New Queue Login System

I like this queue system, 255 is the biggest number, time to play the game 33 minutes. That was yesterday and today I'm at 225, 5:56 pm PDT. Game is down update 6;19 pm the queue number 91.
FORE!
6:47pm update is downloading. Main windows displays that I got 2 hours 40 minutes at 6:54pm.

Last edited:
I hate the queue system, you have to be alert of the queue number all the time so you don't miss playing time. And if you want to play right away and don't have time to wait 30 mins to play, the reserve system was way better. You would schedule a time to play- lets say 4:00, in the reserve system. When you want to play at 4:00 with the queue system you would really be playing 4:15 - 4:33 if you need to wait. I think its a big leap forward to playing all the time but its a downgrade from the reserve system. (This is all my opinion and you may disagree to anything I say)

My grass is sage brush and rocks. 6/26 4am I login to play and my number was 1. Go figure. With eight oceans, only one has a lots of players. Thiers has to be an equation on cracking the queue.
But I did not play, cause I had to go to work. I just minimized the windows, enjoy a half pint of ale. I dry my mouth with my sleeve, half hour has past.
There is one good thing, game crashing is less but, grid lock is 15 minutes longer for me. Pirates can't be choosey. Fair winds mate do not spilt up wind

this is a downgrade since we cant pick and chose when we do what and how we can't cancel our slot if plans change. Its not exactly beneficial in any way. I don't see why we should suffer just because some people use more then one account to reserve more slots. Just do it based on IP Address then.

you could easily raise the allowed number of players online without ditching play slots.

Facts:

• We don't have to visit a website anymore
  • We have less control over when we can get ingame and when our time runs out making material runs and other coordinated team efforts harder
  • We wait longer to "get in"
  • You still might not get in at a certain time exactly how you would with playslots if its busy enough so its really no benefit and no difference
  • Cant cancel a slot (big issue since sometimes rejoining the que after a 3 hour slot means waiting 2 hours just to play 3 hours)
  • Sessions start and end any time the person actually gets in, this makes figuring out when your crew is gonna disconnect from game while doing sailing MUCH harder and more confusion, results in someone boarding then saying oh I gotta leave in 4 minutes even though say its 9:34pm etc

Literally the only benefit of this new system is people cant use multiple accounts to reserve an entire day, which if you think about it before was not a massive problem.

TLDR: I am someone without a beta key, and this new system has resulted in me being ingame about 1/2 as much as before. Take it how you want its just the truth. Not trying to be mean or negative.

Last edited:
this is a downgrade since we cant pick and chose when we do what and how we can't cancel our slot if plans change. Its not exactly beneficial in any way. I don't see why we should suffer just because some people use more then one account to reserve more slots. Just do it based on IP Address then.

you could easily raise the allowed number of players online without ditching play slots.

Facts:

• We don't have to visit a website anymore
  • We have less control over when we can get ingame and when our time runs out making material runs and other coordinated team efforts harder
  • We wait longer to "get in"
  • You still might not get in at a certain time exactly how you would with playslots if its busy enough so its really no benefit and no difference
  • Cant cancel a slot (big issue since sometimes rejoining the que after a 3 hour slot means waiting 2 hours just to play 3 hours)
  • Sessions start and end any time the person actually gets in, this makes figuring out when your crew is gonna disconnect from game while doing sailing MUCH harder and more confusion, results in someone boarding then saying oh I gotta leave in 4 minutes even though say its 9:34pm etc

Literally the only benefit of this new system is people cant use multiple accounts to reserve an entire day, which if you think about it before was not a massive problem.
Though you make valid points, I respectfully disagree with you. I think the queue system is really great! Over time it will get better. I feel as though you are slightly exaggerating queue times. I haven't had to wait more than an hour, but maybe that's just with which time I queue. Try to be patient, the queue system will improve over time along with the servers! It'll help us move closer to open beta!

If you instantly get in with the que, then odds are that would have been a time that normally has like 100+ play slots open during that time period normally before. So that arguement is invalid. Prime time hours ingame are just as rough to get ingame as before, maybe even worse. Since you can't spam refresh page to get a slot on the hour.

And see the way they're going to "improve the queue system" soon is by raising the amount of people allowed online, which is something that could have been done with play slots, which let us have more control over when we do what. in a timely manner on the dot, organized, to go in line with material runs, Cannon Defense, DH, etc.

