. You loot legendaries. Not buy them. Kinda sucks that the devs implanted this idea within our heads that we may be going to be able to start buying any legendary we want now.
Who says that's how it's supposed to be? There can be tweaks made to this game and honestly if you like looting that way then by all means go right ahead, the world doesn't just revolve around you.

Who says that's how it's supposed to be? There can be tweaks made to this game and honestly if you like looting that way then by all means go right ahead, the world doesn't just revolve around you.
Yeah but you want to make acquiring legendaries to be easier since you find it difficult. The world doesn't revolve around you either

Jack, be careful with presumptions!
Thats how its supposed to be. I do it. You do it(?). We all do it.
No, we don't all do it. Many players don't have the time or interest to loot just for the sake of looting, especially after maxing out.

That's half of what started this whole trading debate in the first place, back in POTCO.
Its fair, its RNG and it keeps it challenging.
How can something random be called "challenging"? It's neither challenging nor not challenging... it's random.
You loot legendaries. Not buy them.
According to...? I don't see that written in stone anywhere.
Kinda sucks that the devs implanted this idea within our heads that we may be going to be able to start buying any legendary we want now.
It's not fair to blame the devs. Many players asked for this. A purchasable Legendary or two is probably the dev's idea of a compromise.

And I don't see anyone here saying we should be able to start buying "any legendary we want now."

You're making a lot of assumptions again that you can't substantiate.
"That's how it's supposed to be".
Why? Did Walt Disney say so? Again, what you do doesn't effect me, no matter how many legendary you loot, or how you do it. My actions are not game breaking in any way If I choose to buy a legendary.
Based on your logic, buying the silver is illegal? We mustn't do this? Is tlopo selling us a legendary on the black market? I don't understand.

Back