New Queue Login System

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I'm very grateful for all the devs have done, but I really am not a fan of the queue. I'm lucky enough to have a beta key, so my issue doesn't come from never being able to play or never getting through the queue. My problem is my guild can never schedule a good time for events or meetings now. The time slot system wasn't perfect, but it was easier to schedule important stuff. Now we have no idea when people will be able to get online or how long they'll have when they actually do.

If they fix the problems of not having a set time to get ingame, and able to cancel your session before it ends, then it will be just as good if not better then play slots. This is my opinion do not bash me for it. thats all.

I believe that the queue acts as an indication of how many servers they need to employ in order to support the exponentially increasing pirate population and keep the game up and running in the future.

In a way, the queue system assists in the game’s development; the data produced by it is reflective of how many users are trying to play at once. As a community, we should cope with it and wait until our original playing experience is restored.

I’m aware of the issues that come with the queue system - however, I believe that in time waiting in the queue won’t take as much time.

I’m confident in the development team’s abilities to counteract these issues and further adapt the game so it’s one step closer to POTCO’s final state.

Edit: If my post wasn’t clear enough, I’m for the queue system.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I'm very grateful for all the devs have done, but I really am not a fan of the queue. I'm lucky enough to have a beta key, so my issue doesn't come from never being able to play or never getting through the queue. My problem is my guild can never schedule a good time for events or meetings now. The time slot system wasn't perfect, but it was easier to schedule important stuff. Now we have no idea when people will be able to get online or how long they'll have when they actually do.
Beta is not for your guild events. No offense mate.

Chris

Lol what, the beta is not for players to play with their friends on? Are you ok in the head mate? Hahahaha
Yes. It's literally for testing the game on a large scale. Not for playing. You're being very strange and erratic.

Chris

Just because the game is in beta doesn't mean people aren't allowed enjoy it with friends.
You can enjoy it, but you shouldn't complain if the developers need another method of allowing people in to test it.

Edit: Especially after only a couple days of a feature which had been repeatedly said is under development

The game is for both finding bugs and reporting them to be fixed and also playing with your friends. Not one or the other.

Complaints and feedback help provide information on whats wrong with the changes made. Without complaints and criticism you won't have any idea how things are going in game. We are allowed to have an opinion.

Sorry, but I will trust Davy. I am sure that some are exaggerating and your last example is in favor of my argument anyway. All I am saying is that so far I have seen far more people who have no trouble than I have of people who have. A lot of players are just impatient and it doesn't matter if they get to play so long as the maximum number of people get to play.

Listen... I really don't think you've read any of my replies nor anyone else's in this thread.

If you did read any, you should know I'm optimistic about this system! More than I should tbh.

Don't act like I haven't been keeping up with any of the replies and try to be smart with me by saying "did you?"
Because I'm pretty sure I'm the 2nd person to reply to this thread and I'm pretty sure I've replied the most as well.

Just ridiculous of you...

You can enjoy it, but you shouldn't complain if the developers need another method of allowing people in to test it.

Edit: Especially after only a couple days of a feature which had been repeatedly said is under development
I haven't been able to use the queue system yet, so I never have gotten nor stated an opinion on the system. I'm only saying what I see is a recurring problem numerous people have.
But in all senses it is fine if people dislike things or have a different opinion. If everyone unanimously agreed on something then something isn't right. It is human nature to both have a different opinion and express their view. I personally just am very tired of people giving the excuse that just because "it's beta, so people should suck it up and quit groaning about issues."

Please enlighten me - what does one do with a game?

At the moment, this particular game is in semi-open beta. The question is not what one does with a game, it's what one does with a beta test.
  1. a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.
The purpose of the game right now is to test it, and ensure it makes it to the final product in one piece. Guild events take a back seat to that, and are not our priority - our priority is to recreate the game and get it out of beta, as it always has been.

----------

As for those saying the queue system is worse... I'd suggest giving it some more time to grow. We are listening to feedback, but things like "It's worse than playtimes!" does NOT help us. If you think it's worse, give clear and helpful feedback so it can be improved, but simply calling it worse or saying you like playtimes more does not help us beta test.

Again, we're listening to the helpful stuff, and please ask you guys to remember that this is a beta. The purpose is to test things out, and ensure they're smooth and working as intended! All we ask for is some patience while things are developed, instead of instant outrage from day 1. :)

We aren't talking about guild events we are talking about basic quality of life here. If I am doing a material run I have no idea when my crew on board will be disconnecting since now its any random time instead of just by the hour. Queue system is nice in the fact that we dont have to camp out the website for a slot. But we have lost some control in when and what and how.

Let's sum it all up, based on my experience this is why I know the queue system is better.
1. I have never waited more than 45 min in queue to get in.
2. I can queue in and then go about do some other things while waiting.
3. I can play more. I can play now for example 2 sessions more or less between 5pm to 12pm. I was never able to do it with reserved time slots.
I was only able to play 3 hours and that's because the time slots were always booked.
4. As developers stated, it's a step forward towards open beta and game release. Among others, it allows the developers to test the strain on the servers based on players joining at different times and numbers. It is a more real open game simulation.
I have seen numerous comments how everyone loves the game and want to contribute, even donation and all. It was already stated there is no need for that.
There is one thing everyone needs and it's free: support.
Be supportive, that's how we can all contribute.
"The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few"
Attitude of gratitude, if the points 1 through 3 above do not apply to you, but, you care about the game and want to help please always remember the number 4 above.

Last edited:
Back