Glitch Update removed all my Cannon Rams

So the very few people who got them unfairly matter more then upsetting your entire player-base who didn't get them unfairly?

Im sorry but im furious. I know for a fact I wont ever get Cajun ever again from how rare it is.

Same,they keep telling us there was an exploit that no one reported, but won't tell us what the exploit was?

That's actually pretty common in most MMOs when exploits are fixed, at least in my experience. I assume it's so players don't try to replicate it. Ultimately all that matters is that the devs are aware and patched it.

So the very few people who got them unfairly matter more then upsetting your entire player-base who didn't get them unfairly?

Im sorry but im furious. I know for a fact I wont ever get Cajun ever again from how rare it is.

Yea, no sign of any forgiveness, but anger and revenge instead. I guess every dev woke up in a bad mood today.

That's actually pretty common in most MMOs when exploits are fixed, at least in my experience. I assume it's so players don't try to replicate it. Ultimately all that matters is that the devs are aware and patched it.
I'd be fine with that but they are punishing every player in the game for this supposed exploit that people used and won't even tell us what it is? Tell me what I'm being punished for.

So what about my Cajun ram from Goblin Shark? Thats just gonna be shrugged off? Especially since my War Galleon is going to be Firestorm? Do you know how rare it is? I didn't even plan to get it.

There has to have been some log files to tell who cheated and who didn't this just seems like a lazy way to solve the problem instead of taking the effort to look through each persons case. Considering people had legitimate rams thats very unfair.

To the best of my knowledge, the game does not really log this sort of thing. Even if it did, it would be a massive amount of work, that could be better spent working on other issues. Hundreds of people played CD, and to go through logs for each player would take weeks.

The only bit I don't understand at this point is why Iron Priming/Priming Rams got removed, as those did not drop from CD, to the best of my knowledge.

What im wondering is why they are going to remove all cannon rams, just over a few groups of players doing something like this. Now they've done irreversible damage. Why not just remove those explicit group of players rams?

To the best of my knowledge, the game does not really log this sort of thing. Even if it did, it would be a massive amount of work, that could be better spent working on other issues. Hundreds of people played CD, and to go through logs for each player would take weeks.

The only bit I don't understand at this point is why Iron Priming/Priming Rams got removed, as those did not drop from CD, to the best of my knowledge.
They do drop from Cannon Defense, at least I've been told by a friend that his friend got iron priming from CD. I don't see why they'd bother lying about it and as far as I know every ram drops from Cannon Defense.

Gonna chime in here and probably get alot of hate.
It's in the terms of service that you won't exploit the game. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. The reason all cannon rams were removed is because there is essentially no way to figure out who acquired them through legitimate means, and who acquired them via exploiting. Eventually, the rams, as well CD, will be re-implemented, and you will be able to loot them once again.

Ok so then if some people exploited, wouldn't the number of people who exploited be significantly less then the ones who didn't (obviously) and therefore wouldn't it be extremely unfair to all the players to then fully wipe every last one off the face of the planet? (obviously)

It's in the terms of service that you won't exploit the game. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. The reason all cannon rams were removed is because there is essentially no way to figure out who acquired them through legitimate means, and who acquired them via exploiting. Eventually, the rams, as well CD, will be re-implemented, and you will be able to loot them once again.

This is beta, a lot of things are broken, its not an exploit if somebody uses a REAL part of the game that doesn't work properly, that some people can do and some can't. I was rather happy for people who got rams from CD than upset.

And why rather punish innocent people than let guilty people get away with their crime for once?

Folks would have to read that to be in tune with it, like others here including @Yulia I had the Cajun ram... Didn't even realize what I had been missing before I saw that lol. And yes Yulia I know your upset as I read your responses... Unfortunately as a few others stated... This is how alot of other MMOS do actually fix issues of the one bad apple... Cull the herd and everyone pays the price for stupidity... And that's regardless of alpha, beta, or Live status

But it doesn't have to be that way, couldn't you just remove all rams obtained from a certain date? Why is there such a lack of options, and so very little options at your guys's disposal for dealing with such an isolated issue.

And this is beta, a lot of things are broken, its not an exploit if somebody uses a REAL part of the game that doesn't work properly, that some people can do and some can't. ........And NO warnings saying do NOT play CD.

If someone is knowingly gaining some kind of 'advantage' whether it be gold, items or whatever, from a part of the game that is not intended to be giving said item that way....then by it's very definition it is an exploit.

If no one told the devs about than they could hardly warn people in advance.

Okay and does that mean that cannon rams before the exploit existed had to be removed? No no it doesn't. Because I got mine at level 30 and im now 33. So then again explain to me how its fair? I have screenshot to prove it I was just banned on forums to post it in Famed thread.

Actually that is exactly what an exploit is

Well perhaps, but in my opinion, no. At least you can't blame the "exploiter" for doing it. And there were no warnings saying do not play CD. And the update news said something like that they removed CD, fixed a bug with CD, (btw you can't expect everyone to read the update news) but in game CD worked sometimes. Confusing? Yes. So, what should you do, can you play CD? How could you know?

Back