Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
it is all keys not people who played beta without a key any player who has a key by the time of the realse will recieve the reward only beta key users @OrionSenpai if i confused you

I may be a bit late to this, as I'm sure you guys have already discussed what you're going to be doing with the founders program, but if not, I think giving the players with beta keys a founder chip would be an awesome idea in my opinion. Thanks!

Last edited:
I say people that played in alpha get a gold founder coin and people that played in beta get a silver coin

This doesn't make sense to me because 1. There was never a silver coin in potco. 2. A silver coin would take most of the meaning out of the gold one and 3. This is technically still beta and it wouldn't be special for everyone to have a coin that currently plays the game. Just my opinion though.

This doesn't make sense to me because 1. There was never a silver coin in potco. 2. A silver coin would take most of the meaning out of the gold one and 3. This is technically still beta and it wouldn't be special for everyone to have a coin that currently plays the game. Just my opinion though.

He's referring to the unused Silver founder coin that could be found in the files.

Yes! Recognition for playing an identical remake of a game 10 years after the release of the original game is really important. Y'all gonna look so kewl with those badges!

I still think anyone with a key should get a gold coin, anyone that PLAYED during ALPHA should get a silver coin
I do believe people with beta keys should get a gold name tag, but I also think alpha players should get gold and give closed beta players silver. But that works too.

I do believe people with beta keys should get a gold name tag, but I also think alpha players should get gold and give closed beta players silver. But that works too.
if every alpha player got a gold one there would be about 50k, if only people with keys got them there would be maybe 3k, which i think is a good amount. Anyone that played during alpha though should get a silver coin

if every alpha player got a gold one there would be about 50k, if only people with keys got them there would be maybe 3k, which i think is a good amount. Anyone that played during alpha though should get a silver coin
There was less than 50k by the end of alpha XD check your numbers.

I was a founder in the original game. I won't lie, I miss the gold.

It was fun to help those new people because they always felt special being helped by a "founder," because they really didn't know what it meant. It just means someone who joined the game super early. And it should still have that meaning. The staff used to have it too, when they came to Islands for events. By the time the game was over, nobody really knew what it meant. I was asked constantly why my name was gold. They didn't know because most of us old timers had stopped playing, and the staff had for sure stopped coming online.

I joined the first day of it's opening. I saw the commercials on TV and counted down the days with my little brother. I even played when I was in the hospital at 14. We played until the last day, with breaks in-between of course.

I should also add that contests can't always be fair. And not everyone who helps out in the game is on this forum. And not everyone is recognized. And this forum doesn't like everyone and has equal opportunities. You guys have kept everything exactly the same, why deviate now? Founder means you were one of the first to play. It should still mean exactly that.

Pilgrims in America mean first European settlers. That title wasn't given to "special" Pilgrims who grow corn better than others. It just means one of the first. Same with Founder. Founders "settled" Pirates Online. Stupid comparison, I know.
Exactly! (Nothing stupid... I totally agree with you) By the time POTCO was coming to an end there were hardly any Founders out and about... I know, I was there but each time you saw one it still had an "aire" of awesomeness... Wow! (They were there from the start!)

I've posted a lot on this topic many months ago and I won't post again but ScarlettT you understand, it only added to the game and years down the track (long term view) if we still have "a good number" of Founders running around it will be all the better for the longevity and success of TLOPO.

People will still get the same "Wow" (we just need a lot more Founders this time to last the distance)... this is purely from a marketing perspective nothing to do with "ego's" the simple fact would be the same as the first time around... turn up next year or "be born" a few years later "Ya just can't be a Founder... Arrr", "Weren't there, didn't do it" just like the Pilgrims, The Wild West and the Stone Age... etc.

The main point is that it ADDS to the game and works in the favour of the game... priceless;)
:pirate ship:

We're play times a thing back in alpha? I seem to remember it being only key players, i'm probably remembering wrong though.

Back