Im just trying to understand 1 thing that the Queue System does better then play slots and I can't think of any. I'm not saying its awful I'm just saying its a downgrade and I don't really understand why lol.

Im just trying to understand 1 thing that the Queue System does better then play slots and I can't think of any. I'm not saying its awful I'm just saying its a downgrade and I don't really understand why lol.
Well, it allows more people to play at once. That's a pretty cool upgrade!

Love the Queue System, I can play more and don't have to worry about missing my play time if something comes up.
In my opinion this is a great step forward towards open beta and game release.
Please keep in mind that this also helps the game developers test the straining on the servers.
If you want the game to move faster to open beta and then game release you will support this.

Love the Queue System, I can play more and don't have to worry about missing my play time if something comes up.
In my opinion this is a great step forward towards open beta and game release.
Please keep in mind that this also helps the game developers test the straining on the servers.
If you want the game to move faster to open beta and then game release you will support this.
I agree with you, Robert! I think over time most people will come over to the side of the queue system. It allows more pirates to play and less time to wait! Don't you guys remember having to wait hours for a playslot, anyways?

" While I agree with you that the system is probably far from perfect, I did expect more as mentioned in this thread such as an ETA or something similar. I've been sitting around position #200 for almost an hour now and I'm going to estimate I won't get my 3 hour time slot for another hour roughly, at which point I will only have about an hour more to actually play the game. So this being said I will have spent 2/3 hours waiting to even log in where as with the playtime system I can set a time for after I get home from work play and move on."

"I understand that the queue is new and there will be imperfections, but I have been waiting in the queue for an hour now and I'm only #78. I think having the queue is a good idea, but not for people with busy lives. Most people wont be able to wait 1-2 hours so they could play. I think there should be queues and playtimes because when I come back home from work I would just want to sit down and play at a time that is convenient, I would rather not have to wait an hour until I could get into the game."

"Well...30 minutes later and i have moved from position 119 to position 94 (holding steady at this spot for more than 10 minutes):cry::cry:. Sadly my time is limited today so I don't think I will be able to get in the game today. A few things I will note to myself moving forward:"

"I have not been able to even go into the game with this new crap system. I tried and waited for an hour an a half and then they go on an update. Then i try again and i finally get to number 2 and it says the sever is currently loading. Its absolute crap when the playtime system worked perfectly fine. If it aint broke dont fix it"

That's just here in this thread alone. If you'd like, I can find many more complaints :)
Sorry, but I will trust Davy. I am sure that some are exaggerating and your last example is in favor of my argument anyway. All I am saying is that so far I have seen far more people who have no trouble than I have of people who have. A lot of players are just impatient and it doesn't matter if they get to play so long as the maximum number of people get to play.

I think we are able to get ingame more not because of the Queue system but because they raised the number of people allowed online. Everything we are currently able to do to get ingame we could do with playslots given the amount of people currently online difference is we can't be organized, by the hour, so that captains of ships know when to port, so that we remember when our session ends better, and so everyone is on the same page.

And if you are trying to log in with the queue system at say 8 am then yes you will get in straight away, but if you try at say 4pm you will still be waiting 3 hours, just to play 3 hours. Normally to play at a very populated time like 4pm I would just refresh the page for 20 minutes and catch a spare slot. or reserve the play time way earlier in the day and then go to work.

As long as I can get ingame I'm happy so none of this is really a big deal after all, I am just pointing out that its exactly the same if not slightly worse then Playslots.

Maybe with a bit of tweaking it can be better then playslots, but I'm not really sure what they could change, since sessions still dont end at perfect times like on the dot 4:00 or 12:00 etc, so it still is hard for people to know when someones 3 hour session ends.

It isn't the end of the world like some people are making it out to be, but in some ways it is definitely a downgrade. No one can deny that. But thats just how it is currently. Im sure this system will work better in the long run.

One way you could majorly improve the Queue system is to allow someone to cancel their session before it ends before the 3 hours. Maybe with a ingame button or something. This would prove infinitely useful.

Why are a few people saying its confining? You wake up or get home, whatever, log in, it chooses a position in line...feed the gerbils, walk the dog, make nachos, etc....don't have to babysit it....once your position is "called"... its there...you can play your fave voxel game an hour over and still have two hours left....its there. Play slots are used in testing phases in lots games....they never stay as a feature. That's because devs then have to spend more time tending to the play slot problems(pretty much customizing each and every persons play...) than to game development.

I agree with Yulia , being able to end session time before it completes would be nice.

