Glitch Update removed all my Cannon Rams

It is extremely hard to tell who got their ram fairly and who used the exploit.

We had no idea CD had an exploit because no one reported it.
so you cant tell who were the people that exploited thiers so you just gunned down everyone at once? And still question remains did you atleast fix the cannon rams?

If this was a closed beta, I would say just let folks keep them since we would all be starting over again in the finished game but I believe the intention is to allow players to keep beta characters moving forward.

At the risk of sounding more judgmental than I am:

What was the need to remove items gained through exploit? No one is cheated out of gold or real money by them being acquired. Basically it just saves people a lot of time and frustration grinding for the rams. It is only an unfair advantage in the ship pvp which I have seen very little of, plus seafaring items do not seem to actually do anything yet. Otherwise it just rewards the players who have gotten their cannon skill high enough to use the higher use rams without costing them hours of clicking and risking disconnect. I do not understand why it was necessary to remove an item class which does not work from people who did get them legitimately because of those who did not.

Perhaps when those hosting the game are ready to reinstate the game, they could try to set up something where players who can prove they previously had a ram before the exploiting (previously posted screenshots predating the issue since we do have a thread for rare item drop photos) they can be given one?

At the risk of sounding more judgmental than I am
Perhaps when those hosting the game are ready to reinstate the game, they could try to set up something where players who can prove they previously had a ram before the exploiting (previously posted screenshots predating the issue since we do have a thread for rare item drop photos) they can be given one?

I think that the reason they did an all out clear was because this exploit was (apparently) in CD the whole time and no one said anything. So basically the silence of it not having been reported was all the evidence needed. Truth be told, I didn't even know it existed until someone mentioned it this morning. I knew there was some issue with ice, but I had thought that was what the patch was for so didn't think anything of it. I got a rev ram on the first loot wave I completed and left lol. I was saved from hours of firing at ship waves, but all was for naught it appears.

I had gotten these few days ago was surprised too.
View attachment 83790 View attachment 83791
It is extremely hard to tell who got their ram fairly and who used the exploit.

We had no idea CD had an exploit because no one reported it.

It is not really hard to tell if we have evidence, i had gotten iron priming ram through fishing legitimately , and i had posted it in brights/famed thread on 06/06/17

f133.png

seems to be alot of confusion, cd was closed then after several updates was open even tho drops did not work it was something to test. bugs remained and I check the server and never personally saw any do not use cd post- if that was the case we need a more obvious method to make this clear that all can find not lost in the forum maze of post but on the main page of game . cd started working so by beta status open to test. however i agree that if a exploit was used this was the best solution across the board everyone equal and rams removed. but the fact remains this isnt the only game exploit that can be discovered and any such should be reported. no one is punished by removal its simply resolved to a fresh start point. regardless of time spent on any activity the fact also remains this is beta, use of exploits or game altering or manipulation including use of glitches for personal gain does violate the tos agreement everyone agreed to. its beta we are here to test and try things out not for entitlement of max, best , or every special item we can grab for. it is sad that so many focus on the me and not the we as there is still a long way to go before full release and everyone can then play for their own goals.

I think that the reason they did an all out clear was because this exploit was (apparently) in CD the whole time and no one said anything. So basically the silence of it not having been reported was all the evidence needed. Truth be told, I didn't even know it existed until someone mentioned it this morning. I knew there was some issue with ice, but I had thought that was what the patch was for so didn't think anything of it. I got a rev ram on the first loot wave I completed and left lol. I was saved from hours of firing at ship waves, but all was for naught it appears.
The ice was my thought as well, but that had been patched the day before, so I am curious as to what this exploit actually was.

First of all, i only had 2 trash rams gotten from fishing, so no personal loss for me. And i played CD for a few minutes to see if it was working.

