Idea Trade Ship

Jack, be careful with presumptions!

No, we don't all do it. Many players don't have the time or interest to loot just for the sake of looting, especially after maxing out.

That's half of what started this whole trading debate in the first place, back in POTCO.

How can something random be called "challenging"? It's neither challenging nor not challenging... it's random.

According to...? I don't see that written in stone anywhere.

It's not fair to blame the devs. Many players asked for this. A purchasable Legendary or two is probably the dev's idea of a compromise.

And I don't see anyone here saying we should be able to start buying "any legendary we want now."

You want to change something to make it easier just because you can't put up with it. The whole point of legendaries is that they are incredibly hard to get because you have to put some time in and be lucky or be incredibly luck right off the bat. Why change how legendaries are found if there is nothing wrong with it?

Its challenging because searching for a legendary for days or weeks or months is difficult and finding nothing over and over again will keep almost putting you off until you finally find one.

The famous "thats not written anywhere" argument.

I wasnt blaming the devs. I was blaming the people who now think we should be able to buy whatever legendaries whenever since the devs allowed us to do it once. And for the record thats exactly what the OP was saying.

You want to change something to make it easier just because you can't put up with it. The whole point of legendaries is that they are incredibly hard to get because you have to put some time in and be lucky or be incredibly luck right off the bat. Why change how legendaries are found if there is nothing wrong with it?

Its challenging because searching for a legendary for days or weeks or months is difficult and finding nothing over and over again will keep almost putting you off until you finally find one.

The famous "thats not written anywhere" argument.

I wasnt blaming the devs. I was blaming the people who now think we should be able to buy whatever legendaries whenever since the devs allowed us to do it once. And for the record thats exactly what the OP was saying.
There isn't anything wrong with looting, people have a desire to add more depth to tlopo. Try to look at it that way.
And Jack, in all due respect, you need to take the 'you's' out of your responses. The thread isn't about peoples sentiments or their agendas. Please try and keep on the topic of trade ship concepts.
Thanks.

There isn't anything wrong with looting, people have a desire to add more depth to tlopo. Try to look at it that way.
And Jack, in all due respect, you need to take the 'you's' out of your responses. The thread isn't about peoples sentiments or their agendas. Please try and keep on the topic of trade ship concepts.
Thanks.
People want to add more depth by implementing a mechanic that allows you to get old items Why have this ship trade normal old legendary blades instead of all new items pertaining to sailing since it is on a ship? So many other ways that the devs could add depth to this game, and id rather not have people buy their way to the top using their grog. Ive also never gone off this topic so idk how you were trying to implement that into your argument or what you wanted it to accomplish

Yeah but you want to make acquiring legendaries to be easier since you find it difficult. The world doesn't revolve around you either
Actually I have a couple legendaries so sorry to have sympathy for those that don't. Also once again it won't make getting legendaries easier if you need 5k grog to get one and I'm sure it'll take just as long to loot the 5k grog as it would to actually loot for a legendary.

You want to change something to make it easier just because you can't put up with it.
I have been civil with you, Jack, so please return the favor. I'm not throwing presumptuous accusations at you, so I ask you to not throw them at me, or at least not to do so here. As far as I know, these forums are meant for community-friendly debate and input; if you have a bone to pick, feel free to message me personally, but please take this immaturity and counter-productiveness out of the public forums.

You seemed to not like me using the term "elootist" earlier, but your "you can't put up with it" attitude is exactly what made looter synonymous with elitist in the first place.

Why change how legendaries are found if there is nothing wrong with it?
Because many players disagree there is "nothing wrong" with the current loot system.

More like if you loot a Legendary. Players have looted for hours almost daily for months, if not years, and found zero Legendaries. Sure, that's RNG, but you make it sound as if everyone loots a Legendary.
I was blaming the people who now think we should be able to buy whatever legendaries whenever since the devs allowed us to do it once. And for the record thats exactly what the OP was saying.
Saying "for the record" does not ignore your exaggeration. That's not nearly what the OP has suggested.

Actually I have a couple legendaries so sorry to have sympathy for those that don't. Also once again it won't make getting legendaries easier if you need 5k grog to get one and I'm sure it'll take just as long to loot the 5k grog as it would to actually loot for a legendary.
Then why have it if it will take as long? It makes it easier to get a legendary. And that shouldn’t be the case. The tlopo devs should take off some of the burden that grinding has. Not implementing more grindy features

I have been civil with you, Jack, so please return the favor. I'm not throwing presumptuous accusations at you, so I ask you to not throw them at me, or at least not to do so here. As far as I know, these forums are meant for community-friendly debate and input; if you have a bone to pick, feel free to message me personally, but please take this immaturity and counter-productiveness out of the public forums.

You seemed to not like me using the term "elootist" earlier, but your "you can't put up with it" attitude is exactly what made looter synonymous with elitist in the first place.

Because many players disagree there is "nothing wrong" with the current loot system.

More like if you loot a Legendary. Players have looted for hours almost daily for months, if not years, and found zero Legendaries. Sure, that's RNG, but you make it sound as if everyone loots a Legendary.