I think we are able to get ingame more not because of the Queue system but because they raised the number of people allowed online. Everything we are currently able to do to get ingame we could do with playslots given the amount of people currently online difference is we can't be organized, by the hour, so that captains of ships know when to port, so that we remember when our session ends better, and so everyone is on the same page.

And if you are trying to log in with the queue system at say 8 am then yes you will get in straight away, but if you try at say 4pm you will still be waiting 3 hours, just to play 3 hours. Normally to play at a very populated time like 4pm I would just refresh the page for 20 minutes and catch a spare slot. or reserve the play time way earlier in the day and then go to work.

As long as I can get ingame I'm happy so none of this is really a big deal after all, I am just pointing out that its exactly the same if not slightly worse then Playslots.

Maybe with a bit of tweaking it can be better then playslots, but I'm not really sure what they could change, since sessions still dont end at perfect times like on the dot 4:00 or 12:00 etc, so it still is hard for people to know when someones 3 hour session ends.

It isn't the end of the world like some people are making it out to be, but in some ways it is definitely a downgrade. No one can deny that. But thats just how it is currently. Im sure this system will work better in the long run.

One way you could majorly improve the Queue system is to allow someone to cancel their session before it ends before the 3 hours. Maybe with a ingame button or something. This would prove infinitely useful.
No one is waiting three hours.

Try logging in at 6pm to 11pm EST and say that again. We are waiting exactly the same amount of time as we would to reserve a play slot. Whats your point?
Literally you're not. Max wait time has been only 2 hours, and that was with a small bug. You're acting very overdramatic. That kind of behavior does not make anyone happier. Further, your quickness to jump on something in a negative light is extremely obvious. It's not helping anything.

Chris

I don't know anyone that waits 3 hours in any time zone ever. Maybe your internet could cause that...or corrupted files...thats excessive.

You're acting very overdramatic. That kind of behavior does not make anyone happier. Further, your quickness to jump on something in a negative light is extremely obvious. It's not helping anything.

You're the one being overdramatic. Infact I even stated in my post as long as we can get ingame at all its not a big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. But you are pretending its better when its not. At least read what people are writing before replying.

A lot of people who have jobs or who go to school or have any kind of responsibilities preferred being able to schedule a certain time window ahead of time so that they know they can get in.

For some people having to wait an hour just to get ingame from the time you started attempting to get in can be problematic. And having people begin their sessions not on the hour can be confusing for material run drivers.

And not being able to cancel your session before it ends is also a downgrade. I've never said its the end of the world I am just pointing out fair and understandable points as to how its lacking. You can take my criticism how you want. But stomping your feet like a child just because I dared to complain about something isn't going to help anyone

If no one is vocal about the problems the new system has then how can they hope to fix them? You quit being negative. lol.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to play since before queues were implemented so this is all from what I'm gathering from reading this thread;
  • The Queues make it hard to coordinate large scale events with other players, due to unpredictable wait times.
  • Captains can't make any sort of runs on a regular schedule with crews without fear of people running out of time before they port, due to the fact it is now even harder to tell if someone crashed and is trying to get back on, or ran out of time.
  • The queues make it hard if not impossible for those with busy schedules to be on for any considerable amount of time, due to unpredictable wait times to get through the queue.
  • They supposedly increase the Player capacity, even though if I remember correctly with playtimes in use the Player cap (not including key holders) was around 750, with each time holding 250 slots.
  • Those who think negatively about new things are shot down about as fast an attacking plane trying to get past a sea of hostile Anti Aircraft Artillery... and I wish that analogy wasn't as fitting as it is, but I have seen it happen time and time again, both on the forums, and in the the world as well; one person states their opinion of a topic that goes against the opinion of people who like it and suddenly FLAK, EVERYWHERE!
Take some of these with a grain of salt if you will, but the last point I am getting a bit agitated by. Yes, some people can state an opposing opinion more respectfully than they currently do, and yes sometimes they can keep hyperbole to a minimum. But seriously, for every time I see a comment that states that something isn't right in their own opinion, there are as many if not more comments that tell them that "It's just Beta," "Be grateful for the fact we got a working game," "Stop over exaggerating," or "Drama helps no one, stop inciting it."
I don't mean to come off as a bigot or anything like that, nor do I mean to target anyone, I am grateful for the ability to play the game again. But it is seriously getting very old seeing this happen so much.
Apologies for this wall of text.

Back