1. Why do you need to punish the whole community? This is a game, not an army. Indeed you couldn't distinguish whether a ram was from fishing or CD, so it was clear that innocent people would suffer. So you rather make innocent people suffer than let "guilty" people get away with their "crime" for once?
2. Why do you need punish at all? There were NO warnings on the launcher or the website, or admin chat messages. How should a player know it was banned?
3. The reason why exploits are bad, is because its unfair for the people who don't do them, who want to be challenged. But really this is beta, i don't mind if some people gain advantage for playing a buggy minigame, as this isn't even a competitive game! CD is an official part of the game, not even a real exploit.

And this seems like a quite arrogant act by the staff to punish people. Are we criminals, stupid monkeys who need to be disciplined?
And this is still a community project, (almost) everybody would volunteer to spend their time developing this game, if they could program with Panda3D and Python. Devs are just the community members who can. They should really be on the same level, friends of the community, not leaders in an office high in the clouds. Yes other must be very grateful to them, but devs should still respect the players and treat them well. Creating friction and anger between them is not good. Everyone needs to co-operate.

I don't know what an American person would say, but where i come from we would say that (this part got censored, make a guess) rose into their heads.

And in real world aside from a game, using punishment as first method against a bad thing is not good.
Is it good, that a criminal committing his first crime gets a long prison sentence? Hint: no.

Well, now it's happened and we shouldn't waste time giving rams back to innocent people. But please, i beg you, don't do this again.

Last edited:
how is that our fault we cant even get to that wave 90 which was where i think the exploit began our playtime runs out before that.

how is that our fault we cant even get to that wave 90 which was where i think the exploit began our playtime runs out before that.
I am not saying this method was a perfect one, I was just listing the reasoning I think / thought was the basis behind the inventory clear. While some frustration is justified (believe me, I lost cannon ram from fishing), we can't just bash the very people who are making the game on their own free time. There was an exploitative error that people exposed, and they had to make adjustments on the fly. Ridiculing the developers is not a very constructive approach.

How can we report an exploit if we don't witness said exploit?

If you discovered an exploit, fix it. If you know the pirates who exploited. Delete them and all their booty.

Probably not that simple. I hope we get our looted rams back. If that can't be... hopefully...when time is right, and rams can be used in game...they will drop from every varmint, fish, ferret, viper, and skelly ....I can wish.

I strongly agree with this. CD loses its entertainment value pretty quickly, and it literally hurts to grind it out to high waves.

Plus you finally get to a good wave and your playtime ends and someone takes your seat.

The whole thing is a poor design.
Unfortunately I too lost all my rams, and can definitely relate to the animosity some hold for doing it the RIGHT and CORRECT way through 3-4 hours of pure torture. I'm not sure how many folks used the exploit that was discovered, but assure everyone it was enough to eclipse the amount of us doing it legitimately. This is a harsh reminder that as this is a beta... Maybe don't YouTube you exploiting the game... And report things as they come up.... Super simple process. Apologies go out to all of you who didn't even get your ram in CD, I surprisingly also got one sailing... Also gone... Chin up folks, when it comes back out hopefully all the issues will be addressed.
As for the playtime issues, they didn't design the playtime system based on the massive time you need for Cannon Defense as it is only a small part of the game. Your frustration is understood... Things are always being worked on.
Also if you aren't sure where to report an exploit you didn't witness but heard about... Message it to any of our staff OR @MMDR

@Jamie Stormfury

It is hard to tell who got it fairly. Furthermore, no one reported this exploit and it was heavily abused.

So you rather make innocent people suffer than let "guilty" people get away with their "crime" for once?

And this is beta, a lot of things are broken, its not an exploit if somebody uses a REAL part of the game that doesn't work properly, that some people can do and some can't. I was rather happy for people who got rams from CD than upset.
And NO warnings saying do NOT play CD.

So what about my Cajun ram from Goblin Shark? Thats just gonna be shrugged off? Especially since my War Galleon is going to be Firestorm? Do you know how rare it is? I didn't even plan to get it.

There has to have been some log files to tell who cheated and who didn't this just seems like a lazy way to solve the problem instead of taking the effort to look through each persons case. Considering people had legitimate rams thats very unfair.

Back