Suggestion Ways of dealing with AFKing on ships

Some people have alternate accounts or guildmates stay with them and crew up for the 50% bonus which makes it easier to level up, also they just afk and get free loot so everyone wins

Regarding the other topic, the best fix I see is just to ask if it’s okay with the captain in the first place, if you have a good ship you can often solo mat runs anyway so always making sure it’s okay to afk first makes it go better for everyone, all the other options aren’t bad but I feel like there’s too many ways any said system could be abused or broken. Just the plain old chat system is the perfect system :D
Okay, I see the crew bonus thing now. Just ask captain? Lets be realistic. In my short time with tlopo, chatting with the captain is futile. Not only are they busy steering their ship, most of the time no answer is forthcoming. It's really tiring reading this repeated thing 'oh just ask'. It's never that easy and I don't expect people to stop what they're doing to chat with people. Even a yes is a luxury. I ask for crew please and that takes a while sometimes.

I also see where you stand on multi accounts and afk and we have nothing else to discuss.
"also they just afk and get free loot so everyone wins "

Ok so you have 12 players on board sometimes 13, if the captain chooses to only sink ships on one side there will be 6 cannons occupied that leaves about 4 repair stations opened, 4 players are then repairing ( depends on how damaged the ship is because you most certainly won't need 4 players repairing ) you'll still have 1-3 players not needing to do anything and even more if the ship is fully repaired so to me it's not a big deal but the captain should have full control of their ship, just my thoughts

Ok so you have 12 players on board sometimes 13, if the captain chooses to only sink ships on one side there will be 6 cannons occupied that leaves about 4 repair stations opened, 4 players are then repairing ( depends on how damaged the ship is because you most certainly won't need 4 players repairing ) you'll still have 1-3 players not needing to do anything and even more if the ship is fully repaired so to me it's not a big deal but the captain should have full control of their ship, just my thoughts
"depends on how damaged the ship is because you most certainly won't need 4 players repairing"
I've seen quite the opposite of ships needing repairs. I KNOW sometimes 4 repairers aren't enough many times. Been there, done that. Depends on what the captain takes on. And I think bigger ships may have more repair spots. But yes, captains should be allowed some control of people on public ships.

And if boot option is given to the owner of the ship, it should be omnipotent. NO questions asked, captain does it for any reason. Complaints can come after. I believe tlopo has an option somewhere to report a player. That could also be used for captains who people think abused the boot. I'll call it 'walk the plank button'. If it is made clear game wide that the captain of his ship open to public can boot unequivocally, then people will know their actions could result on a bath. So, it may actually create a initiative for strangers to come on and first ask to stay afk. In all the months I've sailed this game, I've never ONCE seen someone come on after me and ask to stand around.

I never set the ship to public, so no problems.
lol. i only did a few times so i can experience the stuff first hand so i would at least know a little what i'm talking about.
I still don't know how people (captains) can pay attention to 8 crew people while steering in circles and watching the battle.
If there was a way to lock my ship in a tight turn and let go of the wheel. If there is, i don't know it.

Here are my two cents, add an option to where you can stop the player from joining your ship again. And with time, the problem will have decreased.

Here are my two cents, add an option to where you can stop the player from joining your ship again. And with time, the problem will have decreased.
If you have a player on ignore, doesn that also keep them from any other input to you, such as your public ship listing? If so, we don't need another option if a captain puts said player he/she sees on ignore right away.

If they allow you to kick off people for going afk on your ship, THAT YOU PUT UP ON PUBLIC. Then I demand a way to keep people from randomly joining my looting spots >:C

If they allow you to kick off people for going afk on your ship, THAT YOU PUT UP ON PUBLIC. Then I demand a way to keep people from randomly joining my looting spots >:C
Not at all the same thing. You or anyone else hasn't any control or right with a map location. You're kidding right? Why don't we start a toll fee at every spot with more than 1 enemy along with a permit. So we pay some gold and get a permit so we can use like south idol from 1:30 to 2:15. Of course, we must also set up a location to file the requests. This would probably slow the game down more than it is, but hey, no one will be allowed to bother you.

I think it is the same thing, except you choose to open your ship to public knowing how the community is. That's why there is guilds if you don't want to deal randoms, or why you have friends. If you don't like randoms afking on your ship, then only take friends and/or guildmates. There are other options for dealing with this then crying bout afkers. There are other needs for this game that need attention then a lazy button to boot people off when you have other options to solve that. That is just how I see it.

I think it is the same thing, except you choose to open your ship to public knowing how the community is. That's why there is guilds if you don't want to deal randoms, or why you have friends. If you don't like randoms afking on your ship, then only take friends and/or guildmates. There are other options for dealing with this then crying bout afkers. There are other needs for this game that need attention then a lazy button to boot people off when you have other options to solve that. That is just how I see it.
You have a point, but I think what you contend is a minority. And I feel a majority of captains who open their ships just want to sail with help at the moment. People who take the time to arrange their own groups seem to me a small group of tlopo. A boot button is a viable solution, a very good solution. And the only criers or whiners WILL be the afkr's not able to cop an easy pile of loot.

Being in an open public part of the GAME is not the same as your ship. You really can't be standing in a cave and yell NO at someone who comes along.

Want to know what I do now with people who tell me to get lost? I throw one grenade to mess with them, then I stand dead center with a grenade in my hand and do nothing. I move to a chest every once in a while, but never throw again, just stand there. It drives these people absolutely nuts and they swear I'm throwing the whole time. And guess what, I get the spot for myself a lot quicker too.

How to solve the problem: Just stop complaining around. And don´t even bother crewing/opening your ship to the public if it´s that big of a problem. And just solo all the ships yourself and try not getting yourself killed by the hunters/warships when full.

I don't leech myself but I've never seen a problem with it. It's not like if you sink you can't get your loot... This is no different than everyone working hard to kill Foulberto then you have that one guy that hits him once, what do you do kick him off the server?

I don't leech myself but I've never seen a problem with it. It's not like if you sink you can't get your loot... This is no different than everyone working hard to kill Foulberto then you have that one guy that hits him once, what do you do kick him off the server?
And you highlighted what is being misunderstood all along. Your 15 hits are the same as his one hit as far as tagging an enemy and gets the same amount of loot. People are equating work with supposed to be getting a 'fairer' amount of loot. As far as I've seen, loot amounts are the same for everyone and always has been. Loot quality probably differs. But everyone gets the loot. I didn't understand this early on and thought with many people that late comers were changing my drops in some way. I don't believe that is true.

One way I've seen possible rep effect is when working a mob and some one takes out an enemy before you had a change to hit it. That still isn't stealing, it's just hitting first. I lost an enemy to game function, I didn't own that enemy so it was not 'stolen' from me. I was beaten to it.
I don't own the mob. I owe no obligation to your work effort load.

LOL, another thread devolving into the "boot player" option that will never be implemented for obvious potential to abuse the boot option...
However, what you can do is kick pirates from crew who are doing nothing. This can be tricky tho, since a full ship cannot accommodate all the players sitting on cannons and some pirates will appear to be doing nothing only because yer an awesome capn and taking no damage, leaving those without cannons with nothing to do.
But besides all of that, after kicking afk players from crew, you sink yer own ship, and let everyone die. Then you repair yer ship, relaunch it and only allow crew back on. Then you port immediately, without using the cannons, and you and your crew get all the loot, and the afk players are left high and dry, in jail!
Tedious, but a fun workaround for the afk crew!

"depends on how damaged the ship is because you most certainly won't need 4 players repairing"
I've seen quite the opposite of ships needing repairs. I KNOW sometimes 4 repairers aren't enough many times. Been there, done that. Depends on what the captain takes on. And I think bigger ships may have more repair spots. But yes, captains should be allowed some control of people on public ships.

And if boot option is given to the owner of the ship, it should be omnipotent. NO questions asked, captain does it for any reason. Complaints can come after. I believe tlopo has an option somewhere to report a player. That could also be used for captains who people think abused the boot. I'll call it 'walk the plank button'. If it is made clear game wide that the captain of his ship open to public can boot unequivocally, then people will know their actions could result on a bath. So, it may actually create a initiative for strangers to come on and first ask to stay afk. In all the months I've sailed this game, I've never ONCE seen someone come on after me and ask to stand around.
I totally agree with you. The owner should have control of who is aboard. I have had several ppl board and ask whether it's ok to go afk for the run and lots that asked before going afk mid run, I never say no to anyone who politely asks even though I prefer crew that work for the loot. There are some captains that prefer their crew to only repair and not shoot, generally copperhead captains. I just think it's more fun if everyone's involved and so that's my preference.

Back