Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
Nine years ago, beta tester were no longer needed at POTCO. Those whom which to continual with honorable status. The first to order a certified Pirates Of The Caribbean Map. So I did order it and got, the certified map and founder badge. There was only 3600 maps available, but the badge was more than I thought. Also we had to pay by the year. I had my fill because there were a group of stuck-up founders, whom wouldn't give you the help you asked. So choose your founders status wisely, cause there be no second chance. It takes one riot item to ruin a bushel.

This map measure 11.5" x 17.5". Only this piece of paper, which is aging like parchment. Is all that could be uploaded and I made a mistake. Only 3500 maps not 3600 maps

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 172
I think the best solution would be to have it so that if you had a alpha key or a beta key you get founder. It rewards those who either found or earned keys in general. I know a lot of people spend hours and hours digging and such but I always felt it was a honor to be a founder. its not The other good option might be to not have founders at all.

GM Shadow Blood-
Jay Maelstorm

Just like to point out, I and a friend at the time both bought the map, but it never came for us. We didnt pay for the year back then too, since trying it out (plus my parents wanted to make sure I would actually play lol). But I remember being promise a map and flag when I join and looked everyday for it. I think the idea alpha gets a certain badge and betas get a certain one sounds like a win win and hopefully no compliants would follow. Just my opinion.

I stated this a while back, and see others saying this as well.

I personally am in favor of having a new badge implemented for Alpha Testers, and one for Beta Testers. I haven't really seen anyone come up with a counter argument against this idea. (If you have an argument against this, please say so, I want to hear and understand that perspective)

If they MUST bring back the Founder's coin, which it sounds like they've said they will, I do not think it should be used so broadly such as 'all testers' and we know that giving it to 'only key holders' it could also be problematic.
This is only MY view (which is a little biased I'll be honest) the Founder's coins should be for the original Founders in potco, and if it was to be extended to any others, I think anyone who has been/is part of the development team of Tlopo.

I stated this a while back, and see others saying this as well.

I personally am in favor of having a new badge implemented for Alpha Testers, and one for Beta Testers. I haven't really seen anyone come up with a counter argument against this idea. (If you have an argument against this, please say so, I want to hear and understand that perspective)

If they MUST bring back the Founder's coin, which it sounds like they've said they will, I do not think it should be used so broadly such as 'all testers' and we know that giving it to 'only key holders' it could also be problematic.
This is only MY view (which is a little biased I'll be honest) the Founder's coins should be for the original Founders in potco, and if it was to be extended to any others, I think anyone who has been/is part of the development team of Tlopo.
That might work.

Last edited:
I'd say give them a Nice green coin with a A on it for Alpha

you do realise with out us alph testers the game would not be in beta right now right? why should someone that by chansedug up a key become a found when someone by change got a key from key drop? this is flawed

Back