Glitch Update removed all my Cannon Rams

Well perhaps, but in my opinion, no. At least you can't blame the "exploiter" for doing it. And there were no warnings saying do not play CD. And the update news said something like that they removed CD, fixed a bug with CD, (btw you can't expect everyone to read the update news) but in game CD worked sometimes. Confusing? Yes. So, what should you do, can you play CD? How could you know?
The devs themselves were unaware of this, and as such, were unable to issue a warning.

One of the videos I found literally had folks not doing anything but talking... No shooting was taking place they were just sitting there through each wave because the wealth had froze. That is a glitch, an exploit, taking something that isn't working and riding it out instead of reporting it because it benefits you... That is cheating according to the terms of service of almost any game... I've seen ACCOUNTS DELETED or IP bans from other games for this. I'll fight through the pain of another couple games of CD before I let something this simple aggravate me enough to yell at a computer screen lol to those of you who did it legit, or didn't even get them from CD in the first place, I applaud you... You should feel anger, a sense of being robbed... Because folks decided they would go the lazy route... We lose... It's not petty, a vendetta, or vengeance... It's just Right to figure out the issue... Regardless of how wronged we feel sadly... This was the right move

I still want my Cajun ram back, I have evidence it was before the exploit since i was level 30 in the time the SS was taken. So will I get it back or will no effort be made to help those who lost rams obtained fair and square?

I still want my Cajun ram back, I have evidence it was before the exploit since i was level 30 in the time the SS was taken. So will I get it back or will no effort be made to help those who lost rams obtained fair and square?
Well since it was 3 hours ago I'm not sure it's been discussed for folks who did it legitimately... I'll wait for it to be fixed and actually earn it again. You'd probably have to message them... Maybe use that support route with MMDR or the Devs who frequent our forums

Well perhaps, but in my opinion, no. At least you can't blame the "exploiter" for doing it.
Sorry but once again wrong.....

By using the site and the game you agree to our Terms of Service.
Website Design & Images Copyright © The Legend of Pirates Online 2017

Any form of cheating, exploiting, or use of third party programs is not allowed. If you find an exploit, report it by emailing us at support@tlopo.com.

What do cannon rams do?

-boost damage
-provide infinite ammo
-provide faster reload

These are attributes that make the game more enjoyable to all who play. We should not get a smack on the wrist, or really, the face in this situation, because there was a flaw on your end. The problem with the report feedback feature is the existence of response bias. To claim that everything is tested before it is released is the flaw in the dev's argument, here. I am upset that such a big move was made over something so insignificant.

Perhaps, if I could be on a ship full of people with infinite fury ammo, I could be having fun on TLOPO, rather than on another game that I am enjoying much more. As a matter of fact, the 4 hours I spent on Cannon Defense burnt me out so badly, I haven't played in 2 days.

Convince me my time was not wasted and that I won't be wasting time in the future.

Respectfully.

So i'd like to start off with how unacceptable this is... First of all yes there was a glitch in the game and yes we exploited the glitch because well, We're pirates. Nobody expected anything less, we take what we can and give nothing back, (Well apparently we do give things back.)
Second we, the pirates, shouldn't be punished for a glitch that was not our fault, but the developers fault. It's a glitch that got past you guys not us, we're trying to get cannon rams because cannons rams just make the game more enjoyable. Oh But why would we want the game to be more enjoyable?
Before you start getting angry at me and saying " it was unfair for you to get these rams " or " Don't you want to earn those cannons rams ?" No, No i do not.... I don't know if i mentioned it earlier.... but we're pirates, we take what we get and don't look back.
Anyway before you yell at me for this post saying things like " If you're just gonna hate on the game don't play it." I'm not hating on the game.. I love the game, I've been playing since potco beta so why would i want to stop playing it now?
I really just want the developers to see this and hopefully Understand that it isn't about the cannon rams... It's about taking away the fun of the game
Sincerely, One Epic Llama
P.s. i'd like to note that i didn't realize there was a glitch after 90, I thought this whole issue was about the ice not leaving. that was a glitch in potco so i didn't think of it.