Saying "for the record" does not ignore your exaggeration. That's not nearly what the OP has suggested.
OP is stating that previous legendaries should be able to bought on this ship. He referred to not only silver freeze and el patron, and thunderspine, BUT he also mentioned special currencies for boss legendaries too. The focus on these bosses should be “I wonder if I get a legendary today so I can flip out” not “oh man I’m 50 twin stones away from buying yore, I’m definitely getting it today.” It kinda take the magic out of legendaries that this game so desperately needs. Now I know you “called” me an elitist, but I’ve never felt the feeling of getting a legendary in tlopo yet. But I can say I’ve felt it in the original potco. We shouldn’t make looting about looting stones rather than looting legendaries. If it’s takes the same amount of time what’s the point. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Also, catch me at darkhart Levanta though not while I’m at work. I’m at skull number 739 and I am determined to get JSB the right way.

OP is stating that previous legendaries should be able to bought on this ship. He referred to not only silver freeze and el patron, and thunderspine, BUT he also mentioned special currencies for boss legendaries too. The focus on these bosses should be “I wonder if I get a legendary today so I can flip out” not “oh man I’m 50 twin stones away from buying yore, I’m definitely getting it today.” It kinda take the magic out of legendaries that this game so desperately needs. Now I know you “called” me an elitist, but I’ve never felt the feeling of getting a legendary in tlopo yet. But I can say I’ve felt it in the original potco. We shouldn’t make looting about looting stones rather than looting legendaries. If it’s takes the same amount of time what’s the point. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Also, catch me at darkhart Levanta though not while I’m at work. I’m at skull number 739 and I am determined to get JSB the right way.
Don't knock it til ye try it!:martini:

Don't knock it til ye try it!:martini:
A crude and common remark, but I’m all for trying this idea. A trade ship that comes into port with items for sale? Sounds great, but walking out with thunderspine and leviathan in your shopping cart not so much. Only legendaries that should be bought from this are cool sailing spyglasses with cool weapon skills. ADD more DEPTH to SAILING

Yeah, the OP did suggest buying Legendaries on the trade ship, but this wouldn't be the same thing as being able to buy any Legendary any time like you think. Unless you've got 4k or 5k extra materials, you're not walking out with Thundersine and Leviathan. Plus, I don't fully support the idea of having currently loot-only items on the trade ship. I would actually prefer the trade ship if it included mostly sailing items with a few rare trade-only items (kind of like Silver Striker).

Yeah, the OP did suggest buying Legendaries on the trade ship, but this wouldn't be the same thing as being able to buy any Legendary any time like you think. Unless you've got 4k or 5k extra materials, you're not walking out with Thundersine and Leviathan. Plus, I don't fully support the idea of having currently loot-only items on the trade ship. I would actually prefer the trade ship if it included mostly sailing items with a few rare trade-only items (kind of like Silver Striker).
I’m fine with that but we do not need to be able to buy old legendaries. But I never said that you’d be able to buy them whenever or however you want. It’ll obviously be similar to striker. Again, there is no reason to have old loot in a new feature especially legendary cursed blades. I still think new exclusively sailing items. Maybe even famed muskets (which could be good for boarding in the future) and a famed boarding axe (the name speaks for itself)

I’m fine with that but we do not need to be able to buy old legendaries. But I never said that you’d be able to buy them whenever or however you want. It’ll obviously be similar to striker. Again, there is no reason to have old loot in a new feature especially legendary cursed blades. I still think new exclusively sailing items. Maybe even famed muskets (which could be good for boarding in the future) and a famed boarding axe (the name speaks for itself)
Don't knock it til ye try it!:thumbsup:

Then why have it if it will take as long? It makes it easier to get a legendary. And that shouldn’t be the case. The tlopo devs should take off some of the burden that grinding has. Not implementing more grindy features
IT IS A LAST RESORT KIND OF THING where if you don't loot the items you want while looting for grog you go to the trade ship and see if the items you want are on the list. Honestly it's getting pretty boring having to repeat myself so if you want anymore answers just read my past comments.

IT IS A LAST RESORT KIND OF THING where if you don't loot the items you want while looting for grog you go to the trade ship and see if the items you want are on the list. Honestly it's getting pretty boring having to repeat myself so if you want anymore answers just read my past comments.
Yeah ik what you mean and ik what you are saying and I still have a problem with it and im suggesting something that might be more appealing. Don't pretend that im arguing against you because I don't know the extent of what you are suggesting, because you are suggesting it purely to acquire old legendaries rather than adding depth to the game like squintz suggested. But yeah, worse than trading because you can buy them from a store, and you can't ignore the grog in every skull, or the ship, or the people with all the legendaries where with trading you can try your absolute hardest to do so and succeed

It's not really changing anything because you can still loot it's just another option.
Clearly we have a difference of opinion on that. In the extreme case you could leave the loot drops as they are but make all legendary weapons available at all shops and peddlers for 1 gold each, would you still say you changed nothing? That was only an extreme version of what you suggest but I see that lesser versions, more like what you suggest, are just that, smaller changes but changes none the less and I'm against that.

Doesn't standard looting have an unlimited supply of items players can loot or can only 10-20 players loot a legendary per hour? Also so what if you see what items are available you still have to loot for currency to trade for an item.
The supply is technically infinite, but it's limited since we can't see a quantity value assigned to it and we happen upon them by extremely slim chance. Yes, it would effectively be the same as if we looted for currency, but the issue is believability. It would be an awful irony, a joke really, if these trade ships actually had uncountably many unique, "rare," "famed," "legendary" items in their stock. The whole purpose of this idea is to make these items more easily obtainable, so if the players really demand it, the developers could just raise the drop rate. I do like the idea overall, and I don't want to see it discarded for this reason, so I propose my idea. Lastly, as I understand it, looting groups don't get legendary items in most of their looting sessions—not as many as a legendary per hour.

Back