Pirates Forums and TLOPO

My 2 cents worth, sound reasoning.

We all know what we've been through the last few years and this is our realistic and only future currently, we should all get behind this "HUGE" effort.

Not many Pirates/People have time to spend half their day visiting different ports of call (forums) to share their views and keep in touch.

Well done! :cheers:
:pirate ship:
Well said, I agree completely

Hello Forum Family,

Today I'm happy to announce Pirates Forums has partnered with The Legend of Pirates Online. I believe TLOPO is the best bet at a future for the community, and I am excited and grateful at their progress and dedication to bringing back the game for everyone.

Going forward, we will become the official forum for the game and work alongside the TLOPO team to cater to the community cohesively. The forums will continue to operate largely as they always have, and we will still offer the same discussion categories and topics we do now, but our central focus will be on TLOPO.

I look forward to seeing what the future has in store, and I hope you all do too.

If there are any questions or comments, you may reply here or start a conversation with me (as always).

Davy Darkrage

so what's the balance between each party for this partnership? also, will the forums acquire a tagline or alter its name?

so what's the balance between each party for this partnership? also, will the forums acquire a tagline or alter its name?
The forums will now be the 'official' TLOPO forums. All forums/threads/categories on the site will be the same, however now more emphasis will be placed on TLOPO (which I've been seeing since Alpha was released.) The admins on the site will be much more closely in contact with the TLOPO team, and Johnny will be a staff member here as well. I don't think we'll be changing the name of the site, but Davy hasn't told me anything about that so you never know ;)

I'm hoping this relationship with TLOPO will allow us to be able to provide more "insider information" about the game and be able to communicate with the development team more easily about suggestions/bugs etc. I also think it would be cool if the TLOPO staff members would be able to provide gold codes or something so we could maybe have contests in the game with gold codes as rewards :)

The forums will now be the 'official' TLOPO forums. All forums/threads/categories on the site will be the same, however now more emphasis will be placed on TLOPO (which I've been seeing since Alpha was released.) The admins on the site will be much more closely in contact with the TLOPO team, and Johnny will be a staff member here as well. I don't think we'll be changing the name of the site, but Davy hasn't told me anything about that so you never know

I'm hoping this relationship with TLOPO will allow us to be able to provide more "insider information" about the game and be able to communicate with the development team more easily about suggestions/bugs etc. I also think it would be cool if the TLOPO staff members would be able to provide gold codes or something so we could maybe have contests in the game with gold codes as rewards

@Davy Darkrage and @JohnnyDaPirate:
this is the info i was looking for since emphasize was already mentioned ie what type of benefits will each group do for each other and what they will jointly do for the community.

since this will be the company water cooler now, what's going to happen to jdp's TLOPO forum (http://legendofpirates.boards.net/) and the irc?

Last edited:
this is the info i was looking for since emphasize was already mentioned ie what type of benefits will each group do for each other and what they will jointly do for the community.

since this will be the company water cooler now, what's going to happen to jdp's TLOPO forum and the irc?
I would guess they are keeping the irc. Idk about the forum, I didn't even know there was one

since this will be the company water cooler now, what's going to happen to jdp's TLOPO forum (http://legendofpirates.boards.net/) and the irc?
That boards forum was a former developer's (Wilee's). We have stated multiple times that we're not affiliated with it. We actually discouraged Wilee from even making it in the past.. but if you know anything about Wilee it shouldn't come has a shock that he didn't listen to our advice.

The IRC will remain the way it is. We have a lot going on there and have recently affiliated with the GameSurge IRC Network. So, that's been pretty cool.

That boards forum was a former developer's (Wilee's). We have stated multiple times that we're not affiliated with it. We actually discouraged Wilee from even making it in the past.. but if you know anything about Wilee it shouldn't come has a shock that he didn't listen to our advice.

The IRC will remain the way it is. We have a lot going on there and have recently affiliated with the GameSurge IRC Network. So, that's been pretty cool.

how much authority does @JohnnyDaPirate have of The Boards tho? he is an admin there.

what are the benefits for both tlopo and the players for the irc being affiliated with game surge?

how much authority does @JohnnyDaPirate have of The Boards tho? he is an admin there.

what are the benefits for both tlopo and the players for the irc being affiliated with game surge?
A lot of the staff were literally just randomly made admins/mods. I'm unsure of the authority he has on there, but if he's an admin I'm sure more than enough. Just because we have mod/admin privileges on there doesn't mean we work there. I haven't been on that site in months, I probably have a good 5,000 unread notifications -- which will remain unread.

It's more of a benefit for the TLOPO staff. We have more freedom on the network, access to things like a botserver for ArrrServ. Along with a ton of other things. See more here.

@Davy Darkrage and @JohnnyDaPirate:

It states "fan site"..also the ticker says "This website is not associated with The Legend of Pirates Online.".

So, does this mean that the terms and conditions for signing up on this site will mirror that of TLOPO? I'd like to know if my personal messages will be kept personal here. Since they weren't on TLOPO.

So, does this mean that the terms and conditions for signing up on this site will mirror that of TLOPO? I'd like to know if my personal messages will be kept personal here. Since they weren't on TLOPO.

I would think it would be self explanatory that since TLOPO is joining the Forums here, our terms and conditions would be the ones in effect, and they have not changed. What terms and conditions TLOPO has in their game is separate from here. If you have a concern regarding TLOPO, you might want to contact one of their Staff.

I would think it would be self explanatory that since TLOPO is joining the Forums here, our terms and conditions would be the ones in effect, and they have not changed. What terms and conditions TLOPO has in their game is separate from here. If you have a concern regarding TLOPO, you might want to contact one of their Staff.
I've contacted them already :) They see no issues in reading everyone's private conversations. I was just ensuring that was still the case here since Davy assured me that ya'll weren't utilizing any extra add-ons to view private messages. (Since there are a few Xenforo add-ons that allow that)

I've contacted them already :) They see no issues in reading everyone's private conversations. I was just ensuring that was still the case here since Davy assured me that ya'll weren't utilizing any extra add-ons to view private messages. (Since there are a few Xenforo add-ons that allow that)

We here at PiratesForums.co have NEVER and WILL NEVER read others private messages.
While other forum sites may have used add-ons to invade others privacy, we respect of our members privacy.
This has been reiterated multiple times.

I repeat, if there are any issues with TLOPO, please take them up directly with one of their Staff.
The Forum Family does not need to know what you may or may not have done by contacting them.

Any posts that are not pertinent to the subject of this thread may be removed
to allow the continuation of the flow of said thread.
Thank you in advance for staying on topic.

Johnny will be joining us as an administrator, alongside a few other staff changes. Captain Star and I will still be in charge of the forums. We will not be changing our moniker.

@Davy Darkrage and @JohnnyDaPirate

like what nate said and based on all the welcome posts people have been making, will their be an official spokesperson/pr rep?
I don't think they'll be any official person appointed, but the developers and other members of the TLOPO team will be here to field questions and look at feedback.

Johnny will be joining us as an administrator, alongside a few other staff changes. Captain Star and I will still be in charge of the forums. We will not be changing our moniker.

^ that'll be interesting to see how it turns out, (implementation and development)

I don't think they'll be any official person appointed, but the developers and other members of the TLOPO team will be here to field questions and look at feedback

i can understand for technical issues, but when it comes to other things, one dev shouldn't end up being the only voice of the entire team. that's a lot to put on one's shoulders when they have other stresses to worry about, let alone concerns for the game they're working on.

is @JohnnyDaPirate planning to add more ppl to his Public Relations team? he's still the head that dept -- unless he's told you otherwise.

Last edited:
Back