Last edited:
What makes me so angry about this is the fact that they took rams away from people who got them outside of cannon defense. I would actually understand removing rams that people got after 1.2.1 because there's a good chance some kind of glitch was used to keep the game going... but taking rams away from people who got them earlier from activities like fishing, sailing, or pre-exploitable cannon defense is honestly just a bad decision plain and simple. This is definitely going to put on strain on the relationship between the players and staff... :(

What makes me so angry about this is the fact that they took rams away from people who got them outside of cannon defense. I would actually understand removing rams that people got after 1.2.1 because there's a good chance some kind of glitch was used to keep the game going... but taking rams away from people who got them earlier from activities like fishing, sailing, or pre-exploitable cannon defense is honestly just a bad decision plain and simple. This is definitely going to put on strain on the relationship between the players and staff... :(
For sure, Like i said it's more about taking the rams away.. It's just terrible decisions on there part.

You do realize rams didn't even work yet, right? You're complaining about the removal of a item that had no real value to you yet. Cannon rams were posing an issue so they removed them. There's no reason to complain, get over it. Once they add them back again you can always get the item again. It's not the end of the world.

You do realize rams didn't even work yet, right? You're complaining about the removal of a item that had no real value to you yet. Cannon rams were posing an issue so they removed them. There's no reason to complain, get over it. Once they add them back again you can always get the item again. It's not the end of the world.

The fact that they didn't work yet doesn't mean anything. That's like saying you had a $1,000,000 trust fund that was taken away from you, but you shouldn't be upset because you "couldn't use it for three years anyway".

To answer both of these, Benjamin there's really no way for the developers to tell when a person got a ram, so they were forced to remove them all. If there were some way to tell who the people were exploiting it, I'm sure they would've removed it from them instead of everyone.

mrepicllama, They were not aware of this because nobody ever reported it. On their test servers, they're unable to replicate the large amount of players on the live servers, so it could have been easily missed. It is also in the terms of service that you will not exploit, and if you do, it is subject to action.
21fc6f3f8e936be3208e6f28fdd3a38e.png

612c970e9b112d0bbbbc2e6aa14348de.png

The fact that they didn't work yet doesn't mean anything. That's like saying you had a $1,000,000 trust fund that was taken away from you, but you shouldn't be upset because you "couldn't use it for three years anyway".
It's a bit absurd to compare a video game to one million dollars. You can always trivially loot that item again. One million dollars is very difficult to come across.

So i'd like to start off with how unacceptable this is... First of all yes there was a glitch in the game and yes we exploited the glitch because well, We're pirates. Nobody expected anything less, we take what we can and give nothing back, (Well apparently we do give things back.)
Second we, the pirates, shouldn't be punished for a glitch that was not our fault, but the developers fault. It's a glitch that got past you guys not us, we're trying to get cannon rams because cannons rams just make the game more enjoyable. Oh But why would we want the game to be more enjoyable?

Not going to argue if the punishment was wrong or right

But this portion is just so epic in how wrong it is - They do expect anything less as per the terms of service. This isn't new and isn't TLOPO exclusive most all games will punish you for exploiting.

It's not as simple as "you can get the item again." Sure, there's a chance--a small one. I played POTCO since the first month the game came out and I still never got a legendary cursed weapon--I was even on the leaderboards for enemies killed most of the time.

The removal of the rams wasted the time of every single person who put in effort AND those who didn't. Effort still had to be made to make it to the "point of the exploit." And by then, there are already 5 or 6 waves that can give the loot that these people earned.

Don't say there's no reason to complain. There certainly is.

We still drive cars, even though there are people who drink and then drive.

We still have guns, even though people use them for ill-intent.

While I don't agree with this decision at all, given history, the developers and staff are not going to change their minds. Stop complaining. "It's Beta" "expect this" "you're a tester" and all that.

Back