Trading COMING SOON!

If trading were to come, I'd want a few aspects of it to be like another game I play... I've designed an interface example of a trade window - I even made it all fancy...

trade window interface.png

Both players are able to clearly see which items are being traded. For the trade to proceed, both players need to hit 'Confirm Trade' for their items to be transferred over to the other person.

As for trade restrictions... yes I said restrictions... sorry to burst your bubble...

WEB example trading.png

Small little indicators could be added to the weapon card to distinguish whether or not the item is tradeable, or if other methods of trading may be used. Used to prevent trade abuse.

Bound to Pirate - means that this item CANNOT be traded by all means. I suggest that all Legendary weapons have this tag added to them to avoid trade abuse, in my opinion.

Bind on Equip - this item becomes bound to you only after you equip it to your weapon belt. If you have it in your inventory but haven't used it yet, it still is tradeable. If you put it in your weapon belt, it becomes permanently bound to you.

Tradeable in the next (insert number) of minutes - this item has a timer on it and you can only trade it within a certain time period. Perhaps straight after you acquire the item, the timer starts. Once it runs out, it becomes bound to your pirate.

Bound to Account (applies only if Disney were to add trading throughout your account) - means you can trade it across all your characters, just not to anyone else.

These are just my ideas if this game is actually to have trading implemented in the future. All of this is mostly derived from another game I play, and the trade guidelines there work well - they have the system down pat.

If trading were to come, I'd want a few aspects of it to be like another game I play... I've designed an interface example of a trade window - I even made it all fancy...

Both players are able to clearly see which items are being traded. For the trade to proceed, both players need to hit 'Confirm Trade' for their items to be transferred over to the other person.

As for trade restrictions... yes I said restrictions... sorry to burst your bubble...

Small little indicators could be added to the weapon card to distinguish whether or not the item is tradeable, or if other methods of trading may be used. Used to prevent trade abuse.

Bound to Pirate - means that this item CANNOT be traded by all means. I suggest that all Legendary weapons have this tag added to them to avoid trade abuse, in my opinion.

Bind on Equip - this item becomes bound to you only after you equip it to your weapon belt. If you have it in your inventory but haven't used it yet, it still is tradeable. If you put it in your weapon belt, it becomes permanently bound to you.

Tradeable in the next (insert number) of minutes - this item has a timer on it and you can only trade it within a certain time period. Perhaps straight after you acquire the item, the timer starts. Once it runs out, it becomes bound to your pirate.

Bound to Account (applies only if Disney were to add trading throughout your account) - means you can trade it across all your characters, just not to anyone else.

These are just my ideas if this game is actually to have trading implemented in the future. All of this is mostly derived from another game I play, and the trade guidelines there work well - they have the system down pat.
Send it to Disney. :)

Putting a lock on legendaries takes the oomph out of trading tho :O

There are plenty of good weapons that can be traded - all the famed I think should be tradable. However, I do agree that the legendaries should stay with the person who found it.. it would certainly invite abuse to have them freely traded among pirates. The very young would be fooled into giving them up.

There are plenty of good weapons that can be traded - all the famed I think should be tradable. However, I do agree that the legendaries should stay with the person who found it.. it would certainly invite abuse to have them freely traded among pirates. The very young would be fooled into giving them up.
Well thats a risk, yes. But what about all those duplicate useless legendaries that will go to waste if someone who had it found it? Lol im sure once i find my legendary cursed ill change my mind but for now i support it : D

I have o say legendaries should be tradable cuz I have already been promised silver freeze

In Wizard101's trading system, you can't trade items you purchase with crowns and certain rare loot you get from enemies. It's worked pretty well so far, I've never had any issues. AND you can turn off trade requests.
(probably off-topic, but there should be an 'auction' house or something like in W101. You sell items you can't trade at the auctioneer, and other players can buy it. Less of the item there is in the auction house, the more it's worth. Can't auction houses,pets, or gold. In this case, can't auction ships or gold)

Honestly just because they said Trading is good, does not mean it is coming. I think it would be a good addition to the game, however this is not the first time they have said things of this nature. If you recall the developer's blogs that were posted on the Pirates main site, they said that trading was coming, and it is not here. At a GM event back in 2008, one of the GMs said that Trading was coming soon, and it is not here. I don't mean to be a damper of spirits, but as Star said, don't hold your breath. I seriously doubt Trading is coming anytime soon.
reminds me of the kraken xD

What do u use to edit those pictures? So Shiny

I don't know how to use GIMP, if someone could start a conversation as tutorial, lol.

On Topic: I don't know why everyone wants to get traded a legendary. Don't you agree it would feel better if you found it in loot? That sense of accomplishment that you actually found a legendary (other than the Silver Freeze you get from Foul, lol) should stay. Then again, John probably has a lot more legendary than the developers. (And that, in my opinion, is saying something. :p)

All I say is, legendary should NOT be tradeable. Like people have already said, it could cause abuse of new players who might find it or it might have a glitch. (We all know almost everything Disney releases has tons of glitches.) I could imagine the horror Disney could unleash if they made legendary tradeable.

Then they should be warned about this. But legendary weapons should be able to trade. If the young does not really pay attention thats there fault. If trading comes out and famed can be trade then legendary should be to. The young should know about trading is serious and before the trade has happen they should give a warning.

man, john you should be a developer. XD

Considering how hard it is to find legendary bound to pirate is a bit excessive. Bind on equip though is pretty common with other games so I would not be surprised if they added that. Tradeable in a certain amount of time seems like a good idea though but minutes is just a waste of time if there going to add it then we should at least get 24 hours. Bound to account seems good but kills the spirit if looting cause if you have it on one pirate then with bound to account you have it on all.

Back