Has anyone else noticed this problem?

• Yes

Votes: 52 96.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to get the dagger and voodoo doll but I keep on having to do the same tasks when I go talk to Will and Tiadalma.

So, I got on to my playtime today. It is my first time playing since the update (I think?). I get on and check my quests and two old quests reappeared. I now have the Get a Sword and Get a Doll quests again, but I already have them finished, and those weapons unlocked. Should I just leave these quests alone? Could I lose progress?

How in the world did I just unlock the Cuba Teleportation Quest when I already completed it ages ago???

Edit: And Rudyard's Teeth Treasure Quest? And the Voodoo Doll Weapon Unlock Quest?

I am a rank 31, this is just strange.

Last edited:
So I'm doing the black pearl quest, and I have to recover 3 types of exotic rum for Gunner. In the journal it doesn't show the other 2 types of ships i need to defeat. Any ideas to fix it? Logging didn't work but I will try that again.
Screenshot (47).png
Also, this occurred after crashing right as I pressed shift to turn in the previous quest to Gunner.

Last edited:
How in the world did I just unlock the Cuba Teleportation Quest when I already completed it ages ago???
It should vaporize if you restart your game. This is a known issue. If you're still getting it, try eliminating your game's cache & tlopo.exe to see if that fixes your problem for now.

I saw that old quests were reappearing in journal and was very excited. The Cuba Teleportation quest vanished out of my journal some time back when I was only halfway through.

So I logged back in, the quest was still at where I'd been when it vanished. I finished killing the remaining gators (the flytraps I'd previously completed, but that part was not showing in the journal
https://prntscr.com/fdhutm ) and visited Tia Dalma and redeemed the quest. Got the "good job" message and received 525 notoriety points. There was still a green circle around Tia so I foolishly clicked it again. And got the TP quest all over again. Did not have TP ability for Cuba. So I had to start the quest over again.

Then I leveled up my doll during the 2nd attempt and all side quests (including the Cuba TP, erroneous Doll quest and Rudyard's Teeth) disappeared from my journal. Relogged, got all of the quests back in journal, but as if I'd never made progress...had to go back and receive the quest from Tia Dalma and start over again. Finally managed to complete the quest and get Cuba TP. Got the 525 rep again, so there's a potential exploit. You could keep completing that quest (as long as you don't level a weapon in the process, thereby stopping your quest progress), turning it in and turning right around and accepting again, getting 525 rep for each completion.

Still have the doll quest, even though my doll is at level 10 and the Cuba TP return to Tia message is still in journal. No biggie.

Went and got the Rudyard's Teeth quest from Jack. Kill 25 Duelists. Was approximately 1/2 way through when I leveled my cutlass and the kills stopped counting. Checked and sure enough...all side quests had vanished from journal.

Re-logged and they were all back, and all at 0% progress. "Visit Jack Sparrow to receive Rudyard's Teeth quest".

During all of this there were random crashes, and having to relog multiple times because I was having to sail to Cuba and porting under the island. In the process I switched servers several times, but had the same results on all servers when it came to leveling a weapon during quest causing all side quests to vanish.

Never lost the BP quest, and that progress remains at correct completion amount.

*Edited to add that completing Rudyard's Teeth quest does not reward the 100 rep and reverts to a new quest status once you're done with it. Now Doll, Cuba TP and Teeth quests are all still in journal as new quests.

tl;dr - leveling a weapon during Cuba TP or Rudyard's teeth quests will wipe all quests (other than BP quest) from journal. Cuba TP quest can be completed multiple times, receiving 525 rep for each completion.

Last edited:
I had completed the requirements for the quest.. and got the quest again at level 6, which overwrote my progress.

Same problem, it kept giving me the weapon unlock quest despite having just completed the quest (for Voodoo doll). Luckily, I just kept spamming talking to her an eventually she just gave me the doll regardless. I still have the quest though aha

Ever since 1.0.8 came out I think Tia is glitched I have 2 pirates with the doll and she has doll quest again and with my bigger pirate teleportation also and if you take it you can not drop it,

Checking in my journal for my level 28 pirate, I have the "Weapon Unlock: Voodoo Doll" quest. I already have a voodoo doll (level 15). I went to cuba, Tia gave me what I needed to do to start getting my doll...I already have the doll.

Also, this same level 28 pirate has ALL Teleports. I didn't have to do the quests at all, even Raven's Cove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back