Megathread: Search Quests (EITC Outpost Warrant etc)

I was just thinking that today! Im going to be level 50 before i even get the first 20% of the black pearl quest completed .
You have joined a host of many in the same predicament. Also people like me that don't have quests (some never gotten and some that disappeared), as well as many people not being able to do any searching for many quests not just black pearl so they cannot finish theirs also. So yes, you are not the only one. We can commiserate together as we wait for fixes.

You have joined a host of many in the same predicament. Also people like me that don't have quests (some never gotten and some that disappeared), as well as many people not being able to do any searching for many quests not just black pearl so they cannot finish theirs also. So yes, you are not the only one. We can commiserate together as we wait for fixes.
I have had no issues thankfully when it comes to searching quest, grenades quest went smoothly along with all the dig quest so far. Unfortunately today with the rum bottle at Fort Charles is where i have gotten stuck.

My Lvl 23 newbie has 6 search requirements from Pearl to Grenade quest to several others May have to Master 2 or 3 more pirates til that's fixed .... lol 2 down 7 to go and the lil one ..... lol

Searching is working for mine ...... so far > PR > Fort Charles > Grenade quest !!!!!!

EDIT : FALSE alarm , one crate worked and gave me a item , the rest I was able to seach but nothing found .......... :(

EITC Outpost > Warrant > Nothing found ...... :(

Last edited:
So the barrels/crates on Fort Charles are "fixed". The crates give both quest items (flints AND casings), while the barrels give casings.

Thank you for making it so that part of the quest advances, though now I would say (eventually) look at the code to see why crates are pulling double duty.

Confirmed the Kingshead searches work as well (invisi-Navy is still a thing, but not with infinite health).

Update : Finally got crates / barrels for Grenade quest , Eitc outpost didn't work on either quest , Got one item from desk in Fort Dundee turned that in and completed that quest . Went back to EITC oupost and got both items with one search ( lol ) , turned those 2 in and went back to Fort Dundee to search desk and got last item . ! Will see how the KH goes now on Grenade quest ! :) Must toggle quests I guess to get them to work . Tough having 6 quests with searching required . lol

Update : Finally got crates / barrels for Grenade quest , Eitc outpost didn't work on either quest , Got one item from desk in Fort Dundee turned that in and completed that quest . Went back to EITC oupost and got both items with one search ( lol ) , turned those 2 in and went back to Fort Dundee to search desk and got last item . ! Will see how the KH goes now on Grenade quest ! :) Must toggle quests I guess to get them to work . Tough having 6 quests with searching required . lol

And that, I think, is part of the problem, though I've never seen the code and won't pretend to know for sure. It could be that there's something broken with having multiple search quests where the game is only registering one at a time, and they don't flag properly when you get multiple quests that require it. So they both turn to "off".

I too wish I knew the coding aspects of this game. I've done tester work before, but very little coding (just some quests in NWN2, and that had a GUI so not really coding)

KH was a pain half of the enemies are invisable there. So i spent half the time running around swinging randomly hoping i hit something. Haha:pirate duel:

Back