Glitch Update removed all my Cannon Rams

Nobody cares about people who exploit being punished. The problem is this solution punishes all the people who didn't exploit.

Unfortunately that's the hand we're dealt with though. We're just going to have to get our rams again.
The OP states he thought it was Ok to exploit and as it is a pirate game what else was to be expected. That is what I was responding too and I stated I wasn't arguing for or against the punishment - This was left out in your quote of my post. So please read my post in it's entirety to better understand what is being said.

OP's post

Exhibit
  1. First of all yes there was a glitch in the game and yes we exploited the glitch because well, We're pirates. Nobody expected anything less, we take what we can and give nothing back
  2. Second we, the pirates, shouldn't be punished for a glitch that was not our fault

c7281be00b5709d217555c922158c428-png.85778
On behalf of MMDR seeing her post this on another cannon ram thread, I will post it

Last edited:
And if you dont mind I'll state my opinion.
First of all, we are all testing the game and it is not released. So it is expected if there was a exploit everyone would get punished on whoever was involved. Obviously, they can't determine who did what, so the minor thing was just to remove everyones rams. You shouldn't get mad about it since you are testing the game and you are expected if there are exploits that something get removed or changed. Point being is, this game is still in an early stage with bugs/glitches/exploits and that is why they are nice enough to let us play for a certain amount of time so we can help them as much as possible by reporting them, getting them fixed, and being closer to fully release the game. Basically, you are expected on what the TLOPO Team decides to do on exploits no matter what.

Last edited:
The OP states he thought it was Ok to exploit and as it is a pirate game what else was to be expected. That is what I was responding too and I stated I wasn't arguing for or against the punishment - This was left out in your quote of my post. So please read my post in it's entirety to better understand what is being said.

OP's post

Exhibit
  1. First of all yes there was a glitch in the game and yes we exploited the glitch because well, We're pirates. Nobody expected anything less, we take what we can and give nothing back
  2. Second we, the pirates, shouldn't be punished for a glitch that was not our fault
Honestly didn't know i was "exploiting" anything, Know now i should've used different words. Mostly just wanted to get some pirate references in there.. it started as an actual cannon defense game with my friend who then dced before getting in ( that friend being a dev) He told me cannon defense was working so we decided to try it out, I ended up going solo and didn't even realize there was a glitch until like wave 20

And if you dont mind I'll state my opinion.
First of all, we are all testing the game and it is not released. So it is expected if there was a exploit everyone would get punished on whoever was involved. Obviously, they can't determine who did what, so the minor thing was just to remove everyones rams. You shouldn't get mad about it since you are testing the game and you are expected if there are exploits that something get removed or changed. Point being is, this game is still in an early stage with bugs/glitches/exploits and that is why they are nice enough to let us play for a certain amount of time so we can help them as much as possible by reporting them, getting them fixed, and being closer to fully release the game. Basically, you are expected on what the TLOPO Team decides to do on exploits no matter what.
See I wasn't trying to exploit anything, I'm not mad about the rams I get they do this for free and we can't expect much.. The things i said about exploiting were mostly for a laugh about us being pirates and how pirates take everything, I thought i was just playing a game of cannon defense until like wave 20 something when i realized there was an ice glitch, Didn't think anything of it since there was an ice glitch in potco too

I had read this thread yesterday, not really paying attention so much since I didn't play CD at all. This morning I did notice that my famed cannon ram was also removed, which I had gotten from a sailing adventure more than a week ago so now I understand the commotion. I was nowhere near CD during the glitch and yet my item was also removed. I do realize they removed them from those exploiting a glitch, but count me in as one that had it removed while not even playing CD.....cries.

Well thought out retort to my facts Sir

I already stated why i i don't think it was an exploit, didn't think i need to do it again. But here i go:
This is beta, a lot of things are broken, its not (edit: lets add i dont consider it) an exploit if somebody uses a REAL part of the game that doesn't work properly, that some people can do and some can't. I was rather happy for people who got rams from CD than upset.

I already stated why i i don't think it was an exploit, didn't think i need to do it again. But here i go:
This is beta, a lot of things are broken, its not (edit: lets add i dont consider it) an exploit if somebody uses a REAL part of the game that doesn't work properly, that some people can do and some can't. I was rather happy for people who got rams from CD than upset.
Ok I'm not trying to pick on you or even truly argue what I'm having an issue with is this. You and many others it seems don't see this as a exploit. I'll leave my thoughts out here and say that the Dev's obviously did per their actions and statements. The exploit wasn't reported by those using the exploit or those witnessing it so they had no idea it was going on and it progressed to a point that requires the removal of every bodies rams. If we continue to look at this as something that is ok for whatever reason we justify it and don't report when we see them we will be back here in a few months time having the same discussion on a different exploit. Let's learn from our mistakes and make sure we take care of these issues properly in the future and save everyone a lot of heartache.

Whether it was an exploit/bug/issue whatever you want to call it... it could've been reported. This game is in a testing stage, if you want the game to improve, you need to report bugs. This bug allowed you to not have to work for rams (if you did cheat), I don't see the point over arguing if it's an exploit or not. So whether you want to call it a bug, an issue or an exploit... it still was abused by some and unfortunately we suffer those consequences. Since this happened... maybe it's a good lesson learned for all of us to report players exploiting or using bugs to their advantage so we don't pay the price later. Like the decision or not, it still happened and I think it's best to move on for all of us. These rams will probably be back at some point and we can earn them again.

I had read this thread yesterday, not really paying attention so much since I didn't play CD at all. This morning I did notice that my famed cannon ram was also removed, which I had gotten from a sailing adventure more than a week ago so now I understand the commotion. I was nowhere near CD during the glitch and yet my item was also removed. I do realize they removed them from those exploiting a glitch, but count me in as one that had it removed while not even playing CD.....cries.
Yeah It's unfortunate how it all went down, I recently heard that the glitch that all the commotion was about was a glitch past wave 90, Which i actually didn't get too so i didn't even realize that there was a glitch like that... I Thought it was the old ice glitch from potco
that they were worried about :/

Didn't think about that. Isn't it quite the same thing?

The way I see it, it basically is the same thing, that's why I'm so ticked off about this. The rams I got from cannon defense weren't even good and I didn't have any from before either but if they're going to "punish" us for exploiting CD shouldn't we also be punished for getting into El Patron's Mine?

I just don't think its fair that our rams were taken away for an exploit that existed for like 3 days (just guessing on the number of days) while other glitches, bugs, exploits etc. that have existed for much longer are just passed off without any sort of "punishment."

Ugh, I lost my cotton ram that I got from loot way before the long shut down. It doesn't seem fair to take all the rams away from everyone. I would have been frustrated with a rollback but understood and dealt with it. This is just not cool. I have horrible luck with finding anything good in loot and coveted that darn ram that wasn't even that good of a ram.

Back