Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
Online polls aren't trustworthy. Too easily biased.
only way is nonresponse bias, which isnt a big deal because if people dont give their opinion to vote they cant complain about the result, if we have a poll that way the majority should get what they want.

Honestly. No. Founders in my opinion should be for people that worked with staff or are with the team itself. or else everyone would have it. and it will have no real purpose in the game.
Atmosphere, nostalgia of POTCO and a great talking point in the future for new comers.

Everyone shouldn't have it, only those which it is decided should have it. There have been lot's of constructive suggestions above as to how to determine this, I like my suggestion...lol and some others. But still think if it's open to only Alpha players for example that they should still have to clock up X amount of play time by say 19th Sept 2017.

How come you always write in a different color?
Trying to keep it dynamic! Add a bit of fun or maybe even annoy someone that's overly OCD about it... I like your signature text in different colours too btw.:D
:pirate ship:

Well I feel uncomfortable seeing @Mike Wass without a TLOPO staff Tag next to his name on Forums and the idea that I might see Mike in game without a Game Masters Tag is weird.

Mike obviously should have a Founders Tag and I never understood right from the start why all the staff didn't have them? Even now looking at pictures many GM's don't have them or is it just they choose not to display them? Maybe someone can explain.:)

Well I feel uncomfortable seeing @Mike Wass without a TLOPO staff Tag next to his name on Forums and the idea that I might see Mike in game without a Game Masters Tag is weird.

Mike obviously should have a Founders Tag and I never understood right from the start why all the staff didn't have them? Even now looking at pictures many GM's don't have them or is it just they choose not to display them? Maybe someone can explain.:)
Purple text on Dark theme is torture to read xD The GM's on POTCO mainly chose not to display them, such as some of the original developers not displaying that they were developers, and just playing with us quietly.

Hi Solomon, All TLOPO staff have tags, many choose to not have them on so they can just enjoy the game :)

Purple text on Dark theme is torture to read xD The GM's on POTCO mainly chose not to display them, such as some of the original developers not displaying that they were developers, and just playing with us quietly.

Changed the Colour : ) Thanks for the response, what I was specifically interested in was do they all have Founders Tags... if you guy's know?:eek: Cheers!:cheers:

I think when the full release comes out, in the first week or so they should hand out to those people who played it then. Not to say it's not fair for alpha or beta testers, but then it's fair for people who weren't fortunate enough to find this amazing community. Many people join us everyday, so I think they should have the chance to be a founder as well. The new members are the ones who keep the community alive. There are many people back in 2012 or whenever this forum was made, that haven't been here in years. Just my thoughts that's all! :D

I think when the full release comes out, in the first week or so they should hand out to those people who played it then. Not to say it's not fair for alpha or beta testers, but then it's fair for people who weren't fortunate enough to find this amazing community. Many people join us everyday, so I think they should have the chance to be a founder as well. The new members are the ones who keep the community alive. There are many people back in 2012 or whenever this forum was made, that haven't been here in years. Just my thoughts that's all! :D
This is a good point but then everyone has a Founders tag and it loses its meaning. I don't support Founders tags, but I still like to read people's points of view :)

Remember, when POTCO launched everyone was a founder, everyone had a gold tag on day one thru day 30 (if I remember correctly). It was no big deal that all looked the same. It was only after a few months that the blue tags started showing up more and more. This would be no different.

Remember, when POTCO launched everyone was a founder, everyone had a gold tag on day one thru day 30 (if I remember correctly). It was no big deal that all looked the same. It was only after a few months that the blue tags started showing up more and more. This would be no different.

True, but I imagine that this time it will take longer than it did back then for the founders to become a rarity.

I personally think that the founders tag should be given to either the alpha testers or keep it reserved for the GMs. The alpha testers had to suffer through crashes, bugs, glitches etc. far more than the rest of us had to during beta.

As for giving it to everybody within X amount of time after full release, I agree with others here that there would be far too many founders and the novelty that was once associated with the tag will be gone. Same thing goes with all beta testers regardless of keys. As for it being on a first come first serve basis, I don't think that is completely fair to those who have a time consuming life outside this game.

I guess I could accept founder tags to be given to those only those with beta keys. This would obviously also include the alpha testers since their keys transitioned over to beta. I don't think there was that many key holders relative to the number of players without keys. At least with this way there would be a fair amount of founders but it wouldn't be overwhelming.

