Discussion MEGATHREAD: Downtime Discussion

When do you think the game will reopen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope it gets up within the next week or two. For a two month downtime, it's kind of ridiculous there isn't some sort of approximation released , but then again I think everyone understands why they don't want to give us one.

About a month ago they stated on their Facebook page that it would only take a few more days, but unfortunately that didn't happen since they encountered more bugs. So I think they're afraid to give another estimate because they fear something like that will happen again.

Well, they said it would be "MUCH shorter" than the Alpha - Beta downtime which was 80 days. It's been 62 so far, so within the next two weeks (although, in reality, "MUCH shorter" would imply it being shorter by probably at least two weeks, likely more, so hopefully sooner than that).

Lol Yulia where is the "possibly indefinitely postponed" option XD.

Just kidding.

IMG_2208.PNG

Lol hold tHE PHONE. I believe the ORIGINAL wording was "definitely shorter than the transition from alpha to beta".

As stated before tho, I really don't care, it's just a bit entertaining to watch.

Sorry if I can't remember the exact wording of a stream from 2 months ago matey, but I double checked and that is certainly not the original wording either ;). The point still stands either way, I wouldn't sweat it too much :p

Do keep in mind, some of the developers may be in school of some kind (high-college, or even working at a school). Some people have pointed out being glad that it isn't released now, waiting til summer is good(when school is on break). The developers may be in the same situation of having academic pressure to complete those tests correctly(or grade them all). They are using their own time to work on this game, and things like school could affect its progress. I for one say take the time you need developers to get the game functional without much issues, real life happens.

I get that people are impatient because they said it would be a lot shorter than three months and it's already been more than two, but unexpected bugs/problems are always possible and I'd rather they get the big issues out of the way now, instead of having another extended update down the road. And like @Kat Heartbonney said, a lot of the people working on the game are doing this during their free time because they attend school or have a job.

I'm not sure if they ever had a set time when they would open the game again (other than the fact that the Devs said it would be a shorter amount of time than Alpha to Beta). But I think we could assume that the extended time came when this thread or this one were posted

Back