Discussion MEGATHREAD: Downtime Discussion

When do you think the game will reopen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure you've heard this a lot, but they don't give out release dates to avoid disappointment in the community. It won't take longer than 3 months is the only estimate that was given, but from what I've seen, I think it will be back possibily today, if not by the end of the month (just my guess, no official statement).

You can see the server status live here: https://stats.uptimerobot.com/wVvk7u0DN

Mike wass also mentioned this yesterday, so you never know ;)
It all really depends. If we can get our servers tested enough where we can open for everyone, it's very possible. We will be back open incredibly soon, which'll get this prod testing underway!

Short answer is no, at the moment you cannot play the game. The extended maintenance is to inject a massive update into the game which should get it close if not identical to POTCO when it shut down a few years ago. The projected timeframe for the maintenance was about two weeks which has at this point been passed, so within the next week or so I'd expect the game to be back. Do not quote me on that though as I'm just speculating

I never played this game (not once) when it was still opened by Disney.

I check to see if the maintenance is done everyday about 3 times a day.

lol

Here are some messages from the dev team:
10 hours/8 hours (sorry its greek)
upload_2017-3-26_9-36-39.png

upload_2017-3-26_9-37-38.png

Hiding name for privacy, first person is me :p

QUOTE: Mike Wass in his latest Two Tales...

"I'm happy to report that the database has been successfully migrated entirely to the new server."
(Probably in my limited understanding the biggest and scariest part of the process! ie. We all loose our Pirates!)
&
"We are almost ready to release the game to the community on our live/production servers."

(Fair weather and good winds part!)

So it does give the impression it could be any day, in the next week or two even... but who knows, as they keep reminding everyone things can change, things are going smoothly now but there could be an unexpected bottle neck at any stage. SoonTM as the saying goes...lol.

Fingers crossed for fair winds and good fortune!:thumbsup:
:pirate ship::sunny:

Last edited:
I would love to say.....it would be an incredible birthday gift...and I really need a good b'day gift or any b'day gift for that matter! April 19th.
By your estimate of the game opening on the 19th would mean they were only half way through the update, considering they said the game was almost ready to open, I think it's safe to say we can expect it much earlier than that.

Back