I seem to recall its a privilege to play the game, and our job to report bugs and issues prior to full release,alpha and beta . You did read and agree to terms of service, in theory at least.An to abide by them. With only the pleasure of playing for the first time or replaying again,with or without rewards, a awesome game, returned to life by the staff and others that have added to the project along the way. to grow into a loyal and healthy community.
That said, regarding founders: Being here every day from day 1 or just joined prior to that final release, key or not(which is as much luck as just playing enough) we are testers and regardless of how much we just play for fun.
Do we support and contribute to the experience?
Are we still there thru thick and thin?
Thru bugs, crashes, resets,lost loot,glitches known yet unresolved,extended maintenance, do we hang tuff and wait and offer other than just complaints or demands for more?
Do we report bugs and add content not just trolling, to the community forum?
And once the project goes to full release, are we still here 30 days later and beyond?
Then to me once the project is complete ,we enter a new age and everyone that was part of that was /is a founder of that dream! We all helped re create, contribute, test, and keep alive a dream that many joined to support along the way- staff,mods, alts, beta and alpha,testers and players. But as to tags- how many given matters naught how many remain 1-3 years latter speaks legion to the support of the project and the dream. To still see legion tags here at version 1.13.i suspect will still be rare compared to the legion that will join us after full release and those tagged that we lose along the way..

Founders tags added Atmosphere to the game when it was POTCO and they continue to add to it now (no one would argue against that I think), anyone that has one doesn't have to display it if they don't want to, everyone can be incognito anytime they want.

The poll and most people agree that it adds to the game, this will be especially noticeable a few years down the track. I've always enjoyed seeing people with Founders Tags just like most people have, it would be a bit sad if there were none this time around, or so few Founders Tags that it would be meaningless and loose all the effect it had for other players in POTCO.

By making a Founders Tag a "bigger deal" than it really is we make those people that already have them in TLOPO feel uncomfortable, as there are so few of them, with suitable numbers they can all "feel free" to display it if they want to and be "one of the crowd". (A small crowd against the hundreds of thousands of future players, that it may be)

We shouldn't think of ourselves in terms of the meaning of Founders Tags or give Founders Tags some sort of "Super Meaning" that is "too elite" to be used. We should just have PLENTY of them for the fun of those coming in the future to marvel at, just like last time... that's what I believe.:dance1:
:coke::pirate ship::treasure:

Last edited:
Founders tags added Atmosphere to the game when it was POTCO and they continue to add to it now (no one would argue against that I think), anyone that has one doesn't have to display it if they don't want to, everyone can be incognito anytime they want.

The poll and most people agree that it adds to the game, this will be especially noticeable a few years down the track. I've always enjoyed seeing people with Founders Tags just like most people have, it would be a bit sad if there were none this time around, or so few Founders Tags that it would be meaningless and loose all the effect it had for other players in POTCO.

By making a Founders Tag a "bigger deal" than it really is we make those people that already have them in TLOPO feel uncomfortable, as there are so few of them, with suitable numbers they can all "feel free" to display it if they want to and be "one of the crowd". (A small crowd against the hundreds of thousands of future players, that it may be)

We shouldn't think of ourselves in terms of the meaning of Founders Tags or give Founders Tags some sort of "Super Meaning" that is "too elite" to be used. We should just have PLENTY of them for the fun of those coming in the future to marvel at, just like last time... that's what I believe.:dance1:
:coke::pirate ship::treasure:

But here's the thing this isn't the same as potco AT ALL. All their favorite game is back after four years they're going to cling to this thing like nothing you've ever seen. The truth is there has to be a smaller amount of founders however sad it may be.

But here's the thing this isn't the same as potco AT ALL. All their favorite game is back after four years they're going to cling to this thing like nothing you've ever seen. The truth is there has to be a smaller amount of founders however sad it may be.
??? I think you need to expand on your argument, there doesn't "have to be" a smaller number... why?

My understanding is that we need MORE than last time, from a Marketing and general "future" of the game point of view... I'm trying to be objective.

I'm all for making something extra for the developers and others that have poured their "blood sweat and tears" into this, or some other type of Founder/Early supporters type thing for the rest of those that have been here.

For example, Founders for the "masses" could still be the Gold "F" Tag but the name could be a normal colour, not Gold, or whatever. Or Founders that are Dev's etc. could have a "C" for Crew or the rest could have an "E" for early, or "A" for Alpha or "B" for Beta or TLOPO Crew could have an "Omega" symbol and the others could have "Theta" or "Epsilon" or whatever... let's have em! + + +:bang:

No one should get founder status. Lets keep everyone equal in the community. Its not like those players who have been supporting the game for a long time will stop playing because they didn't get it. Here's the deal, even if alpha testers get a gold medal and beta testers get a silver one, it creates problems. Beta testers will just end up envious of alpha testers, and everyone else of them. When only those with keys get founder is another one of the methods that will create problems in the community. That's even worse. Now all of the players that have been active, but couldn't acquire a key.

No one should get founder status. Lets keep everyone equal in the community. Its not like those players who have been supporting the game for a long time will stop playing because they didn't get it. Here's the deal, even if alpha testers get a gold medal and beta testers get a silver one, it creates problems. Beta testers will just end up envious of alpha testers, and everyone else of them. When only those with keys get founder is another one of the methods that will create problems in the community. That's even worse. Now all of the players that have been active, but couldn't acquire a key.

but then what if years from now i tell someone i was in closed alpha in game and they laugh at me calling me a lier?

Back