Announcement Brief Update

@Johnny Telltale @Shamus The Brute It's clear you two came from different projects. But I wish you wouldn't argue. All of us are here because of our love for the game, and tensions can get high, sure. Especially for the people working their booties off behind the scenes to ensure a smooth reopening. I've been following TLOPO since early 2016 and haven't even had a chance to play the darn thing yet because it's always closed when I remember to take a look (I checked up again on March 7th, even had a playtime reserved just to realize the game was down).

Enough rambling. Point is, how can we feel a sense of community if our founders/devs can't publicly get along. I love this game but seeing, well, any form of ill will towards another just makes me want to sail solo when I finally get back in.

@Johnny Telltale @Shamus The Brute It's clear you two came from different projects. But I wish you wouldn't argue. All of us are here because of our love for the game, and tensions can get high, sure. Especially for the people working their booties off behind the scenes to ensure a smooth reopening. I've been following TLOPO since early 2016 and haven't even had a chance to play the darn thing yet because it's always closed when I remember to take a look (I checked up again on March 7th, even had a playtime reserved just to realize the game was down).

Enough rambling. Point is, how can we feel a sense of community if our founders/devs can't publicly get along. I love this game but seeing, well, any form of ill will towards another just makes me want to sail solo when I finally get back in.

Hey there!

I'm not a dev (since that's generally used alone to refer to game developers), just to clarify, and I've no issues with Shamus - though I do wish he would choose to play the game and have fun with us all, he's a good guy and we'd all love to make some memories with him. That being said, I do reply when I'm tagged generally :p. As for founder, that's only relating to forums founder - it has nothing to do with TLOPO.

I assure you there's no ill will, and the community is very strong and uplifting - you need only look around the forums and see all the positive comments and interactions between one another. I wouldn't let the bickering between two people dissuade you from sailing with the TLOPO community :p

Also, worth noting but there's always going to be some sort of negativity with anything in life. It's up to us to look past that and focus on the positive people around us, as that is how you build a good community. Focusing on just the odd bad bit or two will only drive you mad, and it'd be a shame to stop sailing with all your friends over a small bit of negativity between others ;)

Last edited:
Hey there!

I'm not a dev (since that's generally used alone to refer to game developers), just to clarify, and I've no issues with Shamus - though I do wish he would choose to play the game and have fun with us all, he's a good guy and we'd all love to make some memories with him. That being said, I do reply when I'm tagged generally :p. As for founder, that's only relating to forums founder - it has nothing to do with TLOPO.

I assure you there's no ill will, and the community is very strong and uplifting - you need only look around the forums and see all the positive comments and interactions between one another. I wouldn't let the bickering between two people dissuade you from sailing with the TLOPO community :p

Also, worth noting but there's always going to be some sort of negativity with anything in life. It's up to us to look past that and focus on the positive people around us, as that is how you build a good community. Focusing on just the odd bad bit or two will only drive you mad, and it'd be a shame to stop sailing with all your friends over a small bit of negativity between others ;)

Fair enough, and I apologize for my mistake. And I'm aware there's a lot of negativity xD I work at Wal-Mart and that's all I get every single day. But I do suppose there are those few families that are just stellar in their behavior towards others. I do look forward to those days. I greatly look forward to being able to play again. Especially since it's free this time around (Though I would happily pay for it).

It was hard to access everything back in 2009 because I was 13 with no form of income.

I apologize again for assuming the situation in a different manner. It's difficult to discern the positions of staff on the forums and those who are coding hard in the background.

With that ramble being said, I hope to see you all on the high seas. Sorry again for jumping to conclusions.

Fair enough, and I apologize for my mistake. And I'm aware there's a lot of negativity xD I work at Wal-Mart and that's all I get every single day. But I do suppose there are those few families that are just stellar in their behavior towards others. I do look forward to those days. I greatly look forward to being able to play again. Especially since it's free this time around (Though I would happily pay for it).

It was hard to access everything back in 2009 because I was 13 with no form of income.

I apologize again for assuming the situation in a different manner. It's difficult to discern the positions of staff on the forums and those who are coding hard in the background.

With that ramble being said, I hope to see you all on the high seas. Sorry again for jumping to conclusions.

Hey, it's all good mate! I hope you're having a great time on the forums and enjoying what the community has to offer. There's a lot of great people on here (and I do mean a lot), so you'll fit in great. :)

Hope you enjoyed the brief update we gave in this post, and don't forget to check out the latest dev stream for more fun updates! If you happen to spot me in-game, feel free to shoot a friend quest, may just try to join your ship one day ;)

Thanks! Couple quick questions:
1. Was curious about your acct name, funny how it spells "worsen" backwards.
2. Also curious about your choice of sig, what's the inspiration for that?

Thanks for asking!
1) I used to play SWTOR when it first came out. I was actually a pre-teen at the time. I have very fond memories of that game, and the name of my main was Nesrow, hence my acct name!
2) I've always been fascinated by John Donne's poem of the same name. It resonated deep with me, for some odd reason. As for the picture, few historical events have left me as shocked when I first learned of them as the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Even now, it leaves me somewhat speechless. One of our greatest leaders struck down in a matter of seconds. Dying right in front of his wife's eyes. It's difficult to wipe away the image of Jackie walking, holding her brother's hand while wearing her blood-stained pink suit. In fact, it's been burned in my mind since I first saw it. It seems so surreal to me. In my opinion, it was once of the darkest days in the history of this country.

So that's why I chose the quote and picture. They seem to both resonate deeply and they almost go hand in hand.
Thanks so much for asking and taking an interest in me! Cheers!

EDIT: For those who may not know, the picture in my sig is John F. Kennedy's wife, Jackie, holding her daughter's hand at John's funeral.

Hey there...just to clarify, and I've no issues with Shamus...he's a good guy and we'd all love to make some memories with him. That being said, I do reply when I'm tagged generally...
@Johnny Telltale - A very kind thing for you to say. Thank you. As such, you wouldn't have a problem if I ask you a few questions on your forums profile - would you? :confused: (I don't private message people anymore but when I do, it is only with a handful of known friends).

Again, I appreciate someone like Dean explaining things openly to the community because a lot of people were becoming antsy. Much appreciated. ;)

@Johnny Telltale - A very kind thing for you to say. Thank you. As such, you wouldn't have a problem if I ask you a few questions on your forums profile - would you? :confused: (I don't private message people anymore but when I do, it is only with a handful of known friends).

Again, I appreciate someone like Dean explaining things openly to the community because a lot of people were becoming antsy. Much appreciated. ;)

I agree, great of Dean to explain things - awesome guy :)

It's gone from .9 to .11.3 in the last week I think. They're obviously getting a lot done, which hopefully means they will be close to reopening soon. We have to remember that as more server updates come, that means more glitches being fixed, but unfortunately that means more glitches will be popping up.

I feel they may have to decide when it's time to keep SOME glitches in the game that are not very game-breaking, because there will never be a point where no glitches will be there. Every time a glitch is fixed, another one is created. They may have to get ok with having some glitches.

I feel they may have to decide when it's time to keep SOME glitches in the game that are not very game-breaking, because there will never be a point where no glitches will be there. Every time a glitch is fixed, another one is created. They may have to get ok with having some glitches
I kind of agree with you there. Every game has glitches. I'll be happy as long as they get most of the game-breaking ones fixed.

Back