Release Notes 2018-2-16 tlopo-rc-v1.10.0

I seem to recall the "upgrade" feature was part of the POTCO sailing experience. It wasn't a bug. We enjoyed it and used sailing for much more than just to get materials. This is where our guild bonds, where we find new and interesting friends or recruit new guildmates, where we engage with one another while sorting loot and talking about the bright clothes and famed weapons we just acquired. Then we'd run out to do it again.... and again. The bug fix KILLED sailing and there is now ZERO chance to get db or brights from sailing with this "fix." The only true bug was being able to retrieve lost loot after sinking. I am sickened by this choice by our Devs. :(

smh

While i dont care for this particular "fix", I will say I just looted a db shirt from sailing so not sure what you mean...

No I don't have an old launcher. Are you playing right now and what server are you on. At least maybe I can get you to put my newest character in the guild and I can play it till this one is fixed. I sent a report to support.

I'm glad to see more bugs being fixed, and the devs actively working to improve the game, but the removal of the sailing loot overflow "bug" was a poor decision in my opinion. As someone who plays TLOPO almost exclusively for the sailing experience, this is a big change (if it is as I have seen on this thread, I've not yet played the update). Back in POTCO, you were able too loot for as long as you wanted, getting tons of cargo, meaning the longer you stayed out, and the more risk you took, the better reward. By making it so that, once a ship reaches capacity, you have no option but to port, it makes sailing an almost useless form of looting for gold or gear, because you'll have to port with 6 cargo crates, 2 treasure chests and 4 loot pouches, then turn around and go back out, which by the way, is always quite risky as of late, with crashes and district resets. Everything else on that list I'm a fan of, but I think the removal of this "bug" (I quote bug because it was in the original game and wasn't ever fixed) was a poor decision. Just my two cents, and bear in mind I've not yet played the update. I very well may be misinterpreting the patch notes, so if I am disregard this comment, and correct me :)

View attachment 100644 I have tried several times to get on the game and this is the screen I get before I am even on screen. I cannot log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does the same thing with my one pirate. The other three I have I can get on just not this one. It is the one I have been playing the most lately. So I am not sure why it is not letting me on this one. And before anyone says anything. I checked my email and I have not been banned on that pirate. I am an old lady and don't play those games.

In the same predicament prevented from creating a district reset..

No I don't have an old launcher. Are you playing right now and what server are you on. At least maybe I can get you to put my newest character in the guild and I can play it till this one is fixed. I sent a report to support.
Pepper Burnsilver My only main Character I hope for another patch soon...

ty ty Mike!!!
By the way my computer is Windows 10 but I play the game in compatibility mode 7. If that helps them any. Mike also wanted to let you know more people are starting to post about having this problem. Probably a lot of people didn't get on after the update last night with it being late. Hopefully not to many more will be having the problem today.

Last edited:
I'm very unhappy with what this update has done to sailing. I haven't been playing this game for very long and I understand the idea is to fix all the glitches and make it as close to POTCO as possible. However, the loot glitch allowed for long loot runs which many of us participated in and enjoyed. In fact, the majority of my friends in the game come from these loot runs. We all knew the cargo was glitched but we didn't realize how just how enjoyable that glitch was until after this update. With this update you can still find yourself out at sea for a while on a loot run, making way less than half the gold and way less loot. In my opinion, a loot run just isn't worth the amount of time that goes into it right now for what you end up with. These changes don't just affect loot runs though, they also affect the mat runs. The grind to get enough mats for a ship upgrade was already difficult enough, but now a percentage of each mat run is dedicated to loot chests (since they have become irreplaceable). And on top of that, mat runs give hardly any gold. Personally, I enjoyed how the loot system was set up. To me, it felt as if the reward was worth the amount of time spent on the sea, and I cannot say that about the runs I've had since the update.

Last edited:
I'm very unhappy with what this update has done to sailing. I haven't been playing this game for very long and I understand the idea is to fix all the glitches and make it as close to POTCO as possible. However, the loot glitch allowed for long loot runs which many of us participated in and enjoyed. In fact, the majority of my friends in the game come from these loot runs. We all knew the cargo was glitched but we didn't realize how just how enjoyable that glitch was until after this update. With this update you can still find yourself out at sea for a while on a loot run, making way less than half the gold and way less loot. In my opinion, a loot run just isn't worth the amount of time that goes into it right now for what you end up with. These changes don't just affect loot runs though, they also affect the mat runs. The grind to get enough mats for a ship upgrade was already difficult enough, but now a percentage of each run is dedicated to loot chests (since they have become irreplaceable). And on top of that, mat runs give hardly any gold. Personally, I enjoyed how the loot system was set up. To me, it felt as if the reward was worth the amount of time spent on the sea, and I cannot say that about the runs I've had since the update.
it was a bug and it was fixed

it was a bug and it was fixed
"bug" Let's not forget how long this "bug" was part of the original game. Long enough, that many people thought this was a feature. I started playing POTCO just months after it released, and for as long as I remember, sailing loot, reacted in the way it did before this update. That's why I quoted the word bug in my post, feels like a stretch to me calling it a bug, when it was part of the game for so long.